installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.

Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5
We intend to install two new cluster servers running
the latest version so would like to install two 6.5
Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster.

Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing
Netware 5.0 network.

Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware
5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0.
We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask
of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0.
Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0
Regards.

0
phil

>Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network.

No. As a bare minimum you have to install NW50SP6a.exe on all servers; With
NW50SP6a you must also install: os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe,
ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. Some of these files are
no longer on Novell's support site (as NW 5.0 is no longer supported) and
you will have to do a general web search for them.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Install NetWare 6.5 server into 5.1 tree?
Are there any issues with installing a new NetWare 6.5 server into a NetWare 5.1 tree. We are presently on eDir 8.73. You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 servers? -- Barry Schnur Novell Volunteer Sysop We are on SP6 but may be moving to SP7 relatively soon. "Barry Schnur" <barry@home.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1c5079df974821c9896b8@support-forums.novell.com... > You should be ok here -- what Service Pack is deployed on the 5.1 > servers? > > -- > Barry Schnur > Novell Volunteer Sysop OK -- SP6 ...

Migrating Netware 6.5 servers into a Netware 5 tree
We are currently running 4 Netware 5.0 servers with DS 7.58 installed. We want to migrate these servers over to newer servers that have Netware 6.5 freshly installed. We were wanting to do this one server at a time. What do we need to do to our existing tree in order to bring our Netware 6.5 servers over into the tree? Download the NW65sp1a overlay ISO and burn it to a cd (There are several CDs in the SP1a set). Run NWDeploy.exe from the root of the OS CD. THis will prepare the tree for your first NW6.5 server. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts...

Installing a NetWare 6.5 server into an all 5.1 tree
We are considering installing a NetWare 6.5 server into one of our remote sites. All of our other servers are currently 5.1. I know it is not an issue to put the 6.5 server into our environment, but NetWare Customer Service told me that it is suggested that the master replica be put onto the 6.5 server. We don't want to do that since this is a remote site, and we really don't want to upgrade our existing master replica server at this time. Would we be able to "get away with" installing just a partition replica onto the 6.5 server and maintain the Master Repl...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Web resources about - installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree. - novell.netware.5x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper