NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server

I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly.  We upgraded on our master
NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning.  Unfortunately, one
of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on
Saturday.  We desperately need to get it talking again because of
Groupwise, etc.  I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the
problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of
trying SP8.  Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
0
eberlyd

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote:

>I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly.  We upgraded on our master
>NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning.  Unfortunately, one
>of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on
>Saturday.  We desperately need to get it talking again because of
>Groupwise, etc.  I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the
>problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of
>trying SP8.  Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

It is just timesync that has failed?  Your subject says 'unable to
ping'.  Can you not ping the problem server at all (from other
servers/workstations)?

---------------
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses

"If something is so complicated that you can't
explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not
worth knowing anyway."  Bill Waterson
0
Donald

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

Remove of Netware 5.1 server from Netware 6.5 network fail
Hi, We have a NW-network consisting af several netware 6.5 servers. We have one Netware 5.1 server and it's time has run out! It's only purpose in the last year was beeing a splda. Now slp is moved to another server. I have removed all replicas on the server. When I: Nwconfig->Directory service->Remove... etc. after accepting I really want to do it it, the server starts consuming Cache Buffers and it does it until there is none left. Then it gives me either: "Install more memory". or "-625 nwconfig-5-463" which is at communication failure. ...

Replacing SAN attached NetWare 5.1 server with NetWare 6.5
I currrently have a NetWare 5.1 SP7 server with 0.5TB data connected to a SAN. I wish to replace this server with a new server. Can I leave the data on the SAN, disconnect and shutdown the existing server and install the NetWare 6.5 server connect it to the SAN and have it pick up the existing NSS volumes? Obviously if this were possible I would need to perform a NSS upgrade. Any thoughts? Cheers, Dave Why disconnect it? -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) ...

Migrating DHCP from NetWare 5.1 to Netware 6.5 OES server
Yes...we still have some legacy NetWare 5.1 servers in production. Hard not to admire servers that haven't been rebooted in years :) That said - we're migrating and consolidating these remaining "vintage" NetWare boxes to virtual 6.5 OES servers. Is there a TID or defined procedure for performing this migration? Just one tree. The legacy 5.1 servers are on a subnet (VLAN) that we're abandoning - with the virtual servers being on a new VLAN. With multiple VLANs - we're using a dhcp helper in our core switch configuration - so we'll have to update ...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

Consolidate 2 x Netware v5.1 servers (500gb total) to a single Netware v6.5 server
--____NQOYCJNRIBRQSEARRGXL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 2 Mar 2007 22:23:22 +0900" Looking for suggestions for the best (quickest etc) way to get 500Gb of = data from 2 x Netware v5.1 SP6 servers to a single Netware v6.5 server = (same tree). There are Netware v6.0 SP5 servers in the tree also eDir is at v 8.6.2 or better throughout tree. Each of the Netware v5.1 servers has Arcserve v7 and a LTO tape drive. The Netware v5.1 server volumes are Trad...

Web resources about - NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ