BEEP! BEEP!

Server #2 is unable to communicate with Server #1.  Shows a DS error.

BEEP EVERY 5 SECONDS!

"I am going nuts."

It is impossible to bring up server #1 again.

How do I stop this BEEP??

SERVER#2:
NetWare 5.1, holds Master Replica,

rooter

0
rooter

See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10010922.htm

--

Andy Thompson
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

0
Dave
2/12/2004 7:29:13 PM
> Set alarm bell = off
> --
> Dave Lunn
> NSC SysOp
> http://support-forums.novell.com

Where do you put this paramater at?

Thanks,
David
0
dmcbride
7/26/2004 1:03:33 PM
Dave,

Dave Lunn wrote:

> Set alarm bell = off

Well, that will stop the beeping (when you use the correct one, which is
"set sound bell for alerts=off", however the server has a very good
reason to beep, and instead of switching it off, the problem causing the
beep should be solved using the TID Andy posted.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

You can add it to the Autoexec.ncf if you never, ever want to hear that
beeping thing again.
<dmcbride@ctwenterprises.com> wrote in message
> > Set alarm bell = off
> > --
> > Dave Lunn
> > NSC SysOp
> > http://support-forums.novell.com
> >

> Where do you put this paramater at?
>
> Thanks,
> David

0
Dave

beep R beep C beep 3
Here lies the third and final release candidate: ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.patch.gz ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.tar.gz And yes, the patch is against 5.5.670, but this here summary is against RC2. Bug fixes: + open($fh[0],...) autovivifies properly + closures inherit attributes correctly + "\N{...}" used without "use charnames ..." produces better diagnostic + "\N{...}" enables utf8-ness of string correctly + return values fr...

beep R beep C beep 3
Here lies the third and final release candidate: ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.patch.gz ftp://ftp.linux.activestate.com/pub/staff/gsar/APC/5.6.0/perl-5.6.0-RC3.tar.gz And yes, the patch is against 5.5.670, but this here summary is against RC2. Bug fixes: + open($fh[0],...) autovivifies properly + closures inherit attributes correctly + "\N{...}" used without "use charnames ..." produces better diagnostic + "\N{...}" enables utf8-ness of string correctly + return ...

Why beep(2) no beep twice
I have run into this problem before but did not have time to investigate it. The problem occurred again today. I am using the beep function but can not get my application to beep more than once. If I type beep(2) or any other number, it still only beeps once. What's more, if I try something like the following Beep(1) Beep(1) It still only beeps once. Does anyone know why or what I may be doing wrong? Am using PB 6.5 (444) under Windows 95. Woody Splawn In article <36e6e5cf.19300761@forums.powersoft.com>, splawnw@calweb.com says... > I have run int...

beep
windows 95 / pb6.5 using pfc I'm Trying to alert my users to the fact that an erroneous value has been added to a column in my datawindow without a messagebox( i'm returning 1 from itemerror event in the dw control) I've tried the Beep(2) powerscript function, however, it's playing my windows "default sound", not actually making a beep ( my users don't have speakers) I know the computer is capable of beeping, ( i just tested a foxpro app which makes the same classic beep sound my TRS-80 did back in the summer of '81). I'm guessing there's an...

beep
Hi, Does WxPerl have a method for making a default beep? I need something like Win32::GUI::MessageBeep that can be used in a Win32::GUI application. Thank you. Octavian Hi, There's a function Wx::Bell. You would call this simply as: Wx::Bell; Regards Mark Octavian Rasnita wrote: > Hi, > > Does WxPerl have a method for making a default beep? > > I need something like Win32::GUI::MessageBeep that can be used in a > Win32::GUI application. > > Thank you. > > Octavian > Wx::Bell; jerry Octavian Rasnita &l...

Beep
A simple question, I hope. I have managed to compile my program including Beep() and even Beep(100,100), but nothing happens. Do I have to do something to the system to turn beeping on? George. Il Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:57:47 -0700, George Probyn <> ha scritto: >A simple question, I hope. I have managed to compile my program including Beep() >and even Beep(100,100), but nothing happens. Do I have to do something to the system >to turn beeping on? Hi, AFAIK, if you are using Windows Vista x64 or Windows XP 64-Bit the system beep is not supported anymore. ...

beep
beep ...

Beep
Hi All, Besides Beep function, is there any way I can create the sound other than Beep to alert the user? For some alert sound I don't want to make it same to the Beep sound. Also, if i write Beep(3) it suppose to beep 3 times, but it always just beep 1 time no matter what number I put. If I write it as Beep(1), Beep(1), Beep(1), it still beeps only one time. But when I debug it, it does beep 3 times. What's the problem? Thanks, Shelyn For better or worse, the roots of this problem go back to the time when a system beep was nothing more than a little sound made b...

Beeping
I quote below a message from another thread. My problem is that my system NEVER beeps from my app. Even when I press Enter on a single line Edit. I wish it would, then maybe I could put beeps where I want them. I am running Windows XP Home Edition and BCB 6. What can I be doing wrong? Regards, George. <Earl Staley> wrote in message news:297120 at forums dot embarcadero dot com... Reassigning Key=0; worked, but I don't know why. Because that is the way the VCL is designed to work. When an OnKey... event handler exits, if the Key parameter has been set to 0, th...

Beep() ?
My computer do not beep with Beep() function ,using PB6.0, but with other application,not PB, it do. What happen? Regards, Thaworn R. Hi, The beep() function is calling an external function to produce the sound of 'default sound', listed in the sounds properties in the control panel. Could it be that no WAV file is assigned to 'default sound' ? HTH -- Met vriendelijke groet, - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 thawornr <defaultuser@domain.com...

no beep
Dear Sir, we are developing a windows application using vs.studio. In our program, a beep sound is automatically taken place when people hit enter or click ok button. Would you please let me know how to avoid this functionality? Thank you for your help, Jun If you Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel. Click on the Sounds tab and you will see a drop down under Sound Scheme, what you are interested in is the Program Events...Windows....Default Beep. What is probably happening in your program is that you have not defined a event for the Enter key being pressed. Thus, the...

Beeping
Is there a way to disable the "beep" on a NW65 server? Everytime I rcon into it, or do something at the console, it beeps. I have turned off the "Sound Bell for Alerts" to off, but the thing keeps beeping! Z SET SOUND BELL FOR ALERTS = OFF On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:46:11 GMT, "Zak" <nowhere@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there a way to disable the "beep" on a NW65 server? Everytime I rcon >into it, or do something at the console, it beeps. I have turned off the >"Sound Bell for Alerts" to off, but the thing k...

The beep
I cannot find, anywhere in the documentation, the means of disabling the constant beep I get from my BMgr35 server. I get console messages "get hostname failed for IP address x.x.x.x" with some frequency, and each one is accompanied by a beep. When multiple messages display, it is incredibly annoying. I have gone through all the NWADMIN tabs, including the "ALERT" tab, which is set to "none," and have searched the KB. There simply must be a way to disable this so that I can get some work done in my office, which is where the servers are unfortuna...

Install opensuse 11.4 on evga sr2, installs fine, then wont boot, beeps 4 times during os boot.
Install opensuse 11.4 on evga sr2, installs fine, then wont boot, beeps 4 times during os boot. thats during the os boot, right in the beginning, not at the bios post, tried it on both sata controllers, 12 gigs ram, xeon 2.66 ghz, someone pleasse please help -- ghostcyber ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Install opensuse 11.4 on evga sr2, > > installs fine, then wont boot, > beeps 4 times during os boot. > > thats during the os boot, right in the beginning, not at the bios post, > &...

Web resources about - BEEP! BEEP! - novell.netware.5x.install

Beep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BEEP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking , BEEP ( Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol ) is a framework for creating network application protocols. It includes ...

Beep Life (@boul3ez2) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Beep Life @ boul3ez2 beeplife.com ...

Reminders, Timers, Fast! - Beep Me on the App Store on iTunes
Get Reminders, Timers, Fast! - Beep Me on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

beep beep beep beep - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Thirteen Of Clubs' photos on Flickr. Thirteen Of Clubs has uploaded 7892 photos to Flickr.

A doink, beep-beep and a bup-bow: the Top 10 most memorable TV sounds
The origins of the beeps, clicks and ticks used on television series might surprise you.

For whom the tag beeps
For whom the tag beeps

Finding the ring of confidence in city's great beep test
Finding the ring of confidence in city's great beep test

280: Beeps, shift swapping, the myth of genius and more
Watch your writing process in instant replay. Does your email address age you? Living in a world of beeps. The perception of genius. Why creativity ...

Tony Fadell on How Nest Protect Aims to Rid the World of the Dreaded Smoke-Detector Beep
Nest Labs’ next product, which it is unveiling today, is indeed a smoke- and carbon-monoxide detector called Protect, as AllThingsD had reported ...