Time Sync Problem #2

Netware 5.1 server lost connectivity to its source time server for approx 6
hrs.  The time was wrong on the server.  This server is a time ref server,
master of root, and DHCP server.  Users attempting to login at that time
were unable to get IP due to IP conflict.  Helpdesk had users run release
all and some users could login; however, the last login changed to year
2034!  Server was rebooted and time appeared correct on server.  Now server
shows synthetic time, but time is correct.  For problem users, cannot
unlock accts due to error 116:659.  NDS looks healthy, except for -698
error.  Time synch is good too.

Any ideas?  Is this a wait and see issue??

Kay
0
raven01
4/16/2004 4:24:03 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>  the last login changed to year
> 2034!
> Now server
> shows synthetic time,

You need to declare a new epoch.
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013670.htm
--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message
> >  the last login changed to year
> > 2034!
> > Now server
> > shows synthetic time,
>
> You need to declare a new epoch.
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013670.htm
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
John
4/16/2004 6:01:50 PM
> >  the last login changed to year
> > 2034!
> > Now server
> > shows synthetic time,
>
> You need to declare a new epoch.
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013670.htm
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Is there any risk when declaring a new epoch, other than generating more
traffic on the network?  Any concerns for the NDS, etc.

Read the documentation I provided. Yes, there is some risk but you have
no other option. You have objects that are 30 years ahead.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5 #2
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John : duplicate Joe Moore Novell Support Forums SysOp http://just.fdisk-it.com http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html http://www.caledon...

Time sync problem #2
Hello, Thanks in advance for any time spent or help offered. I administer a Netware 6.0 SP5 two node native SCSI based cluster that sits on a large university LAN that we share with other many servers and workstations. We also have one replica server in an office still on the LAN but two hops away from the server cluster. The server that is typically secondary is set up as a single source that gets its time from an NIST timeserver. It is always in sync. The replica server is always in sync. But for the last few days the primary server in the cluster has been loosing and re...

Problem with Time Sync on Netware 6.5
Hi, I have a strange problem. Situation : 2 Novell servers 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. Problem server 2 won't go in sync because it has the following error : Time Source Not in Sync, discarding the packet. If I go to the time debug screen of server 1 it say's Server in sync. What could be the problem ? John John Slegers: > 1 Server is Reference with external time server source. > Server 2 is secondary with time source server 1. > make the first server Single instead ...

Problem in determining whether a user (who has logged onto MPS) is a Domain Admin, Customer, Customer Admin, or Reseller Admin (c# type questions) #2
I am customizing the MPS system to perform more specific provision functions. Along the path of development, I have found a strange problem. I will be as clear as possible with this in that it includes several methods within the codebehind aspect of MPS. Here goes!When a user first goes to the MPS provisioning website, they are presented with a basic authentication type logon. Here is the codebehind from the Global.asax.cs file that handles the user credentials and sets the user type:protected void Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)        {&nbs...

FCK Editor 2.2 With FCKEditor.NET Design Time Problems.
When I add the FCKEditor to my InsertItemTemplate in my webform, while in design mode, there are no problems.  However, I after I enter the source view and then return to design view I get the following error:FormView - Formview1There was an error rendering the control.  Request is not available in this request.This is the code:<FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor2" runat="server" BasePath="FCKeditor\" Height="200px" Value='<%# bind("DETAILS") %>' Width="100%"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>Any ideas?   Update: The exact same code works in both the EditItemT...

Time sync #2
My BM server reports 'Time is NOT synchronized to the network' and the Timesync debug screen shows 'Time Source not in sync, discarding the packet'. Other secondaries are in sync with the single and the single is synchronizing with an internet time source and DSRepair shows time is in sync except for the BM server. Ive worked through a couple of TIDs and cant solve this. Is there something about BM that could cause a syncing problem? The BM server is 3.8 NW6.5SP3 on all the servers except 1 which is BM3.6 on NW6SP4. Any clues appreciated. George Melcher ...

Time Sync #2
I have a workstation that I don't want the time to sync to a 4.11 server. The workstation is WinXP. What is the best way to do this? I read to add a line to net.cfg, but I can't find this file where is it located? Thanks, Duplicate. Answered in your previous post Peter >I have a workstation that I don't want the time to sync to a 4.11 > server. The workstation is WinXP. What is the best way to do this? I > read to add a line to net.cfg, but I can't find this file where is it > located? > > Thanks, > What client are you...

Time sync problem
Hello, We have a two node cluster that was set up for us by an outside consultant and has been running NW6sp4 for over a year now without this problem. A couple of days ago, first one server and then the other, then both at once has a red flag for time sync. The servers are set up in a single/secondary time sync configuration and both are configured with the IP address of the same two NIST time servers, in the same order. I watched the time sync screens together and the server set as the secondary only uses one of the two time servers while the server set as the single uses both. ...

Apache 2.0.49a on Netware 6.5 unloads from time to time...
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We have an Apache 2.0.49a on Netware 6.5 SP2 beta (earlier SP1a) which = resently have started to unload itself once or twice every second day. There is no info on the loggerscreen, and also nothing in either the = Apache errorlog or accesslog. And if I do a AP2WEBUP it runs fine again, = for a while... Besides MySQL there is no other applications on the server, which is = dedicated for this task only. It's not running Webaccess or anything else....

Time sync #2
I want to disable my time sync to off. Currently it's active. How can I disbale the time sync in Netware 5? On 3/13/2007 costap@keyfacts.com wrote: > I want to disable my time sync to off. Currently it's active. How can I > disbale the time sync in Netware 5? You unload timesync.nlm but why would you need to do that ? It's an essential element in eDirectory. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

time sync problem
hello all; since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with the time server in the network. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > the time server in the network. > Does it work if you unload/reload timesync.nlm? -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) > > since installing NW5.1 sp5, my servers have been able to synchronize with > > the time server in the network. > >...

time out problem #2
Dear all, Wish you all have enjoyed your life there. Currently I'm facing a weird situation, where today morning the problem showed in my aspx page : The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. This is a stored procedure and the execution time is 0 seconds. is there anyone face this problem before? And what's the solution for this? Thanks.   Regards, PSJIE.  SelfConfident is get from the Xperience How long since you call the stored procedure from you site before you got the timeout issue? And the execution time (0 se...

Time Sync Problem
Dear All, I meet time sync problem. Now I say my situation. 4 Novell 4.11 servers and one TREE. Recently, the server time is late 3mins compare with actual time. So I try to adjust it and follow the below method: Load monitor-->Server parameter-->Time--->At time schedule, add the parameter (+00:03:00). After the server run one day, I discover 4 server time is not match. but i try to run dsrepair to test it without any error . I want to ask how to solve it, help me??? Thanks TT Please copy&paste sys:system\timesync.cfg from each server. Also, copy&...

time sync problem
One of my Netware 5.1 server giving me "Time is NOT syncronized on the network" when I typed "time" at the console prompt. When I set it to Debug, it shows that " theServer will not be used as it is a configured source". I don't what that means. Please help. My environment: we have five Netware 5.1 w/sp5 servers. One Single and four Secondary. Three secondary servers are OK, except one that giving me this error. All servers have the latest and same timesync.nlm. Please help!... Thanks, Calvin Please post the sys:system\timesync...

Web resources about - Time Sync Problem #2 - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Martin Place, we have a problem
A change in global conditions means that the positive economic momentum provided by a weakened Aussie dollar could soon come to a screeching ...

Apple’s App Store has a copyright infringement problem, business owner claims
... iOS apps scraping content from the web and packaging it in paid apps. While developer relations issues often get a lot of attention, the problem ...

Marco Rubio accidentally stumbles on the problem with religious pandering
... plan for the universe and for our lives that we are just not going to know the answer to. God’s ways are not our ways.” There are two problems ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

Apple's App Store has a copyright problem
... then made more apps — all of which are paid-for — and Raub says Apple is unwilling to help this time. 9to5Mac points out that this problem ...

Just Cause 3 PC graphics problems reported
Fans complain of visual bugs and glitches as developer cites issues with latest AMD graphics drivers.

Obama Claims Fish Swim In Miami Streets Because Of Climate Change — There’s Only One Problem
Obama Claims Fish Swim In Miami Streets Because Of Climate Change — There’s Only One Problem

A patch for Just Cause 3's performance problems is in the works
... of the best open-world tools ever”. It seems like it's a good game, but there have also been a lot of complaints about huge technical problems ...

Obama: Climate Problem Can Be Solved
... Barack Obama said Tuesday global warming posed economic and security risks that had to be tackled immediately, but insisted the climate problem ...