Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1

Dear sirs,

I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a
Netware
4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1.

This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already
on
netware 5.1.

Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade?
If so,
Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA?
What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1?
After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1?

Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track.

Thanks in advance

Ger van de Kolk

0
ger

I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a couple of years ago, make sure that
you can
replace the SAA nlms incase they are overwritten and then off you go.
The nice
part about SAA4.0 is that all the config is in DS and therefore the
update is
easy.

Tim

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:56:33 GMT, ger@euronet.nl wrote:

>Dear sirs,
>
>I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a
Netware
>4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1.
>
>This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already
on
>netware 5.1.
>
>Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade?
>If so,
>Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA?
>What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1?
>After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1?
>
>Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Ger van de Kolk

No Direct e-Mail Please!
--
****************
Tim Heywood

In theory, practice and theory are the same,
In practice they are different!

0
Tim
11/5/2003 9:14:41 PM
I'm afraid that NWSAA 4.0 is no longer a supported product, and I
don't
know if there is anyone in this group which can help you here.
However you might find some hints on using NWSAA4 with NW 5.1 in the
archives
of the NWSAA support newsgroup on Google:
http://groups.google.com/groups?group=novell.support.host-connectivity.nw-for-saa

You might also ask in the novell.support.discontinued.other-products
newsgroup
for help.

--
 Marcel Cox
 Using VA 5.51 build 315

0
Marcel

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

NetWare 4.1 Upgrade To NetWare 4.2
We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be downloaded and installed? John G. jagaman@adelphia.net The reason for the upgrade was so we could use Backup Exec 9 John A. Goodrich wrote: > We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to > upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be > downloaded and installed? > > John G. > > jagaman@adelphia.net > You need to purchase Netware 4.2 with the appro...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Installing one Netware 4.2 in a Netware 5.1 enviroment
We have to install a Netware 4.2 server in a Netware 5.1 SP6 enviroment with NDS Version 85.30 (Twenty 5.1 Servers). We also so have three Netware 6 servers with eDir 8.6.2 Can we do this? If so what patches and problems should we expect? BM Yes, you can do this. Apply SP9 after installing 4.2, then the latest DS update, v6.21. You can get them here: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nw4sp9.exe http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ds621.exe Look for other patches you might want/need here: http://support.novell.com/filef...

Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 how?????
Hello I need help on how to upgrade Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 I installed Netware 4.1 on a single network server with 5 workstations back in 1995. Since then I have only had to upgrade some patches to correct for y2k. The server has been running great, but now the servers hardware is giving troulbe. Thank You Tom How many users? With <30 or so, I would just do a new install. You need a fairly differently configured box to do 6.5 -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com You can also try checking out the "Netware Migration Wizard" at ...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware 5.1 to 6.0 upgrade with zen 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this scenario? We have 3 Netware 5.1 sp6 one with zenworks 3.0. We are going to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.0sp5 and zen 4.0. What should be done first....netware or zen upgrade? Any input on the sp's of either? Do all servers have to be at the same netware version? IE. can I upgrade just the zen server to netware 6.0 and leave the master at 5.1? Any guidance would be great! Thanks, Alex Miller On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:58:34 +0000, Alex Miller wrote: > What should be done first....netware or ze...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Upgrade netware 5.1 to netware 6.0
Does netware 6.0 works with no problems with: - Zenworks 3.0 - Bordermanager 3.6 - NIMS 2.6 - Groupwise 6.0 Now we have a netware 5.1 server with all this netware products, and we have also netware 6.0, but not installed, can we upgrade the server directelly to netware 6.0? Or you advise make the upgrade of all this products to the last version? Obrigado, Thank�s Paulo J. Sousa Obrigado, I'm not sure about NIMS, but the rest of the product versions listed should work well with NW 6.0, so you don't have to upgrade them before upgrading to NW 6....

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

Web resources about - Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1 - novell.netware.5x.install

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ