netware 5.0 to netware 5.1

1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1?
2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I
retreive it from the server?
I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my
client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh
copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm
looking to move to netware 5.1

Thanks

Eric

--
xd5916

xd5916

IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact
Novell and see what they can do?
Ho many users are you talking?

--
It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world.

0
magic31

xd5916 wrote:

> 1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1?

Yes.

> 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I
> retreive it from the server?

No. Your best bet is to contact Novell directly for a replacement.

However, why do you want to reinstall everything?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
xd5916 wrote:

> So what I tried is to install a fresh
> copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success.

If push-comes-to-shove, people in the past have "some" success use Ghost
(or similar) to image the server into a VM ...

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!
Peter;1902729 Wrote:
> If push-comes-to-shove, people in the past have "some" success use
> Ghost
> (or similar) to image the server into a VM ...

Imaging using Portlock would be the winner hands down...

--
It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world.
magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395265

0
magic31
12/10/2009 6:16:02 AM
magic31;1902749 Wrote:
> Imaging using Portlock would be the winner hands down...

OK Wow,

I'm impress about the fast respond I got from you. In fact we have a
old Netware 5.0 and like many others my physical server is going to be
very old.

So what I tried was to move this server to a vmware. I installed with
success a server Netware 5.0 in ESX4.0 and tried to migrate my advance
database to it with succes again.
But
My new server is not licenced, I can't reassign the licence, I dont
know why!
If I use portlock it will cost me 495$, my boss is not welling to pay
that because we remove netware 5.0

I also have no idea of where is the licence disk!

So I'm stuck there!

Thanks

Eric

--
xd5916
xd5916's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=73060
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395265

0
xd5916
12/15/2009 3:56:05 PM
xd5916;1905090 Wrote:
> ..My new server is not licenced, I can't reassign the licence, I dont
> know why!
> If I use portlock it will cost me 495$, my boss is not welling to pay
> that because we remove netware 5.0
Well, then maybe this could be a way to do it:
'NetWare Physical to Virtual (P2V) Conversion Process With Free Tools |
Novell User Communities'
(http://www.novell.com/communities/node/9078/netware-physical-virtual-p2v-conversion-process-free-tools)

'SandBar Solutions, LLC: Netware P2V Migration to VMWare ESXi With
Clonezilla | Facebook'
(http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=108144873147)

Basically you'll be using the free CloneZilla to make a block copy of
your original server to a vm disk. You'll find similar posts (also using
other free tools) searching Google. Not a way I'd recommend if you have
other options.. but there you have it.

Have you tried searching the data volumes for *.nfl & *.nfk licenses?
Maybe your boss is a lucky guy and someone copied the license files to
the network.

Cheers,
Willem

--
It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world.
magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395265

0
magic31
12/15/2009 4:56:02 PM
magic31;1905134 Wrote:
> ...Have you tried searching the data volumes for *.nfl & *.nfk
> licenses?..
sorry, that *.nlf & *.nfk.

If Novell can't help you out here... maybe buying a cheep second hand
kit is a way to go?

Cheers,
Willem

--
It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world.
magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395265

0
magic31

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Web resources about - netware 5.0 to netware 5.1 - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ