apache for netware problems

I am running Netware 6.5 SP6 after a recent upgrade of all servers to this
SP.

imanager now displays The page cannot be displayed on 3 servers out of 6.

rconj and Netware Remote manager still work on these servers.  certificate
services appaear to be fine when using NRM and rconj.  pkidiag found some
errors but was able to fix these.

I've tried to resinstall apache, tomcat and imanager on one server only to
get the same problem on one server.

Other errors I am seeing from apache:

[Fri Apr 27 15:44:05 2007] [notice] LDAP: Built with Novell LDAP SDK
[Fri Apr 27 15:44:05 2007] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable
(OS 10037)Operation already in progress: make_sock: unable to listen for
connections on address 0.0.0.0:443
[Fri Apr 27 15:44:05 2007] [alert] no listening sockets available,
shutting down
[Fri Apr 27 15:44:05 2007] [alert] no listening sockets available,
shutting down

Apache for netware is not loaded on all 3 servers and the servers are not
listening on ports 80 and 443.

I am open to ideaas as I would like this resolved.

Cheers,

0
bigbird

Bigbird,
> (OS 10037)Operation already in progress: make_sock: unable to listen for
> connections on address 0.0.0.0:443

Something else is listrning on 443. Httpstk?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
4/30/2007 6:52:15 AM
I have seen what your describing on Linux OES but I am running Netware 6.5
SP6.

How do I tell if anything else is running on these ports on netware?

Thank you

0
bigbird
5/1/2007 10:42:34 PM
Bigbird,
> How do I tell if anything else is running on these ports on netware?

TCPCON. But check that HTTPSTK is not using that port. Also see the
HTTPCLOSEPORT command.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
5/2/2007 6:06:57 AM
Yah the port is open.  TCPCON tells me and I can also telnet on that port.
 The banners do not reveal what may be running or using the port.  I can
say that its definately not Apache for Netware.

The port close command does not seem to have worked, I found this earlier
today on a TID.

I have rearanged some lines in the autoexec.ncf and will give the server a
restart as soon as some of the users leave for the day.

Do you have any others tips ?  How do I find out what is running or using
that port as TCPCON is very limited in this regard.  Once I know this I
can reconfigure it or unload so it runs on a different port.

Cheers,

0
bigbird
5/2/2007 6:31:12 AM
Bigbird,
> How do I find out what is running or using
> that port as TCPCON is very limited in this regard.

I know of no way, sorry.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2600

0
Anders
5/2/2007 9:48:05 AM
bigbird wrote:

>will give the server a restart as soon as some of the users leave for the
>day.

did you restart after fixing the certificate errors that pkidiag found?

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp

NetWare to NetWare file copy problem
Hello All, We are trying to copy files from a Netware 6.5 server (SP6) to a newer NetWare 6.5 (SP7) server. We are copying an entire volume, VOL1. The source server has a 33GB volume with about 4GB of free space. When we start the copy the disk space on the source server drops and eventually the copy stops when space on the source server runs out. The destination servers volume is 200GB, so I have no idea why the source server is running out of space. We are doing the copy from a Windows XP PC, and to me it looks like the Netware server is doing some type of caching but not ...

Netware 6x Benchmarking Tools
Hello, I am currently evaluating a couple of servers, running Netware 6.5. Does anyone know of a good bencmarking tool I could use to test these servers (preferably free!) Many thanks Andy Stokoe Manchester Metropolitan University UK Netbench? http://www.etestinglabs.com/benchmarks/netbench/default.asp -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Apache / Netware 6.5 Problems (?)
I am reposting this message - I thought I posted it yesterday; however, I haven't seen it. If it is a duplicate I apologize - Thanks. I am running Netware 6.5 sp3 with Apache 2.0.52. I installed the default configuration and have two instances running. I tried to use the Web Manager to configure apache but couldn't figure out which instance I was configuring. I manually edited the httpd.conf in the apache2 directory just to include my ip address on the listening ports and add my email address for notification. So, whether I enter the IP address or the server name, I g...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Netware Admin GroupWise view problem
Ok, I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how to even ask my question, so I'm apologizing from the start but here it goes. When I am in NetAdmin in the GroupWise view window, I used to be able to begin to type a user's name and it would highlight each name as I typed more letters. For instance, if I typed my ID, I'd type "e" and it would move and highlight the name at the start of the E's. Then I'd type "et" and it would highlight the start of the users who begin with "et". I'd type "etr" and it would h...

WEB Access Netware 6 Tomcat33 Apache Problems
Groupwise 6 SP2 on Netware 6 sp2 server MTA POA GWIA Apache and Tomcat all on same server Apache runs on IP address = 172.16.201.1 which is the principal IP Port other secondary IP addresses run other services like iPrint and iFolder. Installed WEBAccess from software distribution directory selected Apache and Tomcat as web server and application server. Replace default web page and no SSL WAS SELECTED during the install STRTWEB.NCF the GroupWise Agent loads and appears to be running, however, I do see user login failues when it loads - but I have seen this on other web...

apache 2 problem on Netware 6.5 server
I have a 2nd server with the apache 2 installed with tomcat. I can access the server admin page using port 8008 only. Port 8009 fails along with port 80 and 443. I can pkidiag on this server and fixed the ssl problem I was having, but the port 8009 and 80 / 443 do not work. On this server I uninstalled / reinstalled apache and tomcat and still have the same problem. Any idea where I can look to resolve this issue? Thanks is this the same as the first one you posted? if so, only post once. if not, let's keep it in the other thread too. -- Cheers! ...

Netware Admin
Im running xp and i have the netware client software installed for my college class. I copied the win32 file from my class server to use netware admin32 and when i double click on it the logo for the admin pops up and just hangs there. The mouse shows like its still loading and the processes show the cpu working at a max rate. Any help would be great so that i can do my assignments from home instead of the lab. Thanks! Do you have a NetWare server to connect to? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware (apache)
Can two servers under the same tree both run Apache? Why not? All my NetWare servers run Apache. Always. rjohnson@toto.net wrote: > Can two servers under the same tree both run Apache? Thanks!! > Why not? All my NetWare servers run Apache. Always. > > rjohnson@toto.net wrote: > > Can two servers under the same tree both run Apache? ...

Netware problems?
Happy Holidays to all, Hope mine will be too, but I have recently been having a problem with replication it crashes at certain times and the following errors are usually logged into the Application Event log in Event Viewer as 3 separate events. Unable to locate the open procedure "NwPfOpenODIPerformanceData" in DLL "Nwpfctrs.dll" for the "OdiLoad" service. Performance data for this service will not be available. Error Status is data DWORD 0. Unable to locate the collect procedure "NwPfCollectODIPerformanceData" in DLL "Nwpfctrs.dll&qu...

Netware to Netware migration or P2V?
Im in the process of virtualizing all our servers to VMWare ESX 3.5. We have a server that is NW 6.5 SP7, runs ZENWorks 7 and holds all of our application files as well as images. Im trying to figure out the best way to virtual this server. Usually its a pretty straight forward process, but Id like to downsize the VOL1 volume so its not taking up so much space on our SAN. VOL1 is 890GB total, but only has 230GB used. Id rather not "waste" that space on the SAN untils its truly needed. Im curious how everyone would approach this: would you do the P2V and somehow shrin...

Web resources about - apache for netware problems - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Apple is working on an iOS app for troubleshooting device problems
... with knowledge of goings-on at Apple’s Infinite Loop HQ,” the in-development application asks customers “basic questions to boil down the problem” ...

Sleeping in on weekends linked to health problems
... morning snoozes (however glorious they may be). Sleeping late on days-off—and other sleep-time adjustments—are linked to metabolic problems ...

E. Coli Isn't Chipotle's Only Problem
Brand perception was way down even before the latest outbreak.

Daniel Radcliffe struggled with a drinking problem for years after 'Harry Potter,' then got sober
... as has been recorded.” The drinking, he said, stemmed from trying to seem normal when he was going out in public. He realized he had a problem ...

Apple admitted there's a problem with the iPad Pro
... The launch of the iPad Pro hasn't been smooth. In addition to the issue of iPad Pros crashing when being charged, there has also been a problem ...

8 more years of leap-second problems loom; governments punt decision to 2023
Tick. Tick. Tick. Clang! That was the sound of an intergovernmental conference kicking the leap-second can down the road. Sysadmins will be dealing ...

A Pro-Woman Response To The Problem Of Self-Induced Abortions
Self-induced abortion is a problem worth addressing. It should not be used as a pawn by the abortion industry.

10 Simple Techs to Tackle World Problems
Each year, the Tech Museum of Innovation recognizes innovators who are employing technology to solve the world's most pressing problems.