netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree

Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the
backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and
Primary File Server later on off-hours?

Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b  The
SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x.  Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a
problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers?

It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW
4.2 servers (DS 6.21).

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Mixed Netware 5.0/5.1 to 6.5
Hello All. I've read several past posts regarding upgrading to 6.5. I wanted to get a little more info in that light regarding my situation. I work in a shared IT department for 3 sister companies. Each has a central office, with other satellite offices around the country. In the central offices, we have a mix of Netware 5.1 / 5.0 with varing levels of service packs. We are running NDS versions mostly 7.51, but (1) 7.47 and (1) 7.46. My outer offices are all NW5.0, ds as mentioned above. I want to use the migration wizard to migrate the server to new hardware. I thi...

NetWare 6.5 + NetWare 5.1 in same tree
I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7, can I go straight from SP5 to SP7, or do I need to go from SP6 to SP7, and how will that affect the NW51SP8 node? thanks -- Arjen_Robben ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You should be able to go direct -- the 5.1 SP8 should be ok here. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Arjen_Robben wrote: > > I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch > the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Upgrade from NetWare 5.1 SP8 to NetWare 6.5 SP5
Hello folks, we have one single NetWare 5.1 SP8 server upgraded to NetWare 6.5 SP5 but one error was shown during this procedure. The following box appeared telling us: Windows: SNMP Object Creation Error Contents: An error was encountered while creating the eDirectory SNMP objects. The error returned was -625. Please see the readme for instructions on how to perform this task manually. Couldn't find a suitable readme but I have found a documentation how to create the SNMP group object under NetWare. The command SNMPINST.NLM -c <AdminContext> &l...

Netware 6.5 & Netware 5.1
We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present tree? I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the recommendation, but for various reasons we are not going to upgrade DS. Hi, marmagnac@ochsner.org wrote: > > We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. > Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present > tree? As long as you execute the deployment manager once, no. > I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the > recommendation, but ...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade.
I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to upgrade them to Netware 6.5. I will upgrade one server, then the others will be upgraded in a couple of months. Is it best to upgrade my master replica first so my replica in a mixed environment is a 6.5 server? Or at least make my master replica server whatever server I upgrade to 6.5? If so why? Hi, lanman7777@hotmail.com wrote: > > I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to > upgrade them to Netware 6.5. > I will upgrade one server, then the others will be up...

Web resources about - netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ