netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree

I posted this in the NETWARE 6 forum also, but posting it here may be more
relevant.  I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to
merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running
edirectory 8.7.1.  From what I read on the site about mergin with
edirectory 8.7.1, both the target tree and the source tree must have the
same edirectory version.   BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later
netware server and I do not have that.  Is there a way for me to merge the
netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first
upgrade the server OS (which is out of the question since the school will
be closing after next school year). The relevant information about the
netware 5.0 server is DS=8.6, SP=6.0.  I am wanting to move everything,
but it is a realitively small school (less than 200 users and 120
computers) with only three NDPS printers so setting all that up after the
move would not be real difficult I do not believe.   Thanks, David

0
davidnovell

No, you cannot merge trees where the Masters of Root are on different OS
and/or major DS versions. What you can do is remove DS off the 5.0 server,
and insert it into the 6.0 tree as if it were a new server. Of course you
lose all objects in the old 5.0 tree though.

If you go ahead with that, I'd install the latest version of eDir possible
on 5.0, which is 8.5.1 (your "8.6" is presumably 8.61 or something like
that).

It seems you have nw50sp6a applied already. With NW50SP6a you must also
install: os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client
file caching enabled=Off. Some of these files are no longer on Novell's
support site (as NW 5.0 is no longer supported) and you will have to do a
general web search for them.

Then you can apply edir851.exe to update to eDir, and then the current patch
for that version edir8530.exe . Then you are ready to insert it into the NW6
tree.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Netware 6.5 Server in a Netware 6.0 Tree
Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to begin using it as a resource in that tree?" Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server as it stands? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:04:25 GMT, tomm@juice4u.com wrote: >Created a Netware OES server and placed in a predominantly 6.0 Tree with >appropriate 6.0 user licenses. My question is "what do I need to do to >begin using it as a resource in that tree?" > >Will all users be able to access the 6.5 server a...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Adding NetWare 6.5 servers to NetWare 6.0 tree
I have two NetWare servers in one tree, one with SP5 and the other with SP3. I would like to add two NetWare 6.5 servers to this existing tree and then I will be clustering the two NetWare 6.5 servers. Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should be aware of? Thanks! , > Are there any concerns, preresequites, or ramifications that I should > be aware of? > Run the deployment wizard from the SP6 Overlay CD. It will tell you what needs to be done. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Netware 5.1 (nds 8.51) to Netware 6.5 edirectory
I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not edirectory) to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds version and do we need to update the nds first or directly upgrade to netware 6.5 as it is now? , > I am planning to upgrade novell netware 5.1 with sp6 and nds 8.51 (not > edirectory) > to Netware 6.5. I have 20 servers all with the same version/level. What > are the best way to achieve this? I am having few concerns about the nds ...

Netware 5.1 server into eDirectory 8.7.1 tree
I'm about to configure and install a Netware 5.1 server into an edirectory 8.7.1 tree. I'm looking for the best way. This is what I know: 1. Install Netware 5.1 with SP6 into a separate tree with IPX and IP (we use both) using an overlay CD 2. Upgrade NICI (needed for eDirectory upgrade) 3. Upgrade NDS 8 on the new server with edirectory 8.7.1 and the 8.7.1.1 patch 4. Take the server out of the temporary tree and put it into the production 8.7.1.1 tree Is there any better way? Should I put IP and IPX on the new server in the temporary tree, or just IPX or just IP? ...

Web resources about - netware 5.0 server into netware 6 edirectory 8.7.1 tree - novell.netware.5x.install

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. eDirectory ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Town of Richmond Hill - Visitor
Business - Visitor - Text Only - Contact Us Services A To Z Accessibility Arenas Assessment Rolls Birth Registration Budget Building Inspections ...

HTML5
HTML5

Baytown Chamber of Commerce
The Baytown Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization and is owned and operated by local business leaders who work to promote business ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Sitemap - Capitalhead.com
Sitemap for Capitalhead.com - Contractors to the World

Google Apps Migration, Migrate to Google Apps : Cloud Sherpas
We're the Google Apps migration experts and can help you migrate to Google Apps from any on-premise system such as Exchange, Lotus and GroupWise. ...

Course Catalogue
Course Catalogue

Fijilive RSS Feeds - Gateway to Fiji, Fiji News, Fiji eDirectory, Fiji Magic, Fiji Real Estate, Fiji ...
Discover Fijilive with RSS Fijilive is now accessible via RSS. As a Fijilive user you can now access Fijilive services on your desktop with ...