Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2

We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4.
Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running
the original 1.0 cluster services.

We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server
Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting
Netware5 Servers?

I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5
Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this
is a cluster server?

Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting
Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them not working.
Is there a way to image them, so that I can revert back.
Thanks for any help on this.
Regards.

0
PHIL

PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote:
> Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting
> Netware5 Servers?

Officially, no. There is no official NDS version for NW5.0 that is
compatible with NW6.5 eDir 8.7 in one tree.
Inofficially, some people have been succesful to make the latest NDS
patches for NW5.1 work on NW5.0, but this is done entirely on your own
risk. As you're running clusters, I would assume that you're highly
interested in a stable environment. In that case the only suggestion I
can give is to update your NW 5.0 server ASAP.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks It is not possible to do an in place upgrade from NW 5.0 to 6.5, e.g. an upgrade on the same server. An in place upgrade requires NW 5.1 or 6.0. However an in place ...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Migration from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? , > If I use Novell's migration utility to migrate froma Netware 5.0 server > to a new Netware 6.5 server will it just copy everything or will it move > it? I would like to know if everything does not go correctly will I > still be able to use my Netware 5.0 server? Copy. Please see the migration wizar...

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Web resources about - Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2 - novell.netware.5x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper