Netware 5.1 Live CD/ISO

Hi,
I was told that there is a Novell Netware 5.1 live CD/Iso that can be
downloaded that can be used to boot off of that will load an
evaluation/trial virtual 5.1 netware server that is interactive where
you can create accounts and use the different functions until you eject
the CD or turn off the computer.  Do any of you guys know where I can
find this or the link?  Also, if there is one for netware 6x and 4x,
that would be great.  Appreciated it.  Thanks.

Mitch

--
maronson25

maronson25
7/4/2010 1:56:02 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To my best knowledge, there has never been a NetWare live CD in the
sense you described it. What there has been with NetWare 6.0 and 6.5 was
the Digital Airlines demo. That was a bootable installation CD that
without asking any configuration questions would create the Digital
Airlines demo server on the server from which you booted the CD. The
demo itself however was installed on the computers hard disk.
Those Digital Airlines demo CDs no longer seem to be avaible for
download. What remains are the installation CDs for NetWare 5.1, 6.0 and
6.5 which can be used for test installations if you use the license file
contained on the CD itself:
NetWare 5.1 (SP8 overlay):
'NOVELL: Downloads - NW51SP8 English-Espa?ol Overlay CD (128bit)'
(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=t006GFCPuVI~)

NetWare 6.0 (SP5 overlay)
'NOVELL: Downloads - NW6SP5 English-Espa?ol Overlay CD (128bit)'
(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=ho4DSu3d_I0~)

NetWare 6.5 (SP8 overlay)
'NOVELL: Downloads - NetWare 6.5 SP8 e Media Kit'
(http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=dpIR3H1ymhk~)

--
Marcel Cox
Marcel_Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8

0
Marcel
7/5/2010 6:26:02 AM
PS. What exactly are you trying to achivie? You should be aware that
NetWare 5.1 is a 10 year old NetWare version. Even the latest NetWare
version, 6.5, is considered obselete by now. Getting any older NetWare
version (before 6.5 SP8) to work on modern hardware will probably be a
huge challange because of the issue of finding proper drivers.

--
Marcel Cox
Marcel_Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=414875

0
Marcel

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

netware 5.1 sp8 in a mixed netware 5.0 / 5.1 nds7 tree
Any problems doing an overlay SP8 for Netware 5.1 (on only 1 server, the backup server) in a mixed environment and then upgrading Groupwise and Primary File Server later on off-hours? Specifically, the question is, all servers in the tree are NDS 7.62b The SP8 seems to require NDS 8.x. Will this 1 server running NDS 8.x cause a problem in the same tree with all the other 7.62b servers? It shouldn't cause a problem -- heck, NW 5.1 SP8 will 'play' with NW 4.2 servers (DS 6.21). -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a couple of years ago, make sure that you can replace the SAA nlms incase they are overwritten and then off you go. The nice part about SAA4.0 is that all the config is in DS and therefore the update is easy. Tim On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:56:33 GMT, ger@euronet.nl wrote: >Dear sirs, > >I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware >4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. > >This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on >netware 5.1. > >Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? >If so, >Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? >What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? >After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? > >Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. > >Thanks in advance > >Ger van...

netware 5.0 to netware 5.1
1.Do I need a new licence from netware 5.0 to 5.1? 2.If I lost my floppy licence for my netware 5.0 installation, can I retreive it from the server? I'm trying to virtualize 3 netware 5.0 servers and unfortunaly my client lost the floppy licence. So what I tried is to install a fresh copy of netware 5.0 on a vm but without a big success. So that why I'm looking to move to netware 5.1 Thanks Eric -- xd5916 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ IIRC Netware 5.1 requires a new license. You might want to contact Novell and s...

Netware 5.1 and Netware 6.5 together
Hello, I have 8 Netware 5.1 servers. I like to install two Netware 6.5 servers into my Netware 5.1 tree. Will that cause any problems? How will eDirectory know if the client access uses the Netware 5.1 liceence or the Netware 6.5 license? Any suggestion is really appreciated. Thanks, calvin > I have 8 Netware 5.1 servers. I like to install two Netware 6.5 servers into > my Netware 5.1 tree. Will that cause any problems? The biggest thing to look at is what version of eDirectory you have on the 5.1 machines. What version(s) do you have? > ...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade
I currently have 2 netware 5.1 servers and want to upgrade to netware 6.5. The Netware 5.1 servers are running NDS 7.47. Should I upgrade to edir on the netware 5.1 servers before the migration, if so what are the steps, as I read the update on the netware 5.1 download section that said that the edir update cannot be applied to a 5.1 server running NDS 7.x or can I use NDS 7.47 on the 5.1 server during the migration process? Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums) If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot. Good luck! Your Novell Product Support Forums Team http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Upgrade to Netware 6.5 from Netware 5.1
Currently on NW5.1 with a few servers at main and remote offices. Want (need) to upgrade to newer NOS, so my logical choice would be OES with the Netware option (and so that I can start playing with the Linux option). On the training side I'd appreciate a few pointers. I currently have a NW5.1 CNA and several years experience. I'd like to get the necessary training to be able to upgrade and administer Netware 6.5, hopefully with some exposure to the Linux flavor on the side to get me started. Preferably a certfication would help but not mandatory. In the old days I&...

Upgrade Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I have Netware 5.1 SP7 & eDirectory 8.7.03 with 4 servers. I would like to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.5 but only 3 can be upgraded at the same time as 1 server is in a remote office. Should I upgrade the master server in the root partition first? Also, will the upgrade change the eDirectory version? Should I upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3.3 immediately after the Netware 6.5 upgrade? Please help. Thanks Che From the eDirectory point of view, your servers are already up to date. So an upgrade to NW 6.5 will not upgrade your eDirectory and as such will not create comp...

NetWare 6.5 + NetWare 5.1 in same tree
I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7, can I go straight from SP5 to SP7, or do I need to go from SP6 to SP7, and how will that affect the NW51SP8 node? thanks -- Arjen_Robben ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You should be able to go direct -- the 5.1 SP8 should be ok here. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Arjen_Robben wrote: > > I have 7 NW65SP5 and 1 NW51SP8 nodes in the same tree, I need to patch > the NW65SP5 nodes to SP7...

Netware 6.5 & Netware 5.1
We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present tree? I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the recommendation, but for various reasons we are not going to upgrade DS. Hi, marmagnac@ochsner.org wrote: > > We currently are running NW 5.1, NDS 8.85c. > Are there any ramifications installing a NW 6.5 server into our present > tree? As long as you execute the deployment manager once, no. > I realize the upgrading NDS 8.85c to eDirectory would be the > recommendation, but ...

Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 upgrade.
I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to upgrade them to Netware 6.5. I will upgrade one server, then the others will be upgraded in a couple of months. Is it best to upgrade my master replica first so my replica in a mixed environment is a 6.5 server? Or at least make my master replica server whatever server I upgrade to 6.5? If so why? Hi, lanman7777@hotmail.com wrote: > > I have 3 Netware 5.1 servers, sp7, and directory 8.7.3.0. and want to > upgrade them to Netware 6.5. > I will upgrade one server, then the others will be up...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5
Hi, I plan to migrate my 4 Netware 5.1 servers to netware 6.5. What action do I have to do first?Upgrade DS version, latest patchs... My configuration is : - Netware 5.1 SP5 - DHCP is running - NDPS Broker, Manager - DS version 10330.03 - ZfD 3.2 - DirXml 1.1 + passwordSync I also plan to migrate to NIM 2.0 (or IDM, I don't know how to call that!) and ZEN 4 What is the best method?Any feedback experience on projects like this would really be appreciate! Email is also acceptable! Regards, Maurice TADANG I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then upgrade to eDir 8.7.3.2 (one less thing to upgrade during the migration. Don't forget to do a NDS health check TID 10060600 Are you looking to do in place or across the wire? -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sysop Hi Timothy, It's kind of being more difficult than what I previously said. Let me explain : - I have two netware 5.1 server on one site that I want to upgrade to a two node cluster Netware 6.x, and connect it to a SAN (HP MSA1000) What would be the best way? Migrate each node to netware 6.x first?Then install NCS? Install the latest edirectory patch for Netware 5.1, then upgrade? The hardware will remain the same. Maurice > I would apply the sp7 patch to the 5.1 servers, then upgrade to eDir > 8.7.3.2 (one less thing to upgrade during the migration. > > Don&#...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > > Source server: > > 1.) System files are already earmarked to go into Sys.mig folder on Destination server and cannot be dealt with. These are the files/folders in question. > > Apache > Deleted.sav > Install > INW_WEB > JAVA13 > LIB > Mail Server Logs > NAV > ndps > NETBASIC > nis_temp > Novonyx > NSearch > NSR > ODBC > PATCHES > PROGRAMS > QUEUES > senlm > SNAPSHOT > STARTUP > SYS > TEMP > tomcat > tsaup10 > WEB > webapps > Websphere > wsock > And a few non-essential files in the root of SYS...this is a SYS only > server and doubles as our webserver. I've not included folders that don't need to be transferred. > > My question is: Do we simply have to transfer these files into the root of SYS on the Destination server? We ge...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

In-place upgrade from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade? There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are: Netware 5.1 SP8 Netware 5.1 SP7 NDS 7.62c NDS7.61 Thanks for any reply. Question Man wrote: > I am going to upgrade my Netware 5.1 servers to Netware 6.5, any > precautions, suggestions, or comment about the in-place upgrade? > > There are many servers in my environment, but all of them are: > Netware 5.1 SP8 > Netware 5.1 SP7 > NDS 7.62c > NDS7.61 ...

NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Upgrade Question
I have a customer with a NetWare 5.1 Network. They have a main location with with their primary NetWare 5.1 server, then they have multiple locations which also have their own individual NetWare 5.1 servers which are all part of the same tree. They are looking to upgrade to NetWare 6.5 and also install GroupWise 6.5. They are also going to have one new additional server when they upgrade. I am wondering which would be better, to start a new tree on the new server machine and migrate/recreate everything in the tree and somehow unjoin the old servers and rejoin them to the new tree.... OR ... Join the new NetWare 6.5 server to the old tree after preparing it with the proper OS and edirectory upgrades, then upgrade each individual server to NetWare 6.5. I am curious which would be best, but also what would be involved with either scenario....should we choose that path. Thanks, Brad That can be the beauty of NetWare. There are so many ways to get the desired results. If you re-create the tree you will either have to use the NDS-to-NDS connector to get the user IDs over or re-create the users with new passwords. You would then have to recreate rights, groups, etc. On the plus side you will be able to leave the obsolete objects behind. I have clients who have or are doing both. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop ...

Upgrading from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 #2
I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. > I am getting ready to make the move to 6.5. My servers are not in a > clustered environment. Will my 5.1 boxes do a straight upgrade to 6.5? Or > is there any prep work I need to do before hand? Thanks in advance. From reading other threds here, the 2 things to do first, is to upgrade to the most current eDirectory and the apply the most current patches to the servers. I'm sure someone else will jump in for more details....... /leon/ Is this an in place? If so, some additional considerations. 1) What service pack is deployed on the 5.1 server -- SP6 or SP7 would be a good start point. 2) The note on Edir is a good one. 3) For in place, make sure that you have the hardware and configuration to support this: 6.5 requires more memory -- 512M is the MINIMUM A decent CPU (though working with a fast P3 would be fine). Make sure your DOS partition is large enough (250M to 500M) Make sure your SYS volume is large enough for the upgrade. Make sure your hardware (controllers, etc.) will work with 6.5. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Upgrading Netware 5.1 SP4 to Netware 6.5
Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrade the replica servers to 6.5 first, and then knock off our 5.1 servers over time. Can we do this without applying SP6a to Netware 5.1? If not, then what would be the ideal migration path? Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich , > Can Netware 5.1 SP4 servers co-exist with Netware 6.5 servers? Yes. > Currently, all servers have Netware 5.1 SP4 with eDirectory 8.6.2 > (DS.NLM 10350.07). We want to upgrad...

Web resources about - Netware 5.1 Live CD/ISO - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ