Save documents from server

Is there anyway to save documents from the server to a floppy (like
log
files)?

novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You mean, without using the workstation as of saving directly from
the server console to a floppy ?
If so, you can use TOOLBOX (LOAD TOOLBOX) and the use the copy command

from this utility. If you don't have TOOLBOX in the server, you can
find
it at
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2958910.htm

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
3/24/2003 7:58:19 PM
Yes, that is the type of thing I was looking for.

Thanks,

"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message

> You mean, without using the workstation as of saving directly from
> the server console to a floppy ?
> If so, you can use TOOLBOX (LOAD TOOLBOX) and the use the copy
command
> from this utility. If you don't have TOOLBOX in the server, you can
find
> it at
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2958910.htm

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Glad to help.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
3/24/2003 8:08:22 PM
I just realized that without being able to connect to the server via
workstation, I can't copy that nlm over from a workstation.  Can I
pull off

> Glad to help.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Your server should have it (did you try loading and failed ?) else you

can download the file, place it in a floppy and LOAD A:TOOLBOX

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
3/24/2003 8:32:41 PM
Aha!

That'll work.  Thanks again.

> Your server should have it (did you try loading and failed ?) else
you
> can download the file, place it in a floppy and LOAD A:TOOLBOX
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

Glad to help.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
3/24/2003 9:50:01 PM
There are a couple other utils out there as well.

CPQFM.nlm - from Compaq, allows access to A:, C:, and any
volume/directory.
CC.nlm - a dual pained util similar to xtree gold of years past.

Take a look at www.novellshareware.com for these.

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Principal Consultant

0
Timothy

Netware Web Server will not serve documents from an additional document directory
Hi We have an almost working Netware Enterprise Web server (3.6.1) for an intranet based upon an SBS 6.0 server with SP5. This has been set up with all config default settings in its own tree. If we hold our documents in a subdirectory below SYS:\NSearch\docs then all works fine after regenerating the default Netware Web Search index. Netware Web Search brings up a results list (nice and fast) and any of these hits will go quickly straight to the document selected via the default /novellsearch URL and display it. However, if we move the documents to another folder say SYS:...

Server Admin tool
Hi my server people have informed me that there is a tool that I can access the server with.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?   Many Thanks howlinhuskie Do you mean for administering SQL Server 2005?If yes, then they probably meant SQL Server Express Management Studio. It's a free tool and it can be downloaded here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ HTHMy blogs: www.snowball.bewww.codeflakes.net Thanks for looking in on me.  I have this installed,  I am really just getting started with ASP.NET.  Can this tool access the ...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

How to edit Msword document stored in server repository at client and save changes back at server using asp.net 2.0 just like sharepoint
[ASP.NET2.0,C#,MSWORD2003] I have a Folder containing all Msword documents.This folder is located in my asp.net web application.I am presenting these word files as links to download.Every thing is working fine ,like when a user clicks on a link the Msword file gets down loaded to client machime . what i want to do from here is to open the file at client system when ever users clicks the displayed links and ,allow him to edit the file and when ever he clicks save i want to reflect the changes made to document at server just like the sharepoint word document library....

SQL Server Admin tool
Hello, I am looking for an ASP.NET tool that allows me to access a SQL Server remotly. We have created a database and would like to begin populating the tables before development of our site. The main funtionality I am looking for is to be able to view all tables within a database in the SQL Server. Also, I would like to be able to insert data into these tables. Is anyone aware of a tool like this? Thanks a lot!! The SQL Server Web dataAdministrator.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Thank you very much for your response. I have looke...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Saving documents on server side.
** Warning: possibly big newbie question below. ** Greetings, Part of a web application I am developing involves generation of word documents (which I do using Word COM object) based on data provided by the client and then the application has to store them on the server. However, I have yet to find the proper way in which to provide the paths needed both to save the document on the server and to load the template. I thought something like 'folder-to-store-stuff/document.doc' or '/folder-to-store-stuff/document.doc' would work but..well, it didn't (Folders ex...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

ePO and saving to NetWare servers
Hi We have a NetWare6 SP2 server on our site and rolled out ePO 3.0.1 about 2 months ago. We now have a problem where saving to the NetWare server takes incredibly long, 5 mins for an Excel spreadsheet, and then results in a file with a hexadecimal name and no extension being created (eg. A75BD9). This causes confusion amongst the users as they can't see where the file they saved has gone. We discovered that if we unload NetShield this problem stops, but we then have .tmp files being created everytime we save a file on the NetWare server, the same size as the original fil...

Tools to baseline Netware servers
Greets I'm looking for any toolsets that allow one to create baselines of their Netware servers. Something that will allow you to create reports or some such form of recorded statistics - preferably those already in monitor.nlm. Ideally, it should also be able to be utilised as a capture utility to look at the performance counters of the performance of a netware box over the last x hours/days/etc taiss@crownltd.com.au, > Greets > > I'm looking for any toolsets that allow one to create baselines of > their Netware servers. Something th...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

Server crashes when word document is saved
When ever I try to save a word document on the server server hungs up and crashes after sometime. This is happening with only one machine on the network. We are using microsoft office 2003. We are tried other versions of office products and we even tried changing the OS. But problem still persists. Please help. I'm afraid you've provided nowhere near enough info for us to be able to help you. What version of NetWare, SP, DS, Clustering, and client32 are involved? When the server hangs, what exactly happens? Can you get into the debugger? Has it abended? High utilization? I...

Tool to check for updates for Netware Servers
During the Y2K whoopla there was a tool that I could use to run against my Netware servers and ensure that they had the correct version of patches and nlm's. Is this tool still in existance, or if not, is there a replacement? Thanks, Cheryl "Correct" is a relative term. There are patches I recommend, and ones I would never put on a server. There is a config reader that will read the text output of the config.nlm that will check for patches. http://support.novell.com/produpdate/patchlist.html Under tools at the bottom you will find the config.nl...

Web resources about - Save documents from server - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Minister Mal Brough hands over documents to police relating to Slipper-Ashby case
Special Minister of State Mal Brough has confirmed he has handed over documents relating to the disclosure of former speaker Peter Slipper's ...

Leaked Lyft financial documents show the company is burning money and missing its revenue projections ...
Leaked financial documents suggest that in the first half of the year, Uber competitor Lyft generated less revenue and lost more money than it ...

Brooks Ayers apologizes for faking documents, won’t admit faking cancer
... the bills but it sounds like he’s still insisting he had cancer. What?! “Words cannot express the deep regret that I have in fabricating documents ...

Undercover video documents abuse at Minnesota slaughterhouse
Chicago Tribune Undercover video documents abuse at Minnesota slaughterhouse Chicago Tribune An undercover video taken at one of the nation's ...

Canadian Solar Submits Documents For Yieldco IPO
Canadian Solar has submitted documentation to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed yieldco IPO. One advantage of a yieldco ...

The State Department Asked Me To Return Documents That Were Mailed To Me
The State Department Asked Me To Return Documents That Were Mailed To Me

Supreme Court stays out of Planned Parenthood documents fight
... and the Obama administration Monday, by refusing to take up a challenge by New Hampshire Right to Life to try to get the organization's documents ...

Design documents for a sequel to Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura uncovered
... what the story would have been, or really anything else about it. Fast forward 14 years and RPG Codex has managed to uncover a design document ...

Multimedia Artist Tony Oursler Documents Personal Archive in 'Imponderable' Exhibit and Book
'Imponderable' is the title of Tony Oursler's current exhibition at LUMA Westbau in Zurich. Curated by Beatrix Ruf and Tom Eccles of the LUMA ...