Admin user disabled??

I have a test tree that I am working with and an OES2 sp3 server on sles
10 sp4.  I have been working fine with this for quite some time, and now
when I try to log in to imanager I get the following error:

(Error -220) An attempt was made by a station to log in using an
account that has expired or has been disabled by the Supervisor

I never did anything to the admin user, and of course there is no other
user with admin rights.  I am really stuck here!

Phil Goldwasser
BTDS LAN Group
FDNY

--
pgold

pgold

> OES2 sp3 server
You've posted in a NetWare forum. You probably want the eDirectory on
Linux forum, I'd say.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453674

0
ataubman
3/20/2012 9:56:02 PM
pgold;2183693 Wrote:
> I have a test tree that I am working with and an OES2 sp3 server on sles
> 10 sp4.  I have been working fine with this for quite some time, and now
> when I try to log in to imanager I get the following error:
>
> (Error -220) An attempt was made by a station to log in using an
> account that has expired or has been disabled by the Supervisor
>
> I never did anything to the admin user, and of course there is no other
> user with admin rights.  I am really stuck here!
>
> Phil Goldwasser
> BTDS LAN Group
> FDNY

Have you tried using the servername admin account - ie
"SERVERNAMEadmin" or SLES10servername+admin (GreatDaneadmin)?

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453674

0
leroyjjr

Disable user logins but allow admin or admin equivalent specific account 2 login
Hi, i would like to know if there is a way that i can prevent our users from logging in and attempting to modify files as we are trying to copying data accross to another location and try keeing all data synced the same. We are in the process of migrating all our data from our netware server to our SAN. We would like to disable logins so that no user can modify the data, but we would like to have the ability to allow a admin/or admin equivalent account to login to run a copy command from a PC. We are using the best method we can think of in our environment is to use Robocopy...

Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins
Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins By default, admin user is created in o=novell container. If we want to create multiple admin users and delegated admin users in which container we should create ? I am asking this question because, as per documentation the following will not be backed up. - Admin user account and password - Delegated administrator accounts, their passwords, or rights - Role Based Services (RBS) configuration - Modified configuration files on the devices such as the web.xml file - Local files installed on devices such as touch files or log...

user app admin and provisioning admin
--____AOMMRISQTAQDYQIXYVMB____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 12 Jan 2012 00:46:00 -0700" Q2FuIHRoZSB1c2VyIGFwcCBhZG1pbiBhbmQgcHJvdmlzaW9uaW5nIGFkbWluIGJlIHRoZSBzYW1l Pw0KDQpBbA== --____AOMMRISQTAQDYQIXYVMB____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____BUUZCXRFHCIYLUVDKGKN____" --____BUUZCXRFHCIYLUVDKGKN____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 12 Jan 2012 00:4...

Admin Rights For Non Admin User
Hi all  I'm looking for information to help solve the following problem :  I have a web app which allows non admin users the ability to reset passwords via LDAP. The users are all part of a single group who are the only people allowed access to the page using user.isinrole However none of them have the admin rights required to use the user.invoke("setpassword") function I was going to get our network admins to set me up with a specific user and password for this functionality but I have been led to believe that it's possible to do by running the web app under...

How do I stop Windows Admin user group from automatically adding users with admin priveleges?
Currently, whenever a user that has admin priveleges on Windows visits our intranet, DNN automatically adds those users with admin priveleges also. The auto assignment flag is set to false but its disabled so that I can't change it either way. How do I stop this from automatically happening? Also, how do you change the SuperUser Account password?  I tried changing it throught the Host..>superuser menu but it never really changes.   Thanks, Joe.   Sorry, but I am not able to answer your first question Joe, but in reference to the second question - under the supe...

Problem in determining whether a user (who has logged onto MPS) is a Domain Admin, Customer, Customer Admin, or Reseller Admin
Hi Guys, I know there are similar questions to this but I think I have a slightly different problem. The problem is machine or server specific and relates to the login.  When a machine has the problem no other users other than an Domain Admin can log into the MPS system (our version of sample web).  For example our development machines have no problem (although one did before a rebuild) but our main production server will not allow users to login in only domain admins.  I deployed the MPS system to another server and it worked fine.  The problem is around the get user c...

Problem in determining whether a user (who has logged onto MPS) is a Domain Admin, Customer, Customer Admin, or Reseller Admin (c# type questions)
I am customizing the MPS system to perform more specific provision functions. Along the path of development, I have found a strange problem. I will be as clear as possible with this in that it includes several methods within the codebehind aspect of MPS. Here goes!When a user first goes to the MPS provisioning website, they are presented with a basic authentication type logon. Here is the codebehind from the Global.asax.cs file that handles the user credentials and sets the user type:protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)        {&nbs...

ZAProBeta - non admin/admin user
WINXP I have noticed that if I boot my system and log in as a non priv user vsmon can be running under the SYSTEM account - which it should be as a service. (To get it to run reliable under the SYSTEM account wait at least 30 seconds after the login CTRL-ALT-DEL box is placed on the screen). If I now log out and log back in as an administrative user - vsmon is still running as it should be. If I log out and log back in as my original non priv user vsmon is now running as the logged on user - which it shouldn't be. Can anyone else confirm this happens for them - please stat...

Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights
Hi, How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS. I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO error, permission denied". Thank you. Zavi, > Hi, > > How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 > OS. Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned. > I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes thro...

Delete admin User / Change admin password
Hey, Is it possible to change the password for admin or delete admin and make anonther admin user?? > Is it possible to change the password for admin or delete admin and > make anonther admin user?? Yes, but PLEASE make another user a supervisor of the root (inheritable) prior to deleting the admin user. Many people rename the admin as well. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I have the body of a god, unfortunately it's Buddah" - T-shirt quote On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 02:41:51 +0000, jwt.fsd wrote: > Is it possible to change the p...

Does Provisioning admin user get admin rights
Hi, I have assigned user as provisioning admin in User app and using that user i am invoking the workflow from soap UI and creating a user in the eDir,when i check the user creatorName attribute in eDir, it shows as cn=admin,o=services. Does provisioning admin user had admin rights, i want that the users creatorName attribute to be the provisioning admin user with which i am invoking the work flow. how can i do this? Thanks. -- syadav_31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 09/27/2010 02:06 PM, syadav 31 wrote: > > Hi,...

Problem in determining whether a user (who has logged onto MPS) is a Domain Admin, Customer, Customer Admin, or Reseller Admin (c# type questions) #2
I am customizing the MPS system to perform more specific provision functions. Along the path of development, I have found a strange problem. I will be as clear as possible with this in that it includes several methods within the codebehind aspect of MPS. Here goes!When a user first goes to the MPS provisioning website, they are presented with a basic authentication type logon. Here is the codebehind from the Global.asax.cs file that handles the user credentials and sets the user type:protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)        {&nbs...

Admin/admin equiv- who has??
Morning, I am attempting to get a handle on the numerous accounts in our eDir environment that have been assigned "admin/admin equiv" rights, not just for eDir but also for numerous file locations. Is there a simple/thorough way to produce: a list of accounts with these rights, that would include where they have these permissions. I am able to see what I think is pretty much all of them through Console1, but I require as much detail as I can possible get to move forward with shrinking this number...I have looked through the cool tools and places, but did not come across a...

Web resources about - Admin user disabled?? - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Disabled sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Disabled sports also adaptive sports or parasports , are sports played by persons with a disability , including physical and intellectual disabilities ...

Facebook Disabled Website At HQ, Prompting Employees To Use Mobile
Facebook has been big on dogfooding its employees , and it appears the latest round came when the company shut off its website internally, forcing ...

Viral Channels: Email to be Disabled by Default with Profile Redesign
In a recent note to developers, Facebook announced that because app emails have been so spammy, user emails will be turned off by default when ...

American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. A well-deserved addition to DC's Memorials.

How Jailbreaking can improve the lives of the disabled - YouTube
In this video, RMalayeri interviews the developer behind famed Jailbreak app WiFiSMS. The interview showcases how @treasosn's app has served ...

Rheumatoid arthritis: ‘It can be extremely destructive. If left untreated people can be completely disabled’ ...
Early treatment of the condition is crucial as if left undiagnosed, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to disability and deformity, doctors say.

Disabled cop Ryan Marron reaches out to help fellow officers
Ryan Marron, the WA police officer left disabled by a mosquito bite, has launched a campaign to help all his fellow officers injured in the line ...

Acts of kindness aren't enough: disabled people need acts of leadership
Let's make 2015 a year when advocacy is met with tangible changes in planning and access for people with disabilities, so we can all ride together. ...

Man charged over alleged assault of disabled woman on Sydney bus
A man has been charged over the alleged assault of a disabled woman in Green Valley in Sydney's west.

Islamic State Issues Fatwa Against Children with Down Syndrome, Murders 38 Disabled Infants
The Islamic State has reportedly issued a fatwa ordering the elimination of children with Down syndrome and other congenital disabilities.