Netware Admin GroupWise view problem

Ok, I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how to even ask my
question, so I'm apologizing from the start but here it goes.  When I am
in NetAdmin in the GroupWise view window, I used to be able to begin to
type a user's name and it would highlight each name as I typed more
letters.  For instance, if I typed my ID, I'd type "e" and it would move
and highlight the name at the start of the E's.  Then I'd type "et" and
it would highlight the start of the users who begin with "et".  I'd
type "etr" and it would highlight the user that began with "etr" and so
on.

I recently got a new laptop and now NetAdmin does not behave this way.
If I type "e", it will move to some random location, usually in the
letter before the one I type.  So, when I type "e", it moves me somewhere
in the middle of the d's, and nothing is highlighted as it would be
before.

The strange thing is that this runs off of our network and there are five
others who use it, and it works as expected.  It's only mine that behaves
this way.  Could there be a conflict with some other piece of software?
I'm currently running Novell 4.91 sp1.  I've spoken with our Network
Admin and she has no idea why it is behaving this way.

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

Emily
0
etriguer
11/14/2005 8:24:35 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you are running the same version of netadmin as before, the
difference can only be your PC. First guess would be the code page in
use on it.

Whatever it is, it's not a NetWare server problem.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
11/14/2005 10:21:53 PM
> If you are running the same version of netadmin as before, the
> difference can only be your PC. First guess would be the code page in
> use on it.
>
> Whatever it is, it's not a NetWare server problem.
> --
>   Andrew C Taubman
>   Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>   http://support.novell.com/forums
>   (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>   Opinions expressed above are not
>   necessarily those of Novell Inc.

I realize it's my computer, but I was hoping that someone had run into
this before and new what the conflict was or how to resolve the problem.
This computer is set up the same way as my other one, so I'm at a loss as
to what is causing the problem.
0
etriguer
11/15/2005 4:37:26 PM
You might try in the client32 forum.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
  http://support.novell.com/forums

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
11/15/2005 11:20:22 PM
etriguer@kss.org wrote:

> I recently got a new laptop and now NetAdmin does not behave this
> way.

Does it /only/ happen with NWAdmin or perhaps also with other tools?

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

> Does it /only/ happen with NWAdmin or perhaps also with other tools?
>
> --
>

> Peter
> eDirectory Rules!

It -seems- to happen only withh NWAdmin; I don't use very many other
tools that behave the same way.  However, with the applications that have
similar features, they seem to work as expected.

I'll try posting in the client32 forum as Andrew recommended.

Thanks!!!

0
etriguer
11/28/2005 9:35:35 PM
I'm not convinced that it is Client32 related but I do think it is
workstation-related and not that NWAdmin itself. Best of luck.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!