Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network

We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver)
on 2 of the netware 5 servers.

We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using
two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services
which is include with netware 6.
What do I need to consider if i want to install these two
netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network
Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into
a new tree.
Appreciating ant help given
Regards.
0
phil

phil.bec@culture.gov.uk,

Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and
leave the NW 5 servers/cluster untouched. Yes it is possible.
All you need to do, is to make sure you have the latest Support packs
on the NW 5.x server. It doesn't hurt to have the latest DS version
applied as well. Run the NWDeploy from the root of the NW 6.x install
CD to prepare the network for NW 6. Lastly perform an NDS Health Check
as per TID 10060600 to make sue the tree is healthy. When this is all
done, you may go ahead with the NW 6.x install.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

Just a little side note. NetWare 6.5 is the latest NetWare version
available. It also comes with Novell Cluster Services version 1.7,
which is also the latest version available.
In case you've not yet purchased the upgrades for NW 6, I recommend
you go with NW 6.5 instead.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
Iftech Network AB
_______________________________
0
Niclas
2/9/2004 3:00:16 PM
Thanks for your advise on this.
Using mostly netware 5 sp4 and sp5.
Would this be sufficient to install netware 6 Servers
into, if not what sp level do i need on netware 5?
Regards.

> phil.bec@culture.gov.uk,
>
> Just a little side note. NetWare 6.5 is the latest NetWare version
> available. It also comes with Novell Cluster Services version 1.7,
> which is also the latest version available.
> In case you've not yet purchased the upgrades for NW 6, I recommend
> you go with NW 6.5 instead.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> _______________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
> Iftech Network AB
> _______________________________

0
phil
2/9/2004 4:58:30 PM
phil.bec@culture.gov.uk,

Is this NW 5.0 or NW 5.1?

If the later, I would recommend SP7 at minimum SP6.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
Iftech Network AB
_______________________________
0
Niclas
2/9/2004 7:10:19 PM
using Netware 5.0 with sp4 and some sp5
Do i need to put a higher patch onto the Netware 5.0 Servers
> phil.bec@culture.gov.uk,
>
> Is this NW 5.0 or NW 5.1?
>
> If the later, I would recommend SP7 at minimum SP6.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> _______________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
> Iftech Network AB
> _______________________________

0
phil
2/10/2004 1:45:59 PM
phil.bec@culture.gov.uk,

Definately SP6a on the NW 5.0 servers + os5pt2a.exe and wsock4g.exe
I would also suggest applying the latest DS version 7.62c on these
servers and enable Auxiliary Class support.

Problem is that since NW 5.0 is no longer supported, you probably wont
be able to find these patches. Is ist possible that you can upgrade the
NW 5.0 servers to NW 5.1 or remove them completely before introducing
NW 6.x?

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________
Niclas Ekstedt, CNE, NSC Sysop
Iftech Network AB
_______________________________
0
Niclas

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Install Netware 6.5 SP5 Server in the Netware 6.0 SP5 Tree
Good day ! There is a little problem . We have fully functional tree Netware 6.0SP5 on a four servers (it works VERY FINE through 3 years).All servers are Dell PE2600. None of postfixes neither patches released after SP5 not installed - pure SP5 only. One weeks ago we've got a new server - Dell PE 1950 8))) specially for some tasks, and we found that NW 6.0 NOT APPLICABLE for this type PE.Well, we have licensed 6.5 and we thought about tree upgrade, but it was planned as "not-in-this-month" task. And now I think ,that acceptable decision for us will - to instal...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Web resources about - Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network - novell.netware.5x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper