Moving Directories to a new server

Here's my situation:

I have a new file server.  I used UImport to add all of my users to it and
create their home directories (which gave them rights to the home
directories at the same time).

They all have home directories on the old server (the name of each
individual home directory is the same on the old server as it is on the new
server).  I'd like to copy and paste them from the old server to the new
one.  However, I know that when I do that they will lose their rights to
their home directory folder on the new server.

Is there a way to do a cut and paste without them losing their rights and
having to reassign them for everyone?

Thanks!

0
Glenn
9/3/2005 3:53:17 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 9/3/2005  Glenn wrote:

> Is there a way to do a cut and paste without them losing their rights and
> having to reassign them for everyone?

How about using a backup/restore routine with your current backup program
product ? They back up files and folder while preserving trustee information.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:53:17 +0000, Glenn wrote:

Why not use Novell Server Consolidation Utility available from
www.novell.com/download. It's cabable of moving directories between
servers with trustees and meta-data.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS

0
Niclas
9/3/2005 6:13:24 PM
I have done this with the Server Consolidation Utility.

It can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com

--
Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop

"The myth that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor
to lead all his customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly
ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so
today."
- Douglas Adams
0
Timothy