Secure FTP on Netware 5.1 SP7

I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole
purpose of having secure FTP.  The problem is I have no idea how to get
this going.  My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this
service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces
due to possible security issues/concerns.  I have another Netware 5.1 SP6
server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to
disrupt connections.  The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on
the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together.
So, I'm kinda at a loss and am having trouble locating any information in
the knowledge base.  Please help.  TIA
0
william
6/16/2004 3:31:57 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

William,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7 #2
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware 5.1 SP7 to Netware 6.5 SP1b
Did first in-place upgrade in Production yesterday. Two issues: 1) Install seemed to hang at the very end. Closing installation files. (We let it set for 20 minutes and then closed diaglog box). Then was able to restart server. Server was not hung. 2) Can not access iManager Do I have to recreate CA for 6.5? My test network which has different hardware works. I will compare results. Any suggestions on what I can try next. thanks, Linda Was finally able to get iManager to work. Found several tids. TIDS 10068769, 10086939, 10087650, 10088796...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then up...

NetWare 6.5 + NetWare 5.1 in same tree
I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7, can I go straight from SP5 to SP7, or do I need to go from SP6 to SP7, and how will that affect the NW51SP8 node? thanks -- Arjen_Robben ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You should be able to go direct -- the 5.1 SP8 should be ok here. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Arjen_Robben wrote: > > I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch > the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7...

Web resources about - Secure FTP on Netware 5.1 SP7 - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ