Access to file system from java application

Hi, I try to create java app, that could show the file system tree
through user access level. For example user 1 only can read files in
folder "One", but user 2 can read and write files in folders "One" and
"Two". How can I get the access level for current user and  illustrated
this access difference in my app? I read about JNDI and NJBC but not
found nothing about my question. Maybe I searching in wrong way? Sorry
for bad English and hope that you help me

--
ashirogi

ashirogi

Ashirogi,
> Hi, I try to create java app, that could show the file system tree
> through user access level. For example user 1 only can read files in
> folder "One", but user 2 can read and write files in folders "One" and
> "Two". How can I get the access level for current user and  illustrated
> this access difference in my app? I read about JNDI and NJBC but not
> found nothing about my question. Maybe I searching in wrong way? Sorry
> for bad English and hope that you help me

Well, if you authenticate to the server as that user, then the user will
only see files he or she has access to.

Try these links:
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/articles/dnd19961102.html
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/articles/dnd19960607.html

--
Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
4/8/2012 12:15:14 PM
Ok, but how can I get list of user's available files? I don't found a
function that give me a file's list in JNDI or NJBC guide :(

--
ashirogi
ashirogi's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=125817

0
ashirogi
4/8/2012 12:36:01 PM
There is no such thing like a "list of user's available files" since any
user can have a combination of basic rights like read scan, write,
admin, etc.

You may need to familiarize yourself with the concept of trustees,
explicit and inherited.
Check
http://www.novell.com/documentation/edir88/edir88/data/fbachifb.html

You may also want to share some more info about your project, like if
you're writing an app that runs on top of an (already authenticated)
Novell Client or plan to use some kind of LDAP authentication.

For a general developer intro see also
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/articles/dnd19980104.html

To identify a user's effective rights with NJCL & JNDI, check the
EffectiveRights Class
(http://www.novell.com/developer/documentation/njcl/?page=/developer/documentation/njcl/njcl_enu/data/a232cdf.html)

Good luck

Wolfgang

On 08.04.2012 14:36, ashirogi wrote:

> Ok, but how can I get list of user's available files? I don't found a
> function that give me a file's list in JNDI or NJBC guide :(

0
Wolfgang
4/8/2012 2:07:34 PM
Thanks for reply, I read what you recommend to me, but don't understand
yet how I can combine ldap and njcl or jndi:( Can you give me more
information about this, please

--
ashirogi

ashirogi

Netware File/Application Access
I have a strange problem and the details are as follows. The user has the appropiate right to a location on a files server and when they browse to the location and try to run an application they get access denied however if i create a Zen Published application to the same EXE and assign that application to the user they are able to run the application fine from that. -- stevehxuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ What are that user's exact effective rights to that folder? Can an admin user successfully run apps from it? ...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

NNLS Netstorage access to NetWare file system...
Hi Does NNLS Netstorage REALLY provide access to a NetWare based file system... i.e. if we run NNLS netstorage on a SLES8 server and want to access drives that are held on NW65 cluster resource volumes will it actually work? If so, how? Does the NNLS components have an NCP client, or do we need to enable CIFS access on the NetWare nodes? Basically we want to avoid running apache/tomcat, xtier, etc. on our cluster nodes... Many thanks David Brightman, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and h...

Access to file system with ldap java sdk
Hi, I'm beginner with novell and ldap, so I'm interesting: can I get the access to file system with ldap? I want to create sort of file manager, which can download files to system. I know that exist novell's client which do this but I want do this itself with ldap Java sdk. And where I can found information about this question? -- ashirogi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ashirogi, > Hi, I'm beginner with novell and ldap, so I'm interesting: can I get the > access to file system with ldap? I want to create ...

File Manager Application With Custom File Access
Hello,  Thanks in advance for any tips.   I am building a file management application which will allow file markup/sharing across the internet for all ms office, adobe pdf, photographs and other document formats.  The docs will be marked up with add-in components that are not built yet. I have decided to start with building on a file permissions module.  I understand changing FileAttributes with IO.File.SetAttributes methods(i.e. user sets file to read-only), but that does not address file permission for multiple users.   The application wil...

Open File Utility
Hi All: We have had more than a few occasions when we need to investigate abnormal file open activity on our NetWare 6 Sp3 servers. I have used a utility called WhoHasIt in these past occasions to determine what files are open. I learned of the utility on the support.novell.com website but find that it is not very intuitive or user friendly and also is Shareware. It seems odd to me that the Novell Operating System does not have such capability to locate these files. Or am I just missing something? Thanks, Brad Marchand State of North Carolina Dept. of Juvenile Justice a...

ASE File Access
Hi, I'd like to know if I can use easily the eXtended File System option to store PDF files, or if it better to store them as text or image files. I'll have a EAServer getting this files for the Web. What are the best choices in it? Regards Rui My opinion is that the best choices are, in order: a) Don't store the file in ASE at all, just store a URL to it that the web can use to download the PDF file. b) Use XFS to avoid the overhead of text/image c) Use IMAGE Rui Ribeiro wrote: > > Hi, > > I'd like to know if I can use easily...

protecting file system from direct access to files
I am writing an asp.net website using windows live ID authentication. We will have a lot of pdf, word and excel files whose accessibility will depend on the WLID. How can I ensure that people looking over the shoulder cannot view those files directly? I am guessing 2 ways, but maybe you have more/better: 1. hide the url and give the files random names (I dont know how to hide the url in asp.net) 2. store the files in a non-accessible directory and temporary copy over the file required to an accesible directory with a random file name. The file will be deleted after a preset time ...

!! URGENT - I'm looking for a tool to read Netware File System on Win98
!! URGENT - I'm looking for a tool to read Netware File System on Win98 - PLEASE HELP !! Hi.. like in title.. I had a terrible server crash and I need to copy all the data form Netware partition to another disk.. I have only Win98 system..that's why I need tool to mount dhat partition under Win98 :( please help..!! Please do not crosspost. It violates the forum policy. As far as your current problem, there isn't any tool that can do that (AFAIK). zoltek wrote: > > !! URGENT - I'm looking for a tool to read Netware File System on Win98 - > PL...

Re: ASE File Access
Hi, I think that probably I'll use the XFS in order to ASE make all the management for me of the files. Am I correct? In order to make a get file with XFS, how can I do it, because I trying to search for documentation and I don't get them. Thanks, Rui > "Bret Halford" <bret@sybase.com> wrote in message > news:3D768A4A.BA6067A5@sybase.com... > > My opinion is that the best choices are, in order: > > > > a) Don't store the file in ASE at all, just store a URL to it that the > > web can use to download the PDF file....

Accessing Files from Netware Box without Edirectory Access?
Is there a way to get access to files on a Netware 6.5 box that has been removed from the tree? We had a user who was using the old server to store files and not the new one up until we removed it from the tree and shut it down. Now I have to get back in to the server and get her files. Is there a local admin login or something that I can use to get in to the server now that it doesn't see Edirectory? -- seth_turner_04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ From the console, yes, but not from a workstation. If there's a floppy d...

Problem in accessing the DNN application from one system to another system
I have got the Problem in accessing the DNN application from one system to another system Plz help me...

iOS: Is it possible to access files from windows file system (SMB) ?
Is there a way to connect to a windows-filesystem from a firemonkey mobile APP ? I would like to search/upload/download files from a windows-machine... Thank you in advance ...

How to edit/ delete file-application association in Tools-Options-Applications
How do I delete some file-application association in Tools-Options-Applications list? How do I edit them? Somehow GIF is showing Save File, and jpeg/pjpeg is showing User Irfanview(default). Now these two can be rendered by ff itself so I want ff to open them directly instead of saving or running irfanview. When I try to change it and select UseOther... - Firefox, that setting doesn't stick. Also, I have selected winzip to be Saved. but it is going ahead and saving with the default name without giving me the option to change the name or add some prefix to identify the s...

Web resources about - Access to file system from java application - novell.netware.6x.admin-tools

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...