DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync

A new server installed and configured (nw5.0 sp6a) is showing up with a
Replica depth of -1 (others show 0) and the Time is in Sync = no (others
are yes) with a plus of 1min.

Can these be resolved?

This a brand new test server.

Cheers.
0
Zavi

The "Replica Depth" is not a problem.
Your new server does not have a copy of the NDS Database.
This is not a problem and quite normal.
Only the 1st 3 servers get a copy of you DS unless you configure it
otherwise.

Check you TimeSync Setup.
Here is a guide from NW5.1 (5.0 should work the same.)

http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw51/index.html?page=/documentation/nw51/time_enu/data/akb9dqx.html

--
Craig Wilson
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Anyway I decided to backtrack and check my install steps.
Examining the NI.LOG file there are 2 errors - concerning ndps printers (we
don't use this) and the other is SAS (Object: BeDriver@1b662099, Fatal: SAD
did not install correctly).  What is SAS and how can I rectify this prior
to rebuilding the server?

Cheers.
0
Zavi

dsrepair time not in sync after daylight savings time start
After the start of daylight savings time, all NW servers in dsrepair show: +--------+------- Time is Time in sync +/- +--------+------- No 0 No 0 No 0 So, as far as NTP is concerned, the servers have the same time, but eDirectory thinks time is out of sync. The only way I have found to correct this is to reboot the servers. This is my first time with DST (Indiana). Certainly the rest of the DST servers don't have to reboot just to be happy about the change. Any suggestions? All Servers: Novell Open Enter...

Change time and time sync
Netware 5 sp1 server, all workstations are windows 2000 or XP with client 4.90 sp2. Windows 2000 reports the time of day as 10 minutes fast. When I change the time and it reboots, it is again 10 minutes fast. Is the netware client telling windows to sync with the netware time? When I type TIME in Netware monitor, it is also 10 min fast, and also says Time Sync Enabled. If netware is controlling the time for the network how do I control it? Is the netware server also syncing with a higher power? Ok, I think I got it. Can someone verify that I did it correctly? I went ...

IDM time not in sync with server time
Hi! I have just noticed that the IDM internal time is at least 12 hrs slower than my server's time. I noticed this when I tried to search for workflows in User App that I have executed in the morning by searching for the request date on the current date. There were no workflows displayed unless I submit yesterday's date and the results actually returned a portion of yesterday's workflows and the workflow executed in the morning of the current date. Could this be some settings in IDM User App or MySQL database that I must change? Adrian -- comebashme ---------...

time sync
I have one server amongst 30 that is out of sync with the network time. I have never had this problem that I can recall and I'm not sure how to fix it. SRS On 1/17/2007 Shawn wrote: > I have one server amongst 30 that is out of sync with the network time. I > have never had this problem that I can recall and I'm not sure how to fix it. Please post SYS:SYSTEM\TIMESYNC.CFG from that server and from a working server. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Server out of sync # TimeSync.Cfg is now updated ...

times out all the time!!!
Name: Optical Excellence Email: specsatopticalexcellencedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: times out all the time!!! Comments: I can not access either the web email site downloaded mail nor the Thunderbird email downloaded email because I get a time out all the time!! Not a way to run an email site, especially as this is for our business! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Time sync
Running health check on eDir prior to grpwse update. Most servers are ntwre and are fine but the 2 oes linux boxes are not in tme sync. Also, using the dsrepair on the srvr holding the master replica, the results of time sync show the time source of the two oes lnx to be non-netware. Can't I point the oes lnx srvrs to the srvr that is my ntp srvr, which I thought I did during install. All specifics related to the lnx srvrs would be appreciate. Much to learn in the migration to lnx from ntwre : ) -- jmcg --------------------------------------------------------------...

time-time
Hi There, Delphi 2010 with PostGresSQL 9.3 database. I did try := Time(), the way it worked with Paradox and many more I tried. E2250 no overload version of "TimeToStr" that can be called with this argument. Can somebody guide me here, thanks in advance. {delphi code} dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr() - dm.tArrivedtime.value ; {code} Fields are StringFields or time with time zone(tried without??) ////// CREATE TABLE "ARRIVED" ( dummy serial NOT NULL, userno smallint, "time" time with time zone, patientno integer, reasonno integer, waiting time with time zone, consno integer, CONSTRAINT "ARRIVED#PX" PRIMARY KEY (dummy) ) WITH ( OIDS=FALSE ); ALTER TABLE "ARRIVED" OWNER TO postgres; -- Index: "ARRIVED_index1" -- DROP INDEX "ARRIVED_index1"; CREATE INDEX "ARRIVED_index1" ON "ARRIVED" USING btree (userno, patientno); //////////// Forgot the following one, sorry for this. {delphi code} dm.tArrivedTime.value := TimeToStr(); {code} Same story, this was functional with Paradox Database as := Time. Thanks in advance again. Lieven {delphi code} dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr(Time) - dm.tArrivedtime.value ; {code} Sorry again , done it, maybe Monday effect. ...

Time Sync
Any reason why a BM server will not time sync when another 6.0 server in the same room connected to the same switch does? What should I look for? Is Proxy or packet filters doing this? begin 666 JOE MELHISER.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I8+4=75%E013I54T52#0I&3CI- M14Q(25-%4BP@2D]%#0I414P[5T]22SHX.3<M-C(S,B!8,C0U#0I/4D<Z4&5O M<&QE<R!"86YK.TE.1D]234%424].(%1%0TA.3TQ/1UD-"E1%3#M04D5&.T9! M6#HX.3<M-C(R-PT*14U!24P[5T]22SM04D5&.TY'5SI*345,2$E315)`<'1S M8BUI;BYC;VT-"DXZ345,2$E315([2D]%#0I4251,13I64`T*0412....

Time Sync
Hello, I have two Netware 5.1 sp6 servers and two 6 sp5 servers. One of the 5.1 is the Rep master. Ok, a few weeks ago one of the 6 server went down and that was the primary time server, I had to redo it from top to bottom due to hardware failures and now I have no primary because I don't know how to set it. Time sync is enabled on the servers but not synced to the network. Can someone help me out on how to make one of my servers the primary time server so the other three servers will have the right time? Thanks, jay On 9/13/2005 jay@dez-fam.com wrote: > C...

Time Out Of Sync
Hi, I have NW6.5 SP3 servers. Recently my bordermanager server is 13 seconds behind all of the other servers. This is being reported in NRM as: LOADED/NOT IN SYNC It changes from RED to Green (I assume this is because it goes over the threshold set by novell and then under at certain times). How do I get it in SYNC and to not be 13 seconds behind? Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance. On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:41:09 +0000, TSher1978 wrote: How is it synchronizing time with the time provider, through IP address/DNS Name/SLP/NTP? Try changing it into IP Ad...

Time sync
Can I configure my netware server to get its time information from an internet source? If so, how can I accomplish this? Cadence from Polygon is a pretty good third party product. Follow the link below! http://www.polygon.com "Mark Jones" <mjones@pcslave.com> wrote in message news:rIMeb.1255$L41.1058@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Can I configure my netware server to get its time information from an internet source? If so, how can I accomplish this? Our reference server gets time from the internet using internet time sources. It requires...

sync time is off??!
ASA Build (9.0.0[1108]) Dear all, everytime I do a sync between my UltraLite and Mobilink sync server, I checked the last_up_load time on the server ml_user. I found that the time is always FASTER than both my server and handheld client's time settings! Does anyone of you know this is the case? Is this purposely done? Because this is greatly affect the accuracy of the sync proceduce of my application. Thanks for all input here. Calvin What exactly are you comparing ml_user.last_upload_time with? (since that's a static value once inserted, and the server's clo...

Time not in sync
We have 3 NW 5.0 servers full patched and NDS version 751. One of these servers (a secondary) is unable to communicate with the single server. As a result, when I attempt to modify a user object through nwadmin I get an "Object could not be modified: Error Code 116:-659" Anyone have some synchronization troubleshooting tips for me....I'm not very good with timesync issues. Patrick -- ----------------------------------------------------- Click here for Free Video!! http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/ Please copy/paste sys:system/timesync.cfg...

time sync
Has anyone seen issues with time sync on VMware virtual machines? I have our Windows server running ZCM out of sync with our DB servers and they are all sync'hing to the same ntp servers. Not sure what to make of it... it's causing an issue with using rights to remote control. -- VMWare have a whitepaper for timesync: - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf Andrew Mallett wrote: > VMWare have a whitepaper for timesync: - > http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf The white paper says that VMware tools should sync the time but time stil...

Time sync

Time Syncs
I've got 3 - NW6.0 servers and seem to have a time sync problem on 2 of them. If I run the remote manager and check the server health monitor I get the following (with respect to Timesync Status) Server 1 - Type: Single. Status: Synchronized. Server 2 - Type: Secondary. Status: Not Synchronized Server 3 - Type: Secondary. Status: Not Synchronized Any suggestions on getting everything sync'd? Thanks. Please post sys:system\timesync.cfg from server 2 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Posting as requested: ...

Not in Time Sync
Greetings, After applying SP2, eDir 8.7.3.3 and Security Update 6a on three NW6.5 servers, one R/W server is not in time sync. The Master and only other R/W server are in time sync. Nothing has helped get this single server in sync. We have tried: (un)loading Timesync.nlm, repair selected replica, deleted time zone and re-added it and then set Timesync Restart Flag, declared new epoch, re-booted the server. Now DSRepair reports /****************************************************************************/ NetWare 1602.00 Directory Services Repair 10550.80, DS 10551.29 Log fil...

time sync.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: time sync. Comments: would'nt up date time with nist.gov but would from windows time Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b3) Gecko/20091115 Firefox/3.6b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

time sync
Hi We are having a problem with Time sync. It seems our single ref server which holds the master replica is polling "time.nist.gov" but apparently there seems to be an inconsistency, because syncronization is on and off every 25 seconds which causes all our servers to be out of sync for that period. Is there a better url to poll for time or can I just use the time on the single ref server? Or could it be something else? Thanks Mike Mike Berg, > We are having a problem with Time sync. It seems our single ref server which > holds the master replica is polling &qu...

netware 4.11
Hi, Our Netware 4.11 servers sync to MET-1MEST. The problems is that it is approximately 8 minutes behind the windows servers. This is highlighted when a user logs in to the newtork, their WIN2K workstation clock will first show the Netware time, then eventually once it has been polled by the time servers, update to the correct time. On the server console I have tried TIMESYNC but no good. How can I get the netware servers to show the correct time? Any advise greatly appreciated! Thanks! See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10014508.htm -- ...

Time Sync.
Hello, My XP machine does not sync its time with the server even though the Set Station Time is ON. NW 6.5 SP4a Client is 4.91 SP1 Any idea? Thanks. eric. On 4/3/2006 Eric wrote: > My XP machine does not sync its time with the server even though the Set > Station Time is ON. NW 6.5 SP4a > Client is 4.91 SP1 > > Any idea? The current user account has the required privileges ? By default, only power users and admins are able to modify the workstation's time. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Than...

DSRepair Time sync error 602
DS repair Time sync. gives Could not connect with server, error 602. This server is a NW 5.1.8 server, no replica with IPX and IP. The server it can not connect to is a OES for NetWare w/sp2 running IPX in compatibility mode. All other 5.1 servers have a replica and communicate with the OES server. OES server is binding scmd to the same net number and has the /ma switch. What am I missing? dalbaugh, I've seen that a couple of times, usually it means that the server is missing a network address for the remote server. Running a repair all network addresses in DSRepair s...

DSREPAIR Time Sync not seeing ALL my servers...
Hi, I have 6 Novell boxes and all running eDirectory...One of them, even with updated eDir, will not see ALL the servers in Time Sync...I can run DISPLAY SERVERS and ping all the boxes from command prompt... What can I do to get this NW6 server to see ALL my servers in DSREPAIR Time Sync? Thanks/ Pete Peter.Brown@commerce.state.nj.us wrote: > What can I do to get this NW6 server to see ALL my servers in > DSREPAIR Time Sync? DSREPAIR does not intend to check the time sync for all servers. It just checks the servers known in the local database. If some server is ...

MOVED: time between to given times (was: time between to given times)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:06 -0800, Mike Thomas wrote: Moved to delphi.language.delphi.general https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11972 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Web resources about - DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync - novell.netware.5x.install

NetWare Care - Cool Solutions - Novell
Use CRON and STUFFKEY with these simple, basic, timesaving proactive management scripts. +read more