apache permissions problem

I am receiving an error in apache when trying to access a restricted
website (using htaccess/password file).  The error is:
Permission denied: Could not open password file...

The error shows up in apache logs when someone enters in a correct
username and password when trying to view a restricted webpage.
The setup is as follows:
Server1 (netware 6.5 sp8) has the webserver
Server2 (netware 6.5 sp8) has the homedirs and public_html folders

The problem does not occur if I setup an htaccess / pw file on apache's
root dir on Server1.  The pw file is of course not in the web structure.

I can't seem to figure out the problem.  How can I figure out what user
is loading apache?
Thanks!

--
nwgwuser2012

nwgwuser2012

Nevermind-- I took out the server name from the syntax of the htaccess
file and placed the acl file on Server2 and it worked.

--
nwgwuser2012
nwgwuser2012's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122342

0
nwgwuser2012

apache for netware problems
I am running Netware 6.5 SP6 after a recent upgrade of all servers to this SP. imanager now displays The page cannot be displayed on 3 servers out of 6. rconj and Netware Remote manager still work on these servers. certificate services appaear to be fine when using NRM and rconj. pkidiag found some errors but was able to fix these. I've tried to resinstall apache, tomcat and imanager on one server only to get the same problem on one server. Other errors I am seeing from apache: [Fri Apr 27 15:44:05 2007] [notice] LDAP: Built with Novell LDAP SDK [Fri Apr 27 15:44:...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Website Admin Tool Problem!!!
For some reason when i host my site through my file system i am unable to configure it through the Admin Tool.  I get an error message (an error has accured, please restart the tool and try again).  I can edit my site when i host it through http/localhost just fine.  If anyone else is having this same problem and figured out away around this, please let me know or, if anyone from the ASP.NET team happens to spot this little post, share some love.  Many thanks!!!...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

Apache / Netware 6.5 Problems (?)
I am reposting this message - I thought I posted it yesterday; however, I haven't seen it. If it is a duplicate I apologize - Thanks. I am running Netware 6.5 sp3 with Apache 2.0.52. I installed the default configuration and have two instances running. I tried to use the Web Manager to configure apache but couldn't figure out which instance I was configuring. I manually edited the httpd.conf in the apache2 directory just to include my ip address on the listening ports and add my email address for notification. So, whether I enter the IP address or the server name, I g...

Apache Single-Server Admin Tool
I am having an issue and just want to see if anyone else has seen this. When I click the link to take me to the Apache single-server administration tool, sometimes the page appears and it works perfectly. Other times, the page never appears and the browser waits indefinitely (the progress indicator never stops). Any thoughts? Yancey > When I click the link to take me to the Apache single-server > administration tool, sometimes the page appears and it works > perfectly. Other times, the page never appears and the browser waits > indefinitely (the progress indicat...

Problems with Apache SSL and admin server
Hope this is the right place to ask this. I am having a problem with Apache on NW6 SP3. When I enter nvxadmup at the server console the following modules all load with the OK status: mod_nds, mod_tls, mod_jk, mod_lcgi. However the server does not start and the logger screen returns the following message: Module MOD_JK.NLM load status OK [date and time] [crit] (10091)Unknown error: make_secure_socket: for address<ipaddress> port 2200, WSAIoctl: (SO_SSL_SET_SERVER) There is only one instance of apache running (trying to run??) on the server. The apache version is 1.3.27 I h...

Netware Admin GroupWise view problem
Ok, I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how to even ask my question, so I'm apologizing from the start but here it goes. When I am in NetAdmin in the GroupWise view window, I used to be able to begin to type a user's name and it would highlight each name as I typed more letters. For instance, if I typed my ID, I'd type "e" and it would move and highlight the name at the start of the E's. Then I'd type "et" and it would highlight the start of the users who begin with "et". I'd type "etr" and it would h...

Web Site Admin tool problem
Hi! The ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool has stopped working. When I start the tool, the first page works as expected, but when I click any other page, the following error message is shown: "Tool has timed out" What could be the problem?Tommy Take a look at this thread, they are talking about the same problem/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Web resources about - apache permissions problem - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

Michael Daniel Henderson who killed three teenagers in a smash denied permission to appeal
A driver who killed three teenagers in a hit-and-run smash in southeast Queensland has been refused permission to appeal his 10-year sentence. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.