Netware error

what would cause the following error: Mount Error: cannot remove mount
point/volumes/Server name.  I have Netware ver 5.1.9f running on top of
Mac OS 10.
0
campbell
12/3/2004 6:23:25 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess we need a lot more of explanation on what exactly you are
running. Especially the following sentence does not make much sense to

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.5.2)
0

http://www.prosofteng.com/support/netware_x_ip.php?faq=99

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.5.2)
0
Marcel

Netware Admin System Error
I am recieving the following when I try to get rights information for a user. Just set up NWAdmin on a WinXP PC environment. Worked on my Win2000 PC. How do I fix? 0x899D 157 NWE_DIRHANDLE_NO_MORE: No more directory handles available; the directory handle table is full. Each user may have up to 255 directory handles. What version of Novell Client ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Error installing Netware 5.1: line 9 in netware.ils (setvar)
When it tries to mount the Install CD (loading CDINST.NLM) occurs the error: An attempt to mount cd-rom volume nw51 as a NetWare volume failed. Control will be switched to the system console screen, where you may view the error explanation (nwconfig-5-391) and then shows this error: An error ocurred while parsing file "c:\nwinst.tmp\netware.ils", line 9, at or near word or symbol "SetVar". Error description: Syntax Error. (nwconfig-5-232) The line is: SetVar true, 1 In the console, issuing a HELP SETVAR don't work, bu...

Error while attempting a remote Netware Server backup with Backup exec ver 9.2 for Netware
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050806080605070402090901 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello: I am wondering if any one seen this specific issue or anything similar ? This error shows up in backup execs log only when trying to backup a remote Netware OES server ( oes SP2 i.e. 6.5SP5 plus TSAUP19, plus other post SP5 patches.) Using the newest build of BEXEC. Backup of the local filesystem on the media server is error free. Remote backup produces the issue. Backup to disk folder on the med...

NetWare 5.1 Small Business upgrade to NetWare 6.5 SBS fatal error
Attempt to upgrade NetWare 5.1 Small Business to NetWare 6.5 SBS failed with fatal error. In-place upgrade on Compaq ML350 G2, existing NOS is NW5.1 SBS running SP8. Running NW65OSSP2 overlay CD, process ran smoothly through selection of server software components, upon start of file copy fatal error message is displayed. Same result with minimal install of basic NetWare server and GroupWise only. Full text of the error message is: "Fatal error: Path null is invalid or not recognizable." Additional information is available in SYS:\NI\Data\ni.log and other files...

Netware to Netware migration or P2V?
Im in the process of virtualizing all our servers to VMWare ESX 3.5. We have a server that is NW 6.5 SP7, runs ZENWorks 7 and holds all of our application files as well as images. Im trying to figure out the best way to virtual this server. Usually its a pretty straight forward process, but Id like to downsize the VOL1 volume so its not taking up so much space on our SAN. VOL1 is 890GB total, but only has 230GB used. Id rather not "waste" that space on the SAN untils its truly needed. Im curious how everyone would approach this: would you do the P2V and somehow shrin...

Netware 6 and Netware 5
Have to upgrade a 3.12 server. Already have a 5.0 server. Is there any problem installing a NW 6 server into a network that consists of a NW 5 Server with master nds on NW 5? We cannot upgrade the NW 5 server just yet. Thanks Tim Patch the nw5 server to the latest support pack and ds version and use the deployment manager to prepare your tree and you should be fine I'd say. Cheers, Edward "Tim Well" <timwell2000@nycity.com.com> wrote in message news:R40He.13942$Y_1.4568@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Have to upgrade a 3.12 server. Already hav...

Netware Admin
Im running xp and i have the netware client software installed for my college class. I copied the win32 file from my class server to use netware admin32 and when i double click on it the logo for the admin pops up and just hangs there. The mouse shows like its still loading and the processes show the cpu working at a max rate. Any help would be great so that i can do my assignments from home instead of the lab. Thanks! Do you have a NetWare server to connect to? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Netware admin
my question is how to disable the print notification on a print server in netware admin or any other way? thank you What kind of print notification are you talking about? NDPS print notifications, notifications fo rprint queues or somethign else? -- Marcel Cox (Sysop) Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com And if its a hardware print server such as JetDirect, its in the JD config .... -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware Admin and SLES 9 admin rights
Hi, How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 OS. I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes through iManager (logged in as the Netware administrator) I receive the error message 'CIO error, permission denied". Thank you. Zavi, > Hi, > > How can I check or assign admin rights to Netware admin account on SLES 9 > OS. Just as you normally do within NetWare using C1 or iManager, check that your admin is a trustee of root with all rights assigned. > I am running OES Linux and when creating NSS volumes thro...

Web resources about - Netware error - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ