Netware 5 to Netware 5.1

I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a
spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1?

Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I
can download?
0
nh

,
> Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I
> can download?

Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you
have less than 50 users.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
5/24/2006 2:18:09 PM
All versions of NetWare need to be purchased ...

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

The following ISO mages are available:

NW 5.1 + SP8 (various languages, use the Overlay ISO Images, not one of
the first 2 files):
http://support.novell.com/tools/csp/csp12_nw51downloads.html

NW 6.0 + SP5:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969168.htm

NW 6.5 + SP5 (you will need the 2 ISO images):
http://support.novell.com/tools/csp/csp14_nw65downloads.html

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.3)
0

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Netware 5.1 and Netware 6.5 together
Hello, I have 8 Netware 5.1 servers. I like to install two Netware 6.5 servers into my Netware 5.1 tree. Will that cause any problems? How will eDirectory know if the client access uses the Netware 5.1 liceence or the Netware 6.5 license? Any suggestion is really appreciated. Thanks, calvin > I have 8 Netware 5.1 servers. I like to install two Netware 6.5 servers into > my Netware 5.1 tree. Will that cause any problems? The biggest thing to look at is what version of eDirectory you have on the 5.1 machines. What version(s) do you have? > ...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Netware 6.5 & Netware 5.1
We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present tree? I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the recommendation, but for various reasons we are not going to upgrade DS. Hi, marmagnac@ochsner.org wrote: > > We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. > Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present > tree? As long as you execute the deployment manager once, no. > I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the > recommendation, but ...

Web resources about - Netware 5 to Netware 5.1 - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ