Automated Login to Multiple Servers

We're trying to automatically log-in to 3 trees/servers through their
static
IP addresses. Diffent versions of clients are involved (but we have
tried it
using the latest), and the servers being connected to have different
versions of Netware (5-6), though the one we're logging into first has

Netware 6.5.

When a person logs in to the main server, we want the login script to
automatically login to three other servers using their IP addresses,
and map
the main drive of each server to s separate letter, such as L:, M:,
N:.
Each server has its own tree, and its own static IP address.

We're having no luck coming up with a login script to get this to
work. We
can log in and accomplish this manually, but the key is to have the
three
servers connected to and mapped automatically when the first server is

logged in to.

0
Stewart

> When a person logs in to the main server, we want the login script
> automatically login to three other servers using their IP addresses,
and map
> the main drive of each server to s separate letter, such as L:, M:,
N:.
> Each server has its own tree, and its own static IP address.
>
> We're having no luck coming up with a login script to get this to
work. We
> can log in and accomplish this manually, but the key is to have the
three
> servers connected to and mapped automatically when the first server
is
> logged in to.

The users' credentials are the same in all the trees/servers, right?

Do all the servers you're logging into have a replica with those
users'
objects in them?  (Bindery emulation makes it a whole lot easier,
because AFAIK the only way to have multiple-simultaneous-to-
different-trees logins is to use the TREE command in the login script,

which necessarily requires that SLP and DS name resolution work
properly between the different trees (which it sounds like you are
trying to avoid by using the IP address only).

If these are both the case, than this will probably work in the login
script:

#net use S:  \\123.345.678.9\MyVolname

(if the novell client is loaded, the net use command will make a
Novell connection
properly)

Otherwise, you need to get SLP working and use the TREE command to
switch between different trees.

(of course, you can always browse to the resource(s) and have the
workstation
remember them for you, but then that's out of the scope of working
within
the login script).

John

Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
posted using Xananews 1.15.6.3

0
John
9/18/2003 7:55:21 PM
Stewart,

I just saw Nicolas' response to your post in the other forum. Please
don't post the
same or similar questions to different forums, as it causes
duplication of effort.

Thanks,

John

Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
posted using Xananews 1.15.6.3

0
John
9/18/2003 8:00:32 PM
> Stewart,
>
> I just saw Nicolas' response to your post in the other forum. Please

don't post the
> same or similar questions to different forums, as it causes
duplication
of effort.

> Thanks,
>
> John

That's because your forums, like your products themselves, are so
confusing it's hard to know what the appropriate forum is - especially
in
this case since you appear to have no general forum for Netware 6.

0
who
9/18/2003 8:42:15 PM
> That's because your forums, like your products themselves, are so
> confusing it's hard to know what the appropriate forum is -
especially in
> this case since you appear to have no general forum for Netware 6.

Debating the organization of the forums is probably better done in the

chat forum (although direct support questions about Novell products
are
prohibited there),  or there's a link at the bottom of any of the
support pages
that is a feedback email link that you can make any relevant
suggestions
for improvement you desire.

The Forum FAQ webpages (which are helpful, although I agree that there

are times when it is difficult to know the 'perfect' forum to post in)
have a section
that covers general  questions, one of which is "which forums should I

subscribe to"; that particular FAQ mentions avoiding duplicate posts.

Thanks,

John

Novell Product Support Forums SysOp
John's Tips & Links Page:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstoecker/novell/

#include disclaim.h:
# My opinions are not necessarily those of Novell
# or its employees or even the other forum sysops or regulars.
posted using Xananews 1.15.6.3

0
John
9/18/2003 9:29:46 PM
> That's because your forums, like your products themselves, are so
> confusing it's hard to know what the appropriate forum is -
> especially in this case since you appear to have no general forum
for
> Netware 6.

Please just post in the one that seems best. If it is too far off
you'll be politely directed to the more appropriate one.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

Win2k server w/multiple nics wont login to Netware
I know this sounds really bad, however, we have a situation where we run a Win2K server with 2 nics (10.x.x.x. and 192.168.x.x) that used to login to our E-Directory just fine. We recently upgraded this unit to a new Dell Poweredge 2650. The 10.x.x.x nic is attached to our network. If both nics are active, the unit cannot find the tree. Disable the 192.168.x.x nic and it logs in fine. I've tried placing the IP address in the server field and it still doesn't work. The old unit works fine. I did run a sniffer on the 10.x.x.x side and saw a 19.168.x.x packet passed, howev...

Login in to Windows server and Netware server
Hi All, We are running a Netware 5.0 file/print server in a small business environment. We are now in the process of setting up a Windows 2003 Small business server as well (needed for some database application services etc...). We are typically running Client32 4.90 sp2+ as clients. Is it feasible to log into to both the Netware server and the Windows domain (AD setup)? If so, what do I need to do this? Will the current clients do this? Do I need extra software? Should I avoid it like the plague? If anyone can point me to some online docs or provide some suggestions ...

Changing preferred NetWare Server + Login-Server
Hi, we have to migrate an old server to a newer one. Although we want to clean out some "old" stuff (secondary IPs of servers, DNS ...). I checked the Novell Client Settings in the registry and found out that the Login-Server in the Tab eDirectory is stored in randomly generated folder. I think I cant change this setting through a registry key. Do I have any other opportunities to change this setting? Thank you, Adrian -- redwood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you are using the "default" login prof...

Automated testing with Persona as the login tool -- ways of spoofing the login?
Hi all! I've been playing around with Persona as a login system, and I've managed to write some selenium tests that check that the user can log in and out with Persona, all my javascript works, etc etc. Now that that's tested, I don't want my *other* selenium tests that need to be logged in to have to jump through all the persona hoops. I'd like some way of side-stepping that process, and just generating a browser session that's already logged in. I can do this by manually creating sessions in the database and matching cookies in the selenium browser. *however*...

Set up Netware Client32 to login to Netware 6 server from remote subnet
I need to set up Netware Client32 to login to a Netware 6 server from a remote subnet through a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. Can someone please tell me the best way to do this? > I need to set up Netware Client32 to login to a Netware 6 server from a > remote subnet through a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. Can someone > please tell me the best way to do this? > P.S. - The Linksys router was set up to use WEP security. If the Radius is a better choice, please let me know. tmeg@controlmatics.com wrote: > I need to set up Netware Client32 to login to a ...

Design tools / sql server mgt tools cause login fail
Login failed for user 'TOSHIBA-USER\ASPNET' I know that the file persmission for the web application have to include aspnet, so i keep resetting the folder permission for aspnet in file manager, but the login failed keeps coming back every day or two problem is after working with VS05 Pro, SQL Server Management Studio CTP, somehow the aspnet persmission get changed, use alot of sqldatasource wizards and often there is a conflict/hang between the datasource wizard and the need to have the mdf in a dettached state within VS server explorer, not sure but the procedure to fix this se...

How switch primary login server to another server on Netware 5.1
Hi, There are four Netware 5.1 servers (Server1, Server2, Server3, Server4) in my network. Server1 is the primary logon server. We want to retire it and move the primary logon server to server3. Server3 is holding Read/Write replicals of NDS partition. How to perform this switch so the user will not experience logon problem? Thanks in advance! Hong There's no such thing as a "primary logon server" as such. I guess you mean you specify the Preferred Server in the client? You just need to change that by whatever means you are currently using to adm...

Server Admin tool
Hi my server people have informed me that there is a tool that I can access the server with.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?   Many Thanks howlinhuskie Do you mean for administering SQL Server 2005?If yes, then they probably meant SQL Server Express Management Studio. It's a free tool and it can be downloaded here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ HTHMy blogs: www.snowball.bewww.codeflakes.net Thanks for looking in on me.  I have this installed,  I am really just getting started with ASP.NET.  Can this tool access the ...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Multiple Server Abends on multiple servers, virus? hacking?
3 of my clients that are running NetWare 6.5 Small Business w/ groupwise & apache running began getting multiple abends & server lockups starting late last week. It seemed like too much of a coincidence to be anything else than hacking, virus or trojan activity. Nothing had been changed on any of the servers for a few months, two are running SP3 & one is on SP2. Does anybody know if there is some new hacking/virus going around that's affecting NetWare servers open to the internet? Thanks, Joe Joe, Can you post the abend log for one of the servers - we nee...

Login to a nated netware server
Hello All! As I remember years ago a login to a netware server that is behind a nat firewall doesn't work. Now we have a connection from austria to switzerland where they provide us with a server that is behind a nat firewall and ... the netware client 4.90sp2 seems to work with this ! It takes about half an minute but the login runs quiet well using the nated server ip address. I'm running 4.91 on all my workstations for testing oes and that client doesn't work with this situation. Using ethereal during the login process shows me that the netware server sends the cl...

Client Login to Multiple Servers
I'm having a problem that's probably simple to resolve, yet aggravating for me at the same time. Here's my setup... 1 Tree - EXTREMEDATA 2 Servers - XDATA1 & XDATA2 2 Organization Levels - dataentry & management XDATA1 is in Organization "dataentry" XDATA2 is in Organization "management" The USER objects are setup under Organization "data entry", using a GROUP object for NDS rights and are assigned for both servers under both Organizations. The users seem to have access to all the servers, it just refuses to map to XDATA2 ...

Client Login to Multiple Servers
I'm having a problem that's probably simple to resolve, yet aggravating for me at the same time. Here's my setup... 1 Tree - EXTREMEDATA 2 Servers - XDATA1 & XDATA2 2 Organization Levels - dataentry & management XDATA1 is in Organization "dataentry" XDATA2 is in Organization "management" The USER objects are setup under Organization "data entry", using a GROUP object for NDS rights and are assigned for both servers under both Organizations. The users seem to have access to all the servers, it just refuses to map to XDATA2 ...

Web resources about - Automated Login to Multiple Servers - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Automated theorem proving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Russell and Whitehead thought they could derive all mathematical truth using axioms and inference rules of formal logic, in principle opening ...

Social Ads Tool Debuts Automated Facebook Ad Campaigns With Page Booster
Facebook ad-management system Social Ads Tool announced a new feature that automatically creates and runs Facebook ads for selected page posts. ...

Facebook Begins Testing Automated Face-Tagging Photo Feature
... product manager for its Photos application. And now, Odio and company have a new feature out for Facebook’s in-house photos application: automated ...

What kind of automated testing does Facebook do? - Quora
For our PHP code, we have a suite of a few thousand test classes using the PHPUnit framework. They range in complexity from simple true unit ...

Instalist - Automated Holiday Gift List Creator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Instalist - Automated Holiday Gift List Creator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Automated Postal Center and new Priority Mail box display - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The automated postal center is a custom-made platform by Wincor-Nixdorf based on one of their indoor ATM designs (a version of which can often ...

Berkeley Ridiculously Automated Dorm (BRAD) - YouTube
During my freshman year at UC Berkeley, I set out to create the most ridiculously automated dorm room in the school ever. Three months and several ...

Futures Lab Video #34: Automated Video Editing and Mobile App Tools
... shows you tools that enable just about anyone to edit video and create mobile apps — with little or no technical skills required. PART 1: Automated ...

Sydney's Patrick terminal goes automated, with fewer staff but dancing robots
... Port Botany, every hour of every day, the robots are dancing. Well, they look like they are dancing – these 45 so-called AutoStrads, or automated ...

Automated Facebook scanner among the tools being developed to fight online radicalisation
A computer program that automatically detects signs of radicalisation on Facebook profiles is one of several tools developed by Australian ...