Netware 5.1 server into eDirectory 8.7.1 tree - Best way?

I'm about to configure and install a Netware 5.1 server into an edirectory
8.7.1 tree.  I'm looking for the best way.  This is what I know:

1.  Install Netware 5.1 with SP6 into a separate tree with IPX and IP (we
use both) using an overlay CD
2.  Upgrade NICI (needed for eDirectory upgrade)
3.  Upgrade NDS 8 on the new server with edirectory 8.7.1 and the 8.7.1.1
patch
4.  Take the server out of the temporary tree and put it into the production
8.7.1.1 tree

Is there any better way?  Should I put IP and IPX on the new server in the
temporary tree, or just IPX or just IP?
What happens to things like certificate authority since we already have one
in the production tree and the new server will be coming from a temporary
tree all by itself?
Did I miss anything?

Thanks

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure
by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or regulations.  This
e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee
only .  If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its
attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal
consequences.  If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error,
please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete
the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.  Thank you for your
attention.

0
James

There should be no need to install the server in a temp tree. Use the
NW51SP7 overlay CD and install your server into the production tree
right away. The DS.NLM version in Nw51SP7 can coexist with eDirectory
8.7.x. The temp tree method would have the major issue of loosing all
NDS objects created during server installation it it would be a pain
getting them back.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.1.11)
0

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure
by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or regulations.  This
e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee
only .  If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its
attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal
consequences.  If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error,
please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete
the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.  Thank you for your
attention.

0
James
2/24/2004 10:21:42 PM
James Bala wrote:

> So you're saying that there won't be a problem with the DS by
> installing directly into my 8.7.1 tree?  What version of DS is on the
> SP7 overlay CD?  I presume I would then have to do the eDirectory
> 8.7.1 upgrade on that server anyway once it is in my production tree.
> We don't have SP7 on any of our nw 5.1 servers yet, just SP6.  Could
> I do your method with the NW 5.1 SP6 overlay CD?

SP7 contains DS.NLM 8.85c. Actually, SP6 is also enough for eDirectory
8.7.1 compatibility. See the readme at:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/edir871/readme/nwreadme.txt
Section 1.5

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.1.11)
0
Marcel
2/24/2004 10:35:35 PM
Yes - I did see the readme for eDirectory 8.7.1 and the fact that sp6 is
enough as well.  I just have not actually put a server into our 8.7.1 tree
directly that way and wanted to make sure I didn't create any problems. And
I guess I was overlooking the fact that you could put a server into an
eDirectory tree at a lesser DS version and have it be supported.  We still
have two 4.11 servers in our tree  whose DS and patch level were upgraded in
preparation for our eDirectory 8.7.1 upgrade.   Being able to put the server
directly into the production tree is obviously the shortest route and I will
definitely take advantage of that.  I have a NW 5.1 SP6 overlay CD created.
After I get the server into the tree I should then be able to upgrade it to
eDirectory 8.7.1, etc.  Thanks for your help.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Regards,

Jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain
confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure
by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or regulations.  This
e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee
only .  If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its
attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal
consequences.  If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error,
please contact Independent Health immediately at (716) 631-3001 and delete
the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.  Thank you for your
attention.

0
James

netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree
I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more relevant. I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

iManager 1.5.2 (eDirectory 8.7.1 with patch 8.7.1.2)
I am new to eDirectory and currently experimenting with eDirectory 8.7.1 (with 8.7.1.2 patch) installed on windows 2000 machine (setup as guest operating system in completely isolated environment in virtual server 2005 R2 release). The installation went smooth without any problems. I removed IIS prior from windows 2000 prior to installation of eDirectory and iManager (1.5.2). So the install for iManager installed Apache and Tomcat. I made sure that there is no port conflict for 80 and 443 between Apache and NDS http stack. All installed short cuts (in getting started page etc.) use ip ...

upgrading Netware 5.1 with cluster 1.1 to netwarte 6.5 cluster 1.7
Hi, We are upgrading a 2 node cluster running Netware 5.1 sp 6 with cluster 1.1 to Netware 6.5 cluster 1.7. Halfway throu the process, both Netwareservers upgraded, the clusterupgrade starts, but after checking the 2 servers it claims: "at least 2 servers is needed..." something like this. We are using Overlay CD with Netware 6.5 sp1. The servers can both see the SAN Do you have a suggestion then dont hesitate... Thanks in advance Christian Krabbe Hi, We detached one of the servers and retryed. And viola. (Don't know why we had to detach...) Bye ...

Installing a single 6.5 server into a multiple server 5.1 eDir 8.7.3 tree.
Hello, I want to install a new server to run GroupWise 6.5 webmail, and to take advantage of the integrated Apache/Tomcat features I'd like to install it with Netware 6.5. This server is just going to run webservices and GroupWise, little else. Every other server, including the master replica & cert server are on NetWare 5.1 sp6 edir 8.7.3. Other than upgrading all the servers to edir 8.7.3 & nici 2.4 (which we've already done), is there anything else that needs to be done? I've seen references to upgrading the master replica to 6.5, but is this necessary in ...

Netware 5.1 (nds 8.51) to Netware 6.5 edirectory
I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not edirectory) to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds version and do we need to update the nds first or directly upgrade to netware 6.5 as it is now? , > I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not > edirectory) > to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What > are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds ...

Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree?
Are there any issues with installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree. We are presently on eDir 8.73. You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 servers? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop We are on SP6 but may be moving to SP7 relatively soon. "Barry Schnur" <barry@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1c5079df974821c9896b8@support-forums.novell.com... > You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 > servers? > > -- > Barry Schnur > Novell Volunteer Sysop OK -- SP6 ...

Installing a NetWare 6.5 server into an all 5.1 tree
We are considering installing a NetWare 6.5 server into one of our remote sites. All of our other servers are currently 5.1. I know it is not an issue to put the 6.5 server into our environment, but NetWare Customer Service told me that it is suggested that the master replica be put onto the 6.5 server. We don't want to do that since this is a remote site, and we really don't want to upgrade our existing master replica server at this time. Would we be able to "get away with" installing just a partition replica onto the 6.5 server and maintain the Master Repl...

Netware 5.1 (edir 8.7.3.3) to 5.1 Migration
There is a Netware 5.1 SP8 Server which is to be migrated to a more modern box. The server is in a tree with 2 NW6SP5 (eDir 8.7.3.3) machines. I am going to use a NW51SP8 overlay CD to install the target server and migration wizard 6.5. The source NW5.1 server has eDirectory 8.7.3.3 installed. Should I install the same eDirectory on the target server before migration? The mig. wizard doc tells that one need a "bare" target server before migration. Nevertheless, it seems to be necessary to upgrade the DS to a version not lower than that of the source server. Am I right? E...

Web resources about - Netware 5.1 server into eDirectory 8.7.1 tree - Best way? - novell.netware.5x.install

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. eDirectory ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Town of Richmond Hill - Visitor
Business - Visitor - Text Only - Contact Us Services A To Z Accessibility Arenas Assessment Rolls Birth Registration Budget Building Inspections ...

HTML5
HTML5

Baytown Chamber of Commerce
The Baytown Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization and is owned and operated by local business leaders who work to promote business ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Sitemap - Capitalhead.com
Sitemap for Capitalhead.com - Contractors to the World

Google Apps Migration, Migrate to Google Apps : Cloud Sherpas
We're the Google Apps migration experts and can help you migrate to Google Apps from any on-premise system such as Exchange, Lotus and GroupWise. ...

Course Catalogue
Course Catalogue

Fijilive RSS Feeds - Gateway to Fiji, Fiji News, Fiji eDirectory, Fiji Magic, Fiji Real Estate, Fiji ...
Discover Fijilive with RSS Fijilive is now accessible via RSS. As a Fijilive user you can now access Fijilive services on your desktop with ...