SSH for Netware v5.0

Is an SSH server available for NW?  My net admin is closing port 21 on
our
corporate firewall so FTP access will only be limited to SSH access
from
now on.  I need to set something up ASAP.

Please reply via email; thanks.

Best,

Roy Marquez

0
roy_marquez
3/26/2003 5:18:16 AM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

As far as I know. No.
Why not have him allow ftp only to your
netware box?
Brad B

roy_marquez@earthlink.net wrote:

> Is an SSH server available for NW?  My net admin is closing port 21
on our
> corporate firewall so FTP access will only be limited to SSH access
from
> now on.  I need to set something up ASAP.
>
> Please reply via email; thanks.
>
> Best,
>
> Roy Marquez

0
Brad
3/26/2003 5:33:25 AM
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 05:18:16 GMT roy_marquez@earthlink.net wrote:

> Is an SSH server available for NW?  My net admin is closing port 21
on our
> corporate firewall so FTP access will only be limited to SSH access
from
> now on.  I need to set something up ASAP.

Firstly I doubt Novell (or anyone else for that matter) will
specifically release this sort of feature for NetWare 5.0 since it is
no
longer supported by Novell.

However I believe that the next version of NetWare (6.5 a.k.a. Nakoma)

will have some OpenSSH functionality provided which possibly (very
outside chance) that it could be made to work on NetWare 5.1 (I'm
hoping
that it might be possible to get it working with NetWare 6.0).

HTH

Simon

0
Simon
3/27/2003 10:37:27 AM
Simon Flood <smf34@cam.ac.uk> expounded:

> However I believe that the next version of NetWare (6.5 a.k.a.
Nakoma)
> will have some OpenSSH functionality provided which possibly (very

Oooooo... that will be VERY nice.

--
Novell, it does a network good

0
corwin

Netware 5.0 merge into netware 6.0 tree
I have a single school on a Netware 5.0 server and want to merge them into a Netware 6.0 sp3 tree of 7 different servers and running edirectory 8.7.1. From what I read on the site about mergin with edirectory 8.7.1, botht he target tree and the source tree must have the same edirectory version. BUt edir 8.7.1 says you need 5.1 or later netware server and I do not have that. Is there a way for me to merge the netware 5.0 tree as source into the netware 6 tree without having to first upgrade the server OS (which is out of the question since the school will be closing after ne...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 5.0 (NDS 7.51) migration to Netware 6.0
I have been researching this for a couple of months and will be doing the migration next week. There are so many different ideas out there that it is really starting to get confusing. What are the complete steps that I need, for my situation. Can anyone help me out? We have 1 Netware 5.0 running NDS 7.51 What are the detailed steps I need in order to prepare for the migration? Migrating to new hardware Netware 6.0 with pre-migration install & nw6sp3e applied. Besides my notes I have not actually completed any other steps at this time. What other preparation should I complete ...

Netware 5.0 sp6.0a to Netware 6.5 sp6.0 migration
When verifying my migration project the Novell Migration Wizart version 8.1.5 I get the following error. File 'SYS:INSTALL' on BHS_SERVER was not found. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- Network error: Path invalid (Error code: 0X899c Function Name: NWGetEffectiveRightsExt) I have gone through all of the pre-migration steps and everything checks out fine up until this poing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- roberteleejr Check the following document on general migration recommendations; http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_W...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. I would patch NW50 to the latest SP. Then run the deployment manager from the NetWare 6.5 CD. It will give you an idea what will be needed on your current servers. Good Luck. <phil.bec@culture.gov.uk> wrote in message news:9tPVb.4154$6M5.1896@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What are the minimum SP levels for 5.0 in order > to install Netware 6.5 into a existing Netware 5.0 tree. > Use the deployment manager to verify system levels. Also download the...

Netware 6.5 and netware 5.0
Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can I do this, and what is the best procedure ? Do I need to update the 5.0 servers (Patches, DS. nlms). I am not going to install Edirectory on the 5.0 servers - don't think I can anyway. Do I need to extend the schema on the existing 5.0 servers before introducing 6.5 servers and Edir 8.7 into this tree ? , > Currently have a number of 5.0 servers - 1 tree. I want to introduce two > 6.5 servers into this tree running Edirectory 8.7. Can ...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
We would like to upgrade our Netware 5.0 server to Netware 6.5, and I am looking for a plan of attack. Attempts thus far have failed: We have 5.0 on a 38G drive partitioned into several volumes, with another 38G partitioned into a couple of volumes available for other data, and an unused 8G drive. Everything is backed up to tape. We use the server to run Groupwise, and the Netscape enterprise web server also. If I boot the 6.5CD from DOS, it will let me install a new 6.5 server. Not what I want. If I mount it in NW5.0, and use the GUI to install it, it fails with...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

SSH for netware 6.0
I have been told several times that there is a version of ssh for Netware 6.0, but I can't find it. The best I have been able to find is instructions to copy it from a 6.5 server, but i don't have any 6.5 servers. Does anyone know (1) if ssh exists for 6.0 and, if it does, (2) where do I find it? John Curran There's an OpenSSH project on Novell Forge: http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?openssh It claims to be designed for 6.5 but says it MAY work with earlier version. Besides known memory corruption (regardless of NW version) bugs it works the same...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 #2
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks It is not possible to do an in place upgrade from NW 5.0 to 6.5, e.g. an upgrade on the same server. An in place upgrade requires NW 5.1 or 6.0. However an in place ...

Netware 6.0 vs Netware 6.5
I am planning on upgrading my Netware 5.1 server to boost performance. I own Netware 6, but my subscription advantage ran out before I could get Netware 6.5. Are there any major flaws with Netware 6.0? I have one server running Netware 5.1 with eDir 85.01. All it does is handle website authentication via LDAP to NDS. It is very busy and the CPU redlines most of the time. I am beefing up with new hardware and want to upgrade it to Netware 6 as well. thanks, Hi, matt.pittman@irwinmortgage.com wrote: > > I am planning on upgrading my Netwa...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware 6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine. What are the specials one has to look after? Thak you You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process. Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Having used Migration Wizard 7.1 to migrate 5.0 to 6.5 I cannot recommend that route. I have seen others in these forums have the same problems I saw. A stepped migra...

Web resources about - SSH for Netware v5.0 - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ