Error installing Netware 5.1: line 9 in netware.ils (setvar)

When it tries to mount the Install CD (loading CDINST.NLM) occurs the
error:

    An attempt to mount cd-rom volume nw51 as a NetWare volume failed.

    Control will be switched to the system console screen, where you
may view
    the error explanation (nwconfig-5-391)

and then shows this error:

    An error ocurred while parsing file "c:\nwinst.tmp\netware.ils",
line 9, at or near word
    or symbol "SetVar". Error description: Syntax Error.
(nwconfig-5-232)

The line is:

    SetVar   true, 1

In the console, issuing a HELP SETVAR don't work, but a HELP SET yes.
I have changed "setvar" by "set" and retry the installation, but seems
to overwrite
the file.

I have search in google, but i have found nothing :(

What happens and what i can do ?

0
Ernesto

Ernesto,

Duplicate message. Answered in the abend newsgroup. Please don't post
the
same message in multiple groups.

--
 Marcel Cox
 Using VA 5.51 build 315

0
Marcel

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Installing one Netware 4.2 in a Netware 5.1 enviroment
We have to install a Netware 4.2 server in a Netware 5.1 SP6 enviroment with NDS Version 85.30 (Twenty 5.1 Servers). We also so have three Netware 6 servers with eDir 8.6.2 Can we do this? If so what patches and problems should we expect? BM Yes, you can do this. Apply SP9 after installing 4.2, then the latest DS update, v6.21. You can get them here: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/nw4sp9.exe http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/ds621.exe Look for other patches you might want/need here: http://support.novell.com/filef...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

Error during installation of Netware 5.1
After mounting the sys volume the system continues not in the graphical mode and give the following error: server-5.0-830 [mmID=2000A] Short term memory allocator is out of memory. 1 attempts to get memory failed. How can I correct this? Best regards, Eddy Hovenga On Mon, 17 May 2004 21:40:39 GMT, e.h@tankbouwrootselaar.com wrote: >After mounting the sys volume the system continues not in the graphical >mode and give the following error: > >server-5.0-830 [mmID=2000A] Short term memory allocator is out of memory. >1 attempts to get memory failed. >...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Web resources about - Error installing Netware 5.1: line 9 in netware.ils (setvar) - novell.netware.5x.install

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper