Time Sync Problem #3

Mixed environment:

1 x Reference Server = NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18)
1 x Primary Server   = NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85)

9 x Secondary Servers
 - 2 x NetWare 4.10 (DS ver 5.18)
 - 1 x NetWare 4.11-SP9 (DS ver 6.11)
 - 1 x NetWare 4.2-SP9 (DS ver 6.11)
 - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP3 (DS ver 8.77)
 - 1 x NetWare 5.1-SP5 (DS ver 8.82)
 - 2 x NetWare 5.1-SP6 (DS ver 8.85)
and the odd-ball
 - 1 x Axis StorePoint CD Network CD Server
      (pretends to be NetWare 4.X - DS ver 5.73)

All NW5-SP6 boxes were recently upgraded to SP6 - some from SP3 and some
from SP5.

What we're seeing is that the Axis Server is the only one which the
NetWare Servers believe is in Sync.

The problems started when one of our Network Analysts first installed SP6,
but just came to my attention yesterday.

 NetWare 5.0 DSRepair  10250.37.               NetWare Loadable Module
 DS.NLM 8.85  Tree name: TREE
 Server name: .SVR10_NW_5.1_SP6.OU1.O                  Total errors: 0
      View Log File (Last Entry): "SYS:SYSTEM\DSREPAIR.LOG" (19239333)
--------------------------+--------+--------+----------+--------+------
                           DS.NLM   Replica  Time       Time is  Time
Server name                Version  Depth    Source     in sync   +/-
--------------------------+--------+--------+----------+--------+------
..SVR1_AXIS_CD.OU1.O.....      5.73?  -1      Secondary  Yes       + 1
..SVR2_NW_4.2_SP9.OU2.O..      6.11    2      Secondary  No        + 1
..SVR3_NW_4.10.OU2.O.....      5.18    2      Reference  No        + 1
..SVR4_NW_5.1_SP6.OU1.O..      8.85    2      Secondary  No        + 1
..SVR5_NW_4.10.OU3.O.....      5.18    2      Secondary  No        + 1
..SVR6_NW_4.10.OU3.O.....      5.18    2      Secondary  No          0
..SVR7_NW_5.1_SP6.OU4.O..      8.85    2      Secondary  No          0
..SVR8_NW_5.1_SP5.OU3.O..      8.82    0      Secondary  No          0
..SVR9_NW_4.2_SP9.O......      6.11    0      Secondary  No          0
..SVR10_NW_5.1_SP5.OU1.O.      8.77    0      Secondary  No          0
..SVR11_NW_5.1_SP6.OU1.O.      8.85    0      Primary    No          0
--------------------------+--------+--------+----------+--------+------

Any suggestions?

Scott Hutchinson
Network Administrator
Contra Costa County Sheriff

0
shutc
4/16/2004 5:03:11 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please copy and paste it here the sys:system/timesync.cfg from one secondary,
one primary and from the reference. I also highly suggest to have one
of the NetWare5.1 as the reference time server.
--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

version 11.0.3.3 where to get admin tools
using isql select @version return ------------------------------------ SQL Server/11.0.3.3/P/PC Intel/Windows NT 3.5/SWR 8163 Rollup/OPT/Wed Nov 18 1998 12:58:26.22 ------------------------------------------------------- Server has no grafic admin tool, 2 applications in production and all maintance done from application . Where to get admin tools for this version ? How administrate server from remote computer? Thank you Alex ...

Time Sync #3
Hi All this is to confirm I have my facts straight re time sync. I am in an environment that has one tree, with approx 50 servers across various regions. I have noticed that in the one tree there is a single server, more than 1 reference server, primary and secondary servers. Am I correct in saying that one cannot have single, reference and primary in one tree. it is either single and secondary, or reference, primary and secondary. Also one cannot have more than one reference server in a tree. also am I correct in saying that up to 30 servers one can use single and secondary ...

Time sync problem
Hello, We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once has a red flag for time sync. The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers, in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server set as the single uses both. ...

Time Sync #3
I have 45 schools that are running 1 application off of a netware 5.1 server. I am having alot of issues with the time not being right on the server which is throwing off the workstations. Can anyone tell me how to ensure that my servers have the correct time? Please! William Creasey, > I have 45 schools that are running 1 application off of a netware 5.1 > server. I am having alot of issues with the time not being right on the > server which is throwing off the workstations. Can anyone tell me how to > ensure that my servers have the correct time? >...

Time Sync Problem
Dear All, I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11 servers and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with actual time. So I try to adjust it and follow the below method: Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the parameter (+00:03:00). After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match. but i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error . I want to ask how to solve it, help me??? Thanks TT Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server. Also, copy&...

Sync Problem #3
We are developing an application in. NET (c # whit iAnywhere.Ultralite namepaces) Using a base in the desk computer. db and a base for pocket pc. udb and one doesn't eat to synchronize the data of the base from the PC to the base of the pocket. We are despaired then this it is the basic part of the application and without her we cannot advance. Thank you to help us whit question previous Our iAnywhere version build is 9.0.2.2451. Here's the code I'm using to synchronize: string hostname=3d"localhost"; _conn.SyncParms.UserName=3d"USUARIO_ML"; ...

Time Sync Problems
Servers involved are: Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8 Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9 I am getting the following error when I run a time sync: [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE Unable to connect to NDS Server. Connection refused. I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box that is in this tree. Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the problem? Thanks Scott -- SJFast911 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SJ...

time sync problem
hello all; since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with the time server in the network. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > the time server in the network. > Does it work if you unload/reload timesync.nlm? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) > > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > > the time server in the network. > >...

time sync problem
One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt. When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as it is a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help. My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single and four Secondary. Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me this error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please help!... Thanks, Calvin Please post the sys:system\timesync...

problem with 3.5.3 MAJOR PROBLEM
Name: Wesley Horton Email: whorton4atcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: problem with 3.5.3 MAJOR PROBLEM Comments: This update apparently installed itself automatically. IT WIPED ALL MY BOOKMARKS! and IT no longer retains multiple bookmarks. . .Ie when you have several pages open and close the browser, it prompts you if you want to save them. Even when indicating YES, when you reopen the browser, only a single page opens. (default home page) Wesley Horton Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (...

Sync Problem #3

Firefox 3.1 beta 3 feedback : Problems with crashing and loading time
Name: Nehil Saxena Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.1 beta 3 feedback : Problems with crashing and loading time Comments: I have tested sometime on Firefx 3.1 beta 3. I have experienced some difficulties in this beta release. Problems * Crashing more frequent in 3.1 beta 3. * Initial loading time of the application is sometimes a problem, but when it initiliases fully then works smoothly. OverAll Experience + Overall experience with the test release was good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 ...

Web resources about - Time Sync Problem #3 - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Trump’s dig at the NFL, like the rest of his campaign, blames “soft” progressive culture for bare-knuckled ...
... Butkus and Lawrence Taylor. And it’s just a cause that Trump, and the rest of the Republican Party, can’t dare admit: capitalism. The problem ...

Astronomy’s sexual harassment problem gets Congressional attention
Last year, a confidential report was leaked that revealed that University of California, Berkeley had conducted an investigation into one of ...

Breakthrough research could solve a major problem with lithium-ion batteries
... they're also unstable and can be explosive when they overheat . Researchers at Stanford University have been working on how to fix this problem ...

America's biggest group of doctors just launched a startup aimed at solving a growing problem with healthcare ...
... care technology could go from "Innovation Stage 1.0" to "Innovation Stage 5.0" "A lot of noise but not very much signal" The main problem, ...

Fewer U.S. teens smoking, but a smoke problem persists
Study shows what it is; lead researcher calls findings "concerning"

Windows tech support: Fixing Internet problems
Common solutions for slowdowns, disconnections, and spotty signals.

Cologne attacks: Does Germany have a problem with sexual assault? (+video)
Activists say violence against women has been ignored for too long – whether the perpetrators are immigrants or native-born Germans.

ESPN Joins In Adrian Peterson Redemption Campaign; Ditka Says "I Never Had A Problem With This"
... once challenging his answers; later, as the Countdown panel reacted, Mike Ditka openly endorsed child abuse and claimed he never had a problem ...