Netware 5.1 install goes to "Temporary:" prompt at command line

During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then,
the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY:

Since the installation does not complete, there is no NDS tree and deleting
"INSTAUTO.NCF in NWSERVER does nothing to solve this problem. This install
is onto a Compaq 580G2.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Keith

0
Keith

Keith wrote:

> During the install of NW51, the install looks to be running as normal. Then,
> the Novell screen splash appears and exits to the command line to TEMPORARY:
>
> Since the installation does not complete, there is no NDS tree and deleting
> "INSTAUTO.NCF in NWSERVER does nothing to solve this problem. This install
> is onto a Compaq 580G2.
>
> Any ideas?

Hrm, I seem to recall a problem with Compaq's & NW 5.x, where you have
to use the Compaq Smart Start or whatever software to install NW... did
this server come with that software?

--
LLL

Light travels faster than sound.
That's why some people appear bright until they speak.
0
LLL

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Firefox 1.5 RC1 "do disc installed" message whilst installing.
Name: Nick Wheatley Email: nick_at_the2nicks.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 1.5 RC1 "do disc installed" message whilst installing. Comments: As per the summary, whilst installing Firefox 1.5 RC1 it twice displayed a "no disc installed" (or something like that) warning message with "try again", "cancel" and "continue" options. I just pressed "continue" and it finished installing. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051025 Firefox/1.5 ...

NetWare 6.5 install; "no storage device detected"
I'm trying to install the NetWare 6.5 eval on a PC I have. It runs through the install, and gives me the "no storage device detected" error, telling me that I need to install a HAM. So I monkey around a bit with the drivers, without any luck. The error message being a bit, uh, vague, I do a little research on the web. My PC has a motherboard with a VIA chipset, which appears to cause problems. I tried installing again in manual mode--same problem. First, any recommendations for getting around (or ruling out) the VIA chipset problem? Second, the server wi...

Hello, I'm trying to install Novell NetWare 6.5. But in nthe middle of the installation it hangs on.. Loading driver... Please wait (blinking) (@ the top of the screen it says.. RTSSRV.LAN) I can't do nothing.. What specific motherboard and embedded network device are you working with? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop If you flip screens, is there user intervention waiting? It's sounds like it's tring to load a Nic driver. Does the driver match your hardware? Use your ALT, ESC keys and toggle to other scree...

BE10.1 New install wont show: "NetWare Services"
Hello all, since our Backup Server crashed and wasn't able to make any more backup, I'm investigating a re-install of the server. There is however one thing I cant find out. When looking at our selection list on the old backup server I found a group called "NetWare Services" where all the NetWare servers we have are shown. If I however reinstall the server there is no list called "NetWare services". See this two screenshots to understand what i'm meaning. http://193.190.56.244/~tvandael/veritas-test.bmp http://193.190.56.244/~tvandael/verita...

Error installing Netware 5.1: line 9 in netware.ils (setvar)
When it tries to mount the Install CD (loading CDINST.NLM) occurs the error: An attempt to mount cd-rom volume nw51 as a NetWare volume failed. Control will be switched to the system console screen, where you may view the error explanation (nwconfig-5-391) and then shows this error: An error ocurred while parsing file "c:\nwinst.tmp\netware.ils", line 9, at or near word or symbol "SetVar". Error description: Syntax Error. (nwconfig-5-232) The line is: SetVar true, 1 In the console, issuing a HELP SETVAR don't work, bu...

Packages to install to use "mkuser" and "passwd" or "pwdadm" commands
Hello everybody, can anyone suggest me what packages do I have to install to use user admin commands stated in Subject? Hope to hear from you soon, Paolo De Nictolis Paolo, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com...

NetWare 6.5 SP3 Upgrades Issues
This seems to be an issue that has not been addressed by Novell! During the upgrade of a server the GUI will hang at "Closing Installation Files". This results is NRM, & iManager not functioning even though the server is upgraded to 6.5. Looks like Novell has skirted around this issue. Obviously if you read the forums this is happening frequently. This has happened to about 7 out of the 10 servers that I have upgraded thus far. Just exactly when is this going to looked into. Are you passing it on to Novell to inform them that this is happening? I currenlty have a...

Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install"
Name: Ari V Email: defygravity79atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" Comments: read / review it for yourself. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 6.5 SP4 install fails with "Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume NW65OS" error !
I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. The volume label of the CD is NW65OS. During install, I get the following error when it tries to mount the CD- ROM: Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume "NW65OS". Some possible reasons are... Correct the problem if possible. (nwconfig-6-391) I've tried the jumper settings and changed many cdroms, to no avail. Anyone has the solution or the work-around ??!!! Thanks a lot !! boot from CD-ROM and install that way. > > I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. > The volume label of the CD is...

Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" #2
Name: Ari V Email: defygravity79atyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Installation Guide is weak. Has a "no Worry FYI" but not "how to install" Comments: read / review it for yourself: Installing Thunderbird 2 Please note that installing Thunderbird 2 will overwrite your existing installation of Thunderbird. You won't lose any of your mail, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071204 Ubuntu/7.10 (...

"Mounting CD...", "File "NW65OS:\SYS" not found" while installing OES NW6.5
Gentlemen, OES Netware 6.5 SP4 Hardware: DELL PowerEdge 1850 We recently acquired two new DELL PowerEdge 1850 servers. I have been trying to install OES-Netware in them but I keep on encountering the same errors: During the installation after the creation of the SYS volume, I select "Continue with Installation" and press Enter. At that point I get the following message: Mounting CD... After a while I get a message with a pink background: File "NW650S:\SYS" not found (plus some suggestions on how to fix this) After burning another copy of OES-NW...

Web resources about - Netware 5.1 install goes to "Temporary:" prompt at command line - novell.netware.5x.install