Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment

We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5
We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running
under netware 5.
We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered
using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers.

What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5
in our current environment, should I install the
new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how
will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers.
Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting
5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5
Servers.
Thankyou and best regards for advice on this.

0
phil

Upgrade to SP 6a (for 5.0) first.
--
Dave Lunn
NSC SysOp

0
Dave

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing OES 6.5 server in existing NetWare 6 environment
I have got a NetWare 6 environment for which the details are given below. Two servers with: NetWare 6 SP 5 eDirectory 8.7.3 SMP NDS 10550.98 Authentication server is holding master replica and secondary server holding Read/Write replica. Authentication server is also running GroupWise 6 PO, DOM and GWIA. Can I install third server in the existing tree as OES NetWare 6.5 which will act as file server, keeping the existing master replica as it is? What is the best way to have third server with OES NetWare 6.5 in the existing tree? Which changes (for example upgrading eD...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

NetWare 6.5 SP8 co-exist with NetWare 6.5 SP7 servers?
I really don't want to install SP8 on the NetWare server as I am working on moving Netware to OES Linux. However, I need to upgrade to GroupWise 8 soon so plan to upgrade to GroupWise 8 on NetWare server which requires NW6.5SP8. All other 10 NetWare servers are on version 6.5 SP7 and I only intend to upgrade one server to NetWare 6.5 SP8. Does anyone see issue with that? I assume eDirectory does not chance with the installation of SP8. I am running eDirectory v 8.7.3.0. Regards Andy -- andyj2009 -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing a Netware 6.5 server into existing NW 5.1 tree
Any "gotchas" to this or is it just like adding a server to an existing Tree? Can be done. I recommend the following as minimums: 1 - NW5.1sp8 with post sp8 patches 2 - eDir upgraded to 8.7.3.x 3 - Use the NW65sp4a overlay CDs at a minimum 4 - run NWDeploy from the NW65OS CD to prepare the tree for the first NW65 server -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop "I want to live like there is no tomorrow I want to dance like no one's around I want to sing like nobody's listening I want to give like I have plenty I want to love like I'm not a...

Web resources about - Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment - novell.netware.5x.install

Environment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hopes fade of tougher air pollution standards at meeting of environment ministers
Standards for air pollution particles linked to lung cancer and restricted lung growth could be set at levels beyond those recommended by the ...

Canada's environment minister worried about rights of indigenous peoples
The Daily Courier (subscription) Canada's environment minister worried about rights of indigenous peoples The Daily Courier (subscription) ...

The challenges of endpoint management in a hybrid environment
As the IT world is changing it's not uncommon for companies to be using a mix of cloud and on-premise solutions. These hybrid environments offer ...

Riverbed Survey: App Performance a Challenge in Hybrid IT Environments
Cloud computing brings its share of benefits and complexities, driving the need for greater visibility into app performance for executives and ...

Paris, The Environment, And Economic Growth
Ted Loch-Temzelides The Paris climate summit has attracted a fair amount of anticipation, and has captured the public’s imagination in many ways. ...

“We’re living in an age when humans have modified just about all aspects of our environment, deliber
“We’re living in an age when humans have modified just about all aspects of our environment, deliberately or accidentally,” said developmental ...

Zillow, Expedia co-founder Rich Barton on the importance of a healthy work environment
Find a big pond to go fishing in and find really talented people to fish with. That was one piece of advice from Rich Barton, the co-founder ...

New SIDS Study Reveals That There’s More To It Than Just The Baby’s Sleeping Environment
A new SIDS study reveals that there’s more to the poorly-understood phenomenon than just the baby’s sleep environment, The Philadelphia Inquirer ...