time sync problem

One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the

network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt.

When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as
it is
a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help.

My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single
and four
Secondary.  Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me
this
error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please
help!...
Thanks, Calvin

0
Calvin
3/21/2003 11:51:17 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please post the sys:system\timesync.cfg from the troubled server &
from one of the servers that's working.
I assume the troubled server is a secondary server ?
It's the server located in the same physical location & same IP
subnet as the SINGLE server ?
Can the troubled server ping the SINGLE server ?

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
3/22/2003 12:07:13 AM
Thanks for the respond.
The troubled server is at remote location via 256K frame relay. Yes,
it is
secondary and it can ping the Single server (both by servername and
ip).
And, it is at a different subnet. I pasted timesync.cfg from 3
different
servers.

Thanks for the help.

Here is the Troubled server Timesync.cfg at remote location
(Secondary)

Configured Sources = OFF
Directory Tree Mode = ON
Hardware Clock = ON
Polling Count = 3
Polling Interval = 600
Service Advertising = ON
Synchronization Radius = 2000
Type = SECONDARY
# TIMESYNC Configured time source list
TIME SOURCE = FS_CORP

Here is the Timesync from Single server (FS_CORP)
Configured Sources = OFF
Directory Tree Mode = ON
Hardware Clock = ON
Polling Count = 3
Polling Interval = 600
Service Advertising = ON
Synchronization Radius = 2000
Type = SINGLE

# TIMESYNC Configured time source list

Here is TimeSync.cfg from another Secondary (Server is OK)
# TIMESYNC Configuration Parameters

"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message

> Please post the sys:system\timesync.cfg from the troubled server &
> from one of the servers that's working.
> I assume the troubled server is a secondary server ?
> It's the server located in the same physical location & same IP
> subnet as the SINGLE server ?
> Can the troubled server ping the SINGLE server ?
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Calvin
3/22/2003 12:28:24 AM

Calvin Lou wrote:

Please change the timesync.cfg with my below recommendations

> Here is the Troubled server Timesync.cfg at remote location
(Secondary)

> Configured Sources = ON
> Directory Tree Mode = ON
> Hardware Clock = ON
> Polling Count = 3
> Polling Interval = 600
> Service Advertising = OFF
> Synchronization Radius = 2000
> Type = SECONDARY
> # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
> TIME SOURCE = [SINGLE SERVER IP ADDRESS]
>
> Here is the Timesync from Single server (FS_CORP)
> Configured Sources = OFF
> Directory Tree Mode = ON
> Hardware Clock = ON
> Polling Count = 3
> Polling Interval = 600
> Service Advertising = ON
> Synchronization Radius = 2000
> Type = SINGLE
>
> # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
>
> Here is TimeSync.cfg from another Secondary (Server is OK)
> # TIMESYNC Configuration Parameters
>
> Configured Sources = ON
> Directory Tree Mode = ON
> Hardware Clock = ON
> Polling Count = 3
> Polling Interval = 600
> Service Advertising = OFF
> Synchronization Radius = 2000
> Type = SECONDARY
>
> # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
>
> TIME SOURCE = [SINGLE SERVER IP ADDRESS]

After making these changes issue:

SET TIMESYNC RESET = ON
SET TIMESYNC RESTART FLAG = ON

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
3/22/2003 4:38:13 AM
Configured Sources = OFF
TIME SOURCE = FS_CORP

Chik-ching!
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
3/24/2003 1:13:08 AM
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

works great!

> Calvin Lou wrote:
>
> Please change the timesync.cfg with my below recommendations
>

> > Here is the Troubled server Timesync.cfg at remote location
(Secondary)

> > Configured Sources = ON
> > Directory Tree Mode = ON
> > Hardware Clock = ON
> > Polling Count = 3
> > Polling Interval = 600
> > Service Advertising = OFF
> > Synchronization Radius = 2000
> > Type = SECONDARY
> > # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
> > TIME SOURCE = [SINGLE SERVER IP ADDRESS]
> >
> > Here is the Timesync from Single server (FS_CORP)
> > Configured Sources = OFF
> > Directory Tree Mode = ON
> > Hardware Clock = ON
> > Polling Count = 3
> > Polling Interval = 600
> > Service Advertising = ON
> > Synchronization Radius = 2000
> > Type = SINGLE
> >
> > # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
> >
> > Here is TimeSync.cfg from another Secondary (Server is OK)
> > # TIMESYNC Configuration Parameters
> >
> > Configured Sources = ON
> > Directory Tree Mode = ON
> > Hardware Clock = ON
> > Polling Count = 3
> > Polling Interval = 600
> > Service Advertising = OFF
> > Synchronization Radius = 2000
> > Type = SECONDARY
> >
> > # TIMESYNC Configured time source list
> >
> > TIME SOURCE = [SINGLE SERVER IP ADDRESS]
> >

> After making these changes issue:
>
> SET TIMESYNC RESET = ON
> SET TIMESYNC RESTART FLAG = ON
>

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Calvin
3/24/2003 11:37:41 PM
Glad to help.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

Time sync problem
I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times to match. They are always 6 hours off. I used Yast NTP to set up a server on Linux, with Central time zone. Windows has the same time zone. Does anyone know anything else that needs to be adjusted so I can make these times the same? -- ciric50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue December 15 2009 09:56 pm, ciric50 wrote: > > I have a dual boot machine, and can't get the Windows and OpenSUSE times > to match. They are always 6 hours off. ...

Time Sync Problems
Servers involved are: Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8 Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9 I am getting the following error when I run a time sync: [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE Unable to connect to NDS Server. Connection refused. I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box that is in this tree. Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the problem? Thanks Scott -- SJFast911 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SJ...

Time sync problem
Hello, We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once has a red flag for time sync. The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers, in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server set as the single uses both. ...

Time Sync Problem
Dear All, I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11 servers and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with actual time. So I try to adjust it and follow the below method: Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the parameter (+00:03:00). After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match. but i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error . I want to ask how to solve it, help me??? Thanks TT Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server. Also, copy&...

DSrepair time sync replica depth and time is in sync
A new server installed and configured (nw5.0 sp6a) is showing up with a Replica depth of -1 (others show 0) and the Time is in Sync = no (others are yes) with a plus of 1min. Can these be resolved? This a brand new test server. Cheers. The "Replica Depth" is not a problem. Your new server does not have a copy of the NDS Database. This is not a problem and quite normal. Only the 1st 3 servers get a copy of you DS unless you configure it otherwise. Check you TimeSync Setup. Here is a guide from NW5.1 (5.0 should work the same.) http://www.novell.com/documentati...

NTP and Time Sync Problems
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to get a Netware 5.0 server to sync with an outside time source. I have permission from tick.utoronto.ca to sync with them, as well as tick.usno.navy.mil and tock.usno.navy.mil. When i launch timesync.nlm after a period of time the timesync debug screen shows that the server can't communicate with those time servers. Running ping from the console clearly shows that there is no problem pining the servers. After running timesync.nlm the console reports syncronization not active. Anybody have any suggestions? Here is ...

Time Sync Problem #3
Mixed environment: 1 x Reference Server = NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) 1 x Primary Server = NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) 9 x Secondary Servers - 2 x NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18) - 1 x NetWare 4.11-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 4.2-SP9 (DS ver 6.11) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP3 (DS ver 8.77) - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP5 (DS ver 8.82) - 2 x NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85) and the odd-ball - 1 x Axis StorePoint CD Network CD Server (pretends to be NetWare 4.X - DS ver 5.73) All NW5-SP6 boxes were recently upgraded to SP6 - some from SP3 and some from SP5. What we're see...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Time Sync Problem #2
Netware 5.1 server lost connectivity to its source time server for approx 6 hrs. The time was wrong on the server. This server is a time ref server, master of root, and DHCP server. Users attempting to login at that time were unable to get IP due to IP conflict. Helpdesk had users run release all and some users could login; however, the last login changed to year 2034! Server was rebooted and time appeared correct on server. Now server shows synthetic time, but time is correct. For problem users, cannot unlock accts due to error 116:659. NDS looks healthy, except for -698 error...

Web Admin Tool Timed Out
I have VS 2005 Pro RTM, No Beta ever on this machine, running XP Pro SP2.  I created a new web site in wwwroot.  I built the site and ran it.  I attempted to run the Web Admin Tool.  When it opens in IE I get the tabs and links just fine.  When I click on either one I get "Tool Has Timed Out ".  My Windows account has full control access to site, web config, and data folder.  What am I missing?  Why does the tool time out as soon as I open it and how do I fix it?Thanks,Gene...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

Web resources about - time sync problem - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

The problem with using infrastructure to stimulate an economy
The immediate boost to the economy from infrastructure stimulus spending is minimal, while the cost for any new jobs it creates can be huge

The problem with “bringing the country together”
... our country needs is to reject the very premise of politics. The disparate factions in the United States don’t even agree on what our problems ...

Apple confirms bug that makes the iPhone’s most frustrating problem even more frustrating
... as and satisfied as they are though, we doubt any iPhone user would make the claim that his or her handset is perfect. No, iPhones have problems ...

A recurring problem in 'Making A Murderer' used to be huge in the UK — and the country figured out how ...
... Act of 1984 [PACE], however, subsequently required officers to videotape their interviews, among other provisions. It nearly solved the problem. ...

The problem with Chinese data...
John Rutledge, Safanad chief investment strategist, shares his thoughts on China's GDP and real economic growth. And Mike Santoli, CNBC senior ...

‘Degrassi: Next Class’: “The Drugs Have Changed But The Problems Are Still The Same”
Degrassi is known for tackling the complex issues that high school students face. Subjects such as teen pregnancy, drugs, school shooting and ...

Fujitsu wants to fix Japan's deer problem with software
Fujitsu is teaming up with a Japanese forest research institute to learn how animal populations grow. The pair will look into Sika deer, a creature ...

Free Basics, net neutrality, and the problem with charity
This must have been a pretty bad year for Mark Zuckerberg. He thought he'd be a hero, but now he's a pariah. Why?

Apple Admits iOS 9.2 Has A New Problem
Apple says it is working hard on a fix...