Secure FTP

Hi,

I am currently running NW5.1 with FTP running on it. I have downloaded
and
installed version 5.04h of NWFTPD.NLM which from TID 2966658 I belive
has
secure FTP support.

My only question what configuration, if any, is required on the server
end
to enable secure FTP.

Thanks

Leigh

0
Leigh011
1/4/2004 1:15:16 AM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,

I believe all you need is a valid SSL cert (KMO) assocaited with the
server object ... and, of course, a "tested" ftps client ..

Peter
Novell Product Support Forum
'NDS Rules!'

0
Peter

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Netware 6.5 and secure FTP
I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the wrong group, I apologies. Is Netware 6.5 capable of doing FTP/Implicit SSL over port 990? If so, how is this configured? In testing, I have only been able to do SSL over port 21. But I have an app that will only do Implicit SSL on 990. -- daybrite ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/03/2010 17:06, daybrite wrote: > I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the > wrong group, I apologies. Maybe http://forums.nove...

Secure FTP on Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Tools, Tools, Tools
</quot> Couple useful things for IT admins out there. I've packaged up Werner and Feder's PoC scanner via py2exe here. You can now simply run: </end_quot> http://www.doxpara.com/ -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Securing a NetWare 6.5 FTP server....
Hello all.... I have a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server and I am looking into securing the downloads to it. My goals are two-fold: 1. I would like to make it as secure as possible. 2. I would like to make it as easy as possible on my existing users of this FTP server without compromising goal #1. How do I do this? (And, please, speak slowly and assume that I know nothing about setting up an FTP server because I actually know next to nothing. Detailed instructions are encouraged and would be greatly appreciated.) Thanks in advance. Delon E. Weuve Senior Network Engineer ...

Secure FTP server for NetWare (NLM or JAVA based)
Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if i can. thanks, chip Netware 6.5 has one that is part of openssh I couldn't find any binaries for it but it looks like one is on its way. A search through the documentation for netware 6.5 will tell you some of its features however it seems useless for nw6 right now. if any one else reads will there be a binary that will work with nw6? JH > Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, ...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7 #2
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Web App Admin Tool Security Wizard not working
All: Can't get the security wizard to work.  Had a hell of a time even getting the web site admin tool to even work and still have a few inconsistentcies, but the only serious problem I have left is getting the security wizard to launch.  Of course, this is not a serious problem as I've learned enough about the machine.config, web.config, and even the IIS ASP.Net tab at the global and app levels to keep going forward. However, I've learned that minor things like this can become a huge problem later.  Anyway, has any experienced this sort of behavior?  If so, how did you...

Web Admin Tool--Security--Create New Users
I try to make a new user entry and in the admin tool and it gives me the error that the password needs to be at least 7 letters and contain at least one non-alphanumeric #.  I've tried various passwords that conform to this and it still gives me this error.  I don't know what the problem is??  Does anyone else? A simple password that conforms to this would be: pass!word1 Is that not working?-Stefan----------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That works, thanks....

Problem connecting to security tab in web site admin tool
hi i can't connect to security tab in website admin tool. i keep recieving the error 26 and 40 that i need some remote connection opened for sql server, it isn't even installed because it failed and this came up: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, erro...

Web site admin tool gives error under Security tab
Hi. I'm trying to enable Roles/Memberships via the Active Directory; however, it keeps giving the following error when I switch to the Security tab. I'm already using the Active Directory to successfully handle authentication via a Login control. When I switch to the Provider tab, the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider is working okay when I test it; under the Role Provider, I see only a ASPNETSQLRoleProvider and ASPNETWindowsTokenRoleProvider (checked). The app uses the AD to authenticate users (and that works fine), but I'd also like to use it to manage their roles and memberships. The app ...

Security Services 2.0.1 ( and 2.0.2 ) and NetWare FTP
I have problems ( can�t login ) to login to all NetWare FTP servers after installing SS 2.0.1 ( and no change after installing 2.0.2 ). Same problem is with NetWare Screen Saver on NW 6.5 servers. I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running nw65sp5 > I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers > running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running > nw65sp5 > Jeff, I�m on eDir 8.7.3.8, there is a problem. D...

Web Site Admin Tool -> Tab Security -> Unable to connect
Hi, i´ve installed VS 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. I was trying to access the Web Site Administration Tool to use membership. I was getting the error that i did not have a database, so i used aspnet_regsql and created one successfully (i checked in sql server management and the db was there). But know when i click the security tab, the folowing error appears: "There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being en...

Netware FTP vs. OES2L FTP
Guys, running Netware FTP for customers to dump some files via FTP to my NSS volumes. Does this really work exactly the same with OES2 Linux FTP (pure-ftpd) ? Can a user login with eDir account and get right into there homedir on the NSS volume on OES2 Linux? Or other common NSS volume/dir. Cheers, Anders -- -- Technical Consultant KERFI AB, Sweden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes, using pure-ftpd on OES2 Linux, you can get access to NSS volumes using an eDirectory user. 'Novell Documentation' (http://www...

Web resources about - Secure FTP - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital or ( SD ) is a non-volatile memory card format for use in portable devices, such as mobile phones , digital cameras , GPS navigation ...

Facebook To Users: ‘Add Your Phone Number To Help Secure Your Account’
Some Facebook users are seeing alerts above the Graph Search bars on their News Feeds , prompting them to “Add your phone number to help secure ...

SecuSUITE for Enterprise enables secure calling and messaging
... iOS and BlackBerry operating systems. By using the VoIP, software-based, cloud-hosted solution, employees will be able to conduct secure conversations ...

Apple's iOS just became a secure SharePoint client for enterprise IT
Regular readers will know I’m keeping an eye on Apple’s growing enterprise credentials , and it looks like iPad Pro has taken these a few steps ...

French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead
French Authorities Secure Concert Hall: 12 Freed, 100 Dead

Hypocrite Rubio abandoned immigration reform, saying ‘secure the border first.’ Hey, Marco: It is.
... for the undocumented—and then voted against it. Now, his presidential campaign’s website has a page on immigration with the title “Secure the ...

The Dojo gateway secures your smart TV and other home devices
... mess and it's a target for hackers. The Foscam baby monitor hack reminded everyone that anything that's on a network needs to be secure and ...

Three Secure Holiday Shopping Moves
There are lots of ways to save money this holiday season. Here's one approach that will prevent you from getting gobsmacked.

Secure your Internet
Secure your Internet

‘Terror’ in the Spotlight: ‘US’ Far More Secure Among World Countries: Report
According to a US State Department report published in June, while in global terms terrorism continues to spark headlines around the world, it ...