license information problem

Hi
Iam getting an error that seems to prop up on some of our servers.
Particularly the servers that have replicas. "Nlslsp.nlm warning
unable to
write license usage information to NDS. Historical usage information
may be
incomplete. Check "[Root]" partition synchronization status". Has
anyone
seen this and is there a fix? In knowlege base this issue wasnt too
specific
on a fix.

Mike

0
Mike
3/25/2003 2:03:39 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mike,

You don't say what version of NetWare and DS, but have a look at TID
2945295
(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2945295.htm).

Also, run an NDS Health Check - see TID 10060600
(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060600.htm).

Let us know what you find.

--
Donald Albury
Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp

0
Donald
3/25/2003 4:12:14 PM
We are NW5.1 SP4, DS 8.79
"Donald Albury" <dalbury@pbcwdb.com> wrote in message
> Mike,
>
> You don't say what version of NetWare and DS, but have a look at TID

> 2945295

(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2945295.htm).

> Also, run an NDS Health Check - see TID 10060600

(http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060600.htm).

> Let us know what you find.
>
> --
> Donald Albury
> Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp
> Sorry, no e-mail support provided

0
Mike
3/25/2003 7:50:16 PM
This usually means the Root partition is not syncing properly.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

 OneNet is better than nothing.NET

 Opinions expressed in the above text are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Andrew
3/25/2003 10:40:07 PM
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:50:16 GMT, "Mike Berg"
<bergm@gw.lincoln.k12.mi.us> wrote:

>We are NW5.1 SP4, DS 8.79

Have you run the NDS Health Check?

--
Donald Albury
Novell Technical Support Volunteer SysOp
Sorry, no e-mail support provided

0
Donald
3/26/2003 1:26:16 AM
No, do I do that through Dsrepair?
"Donald Albury" <dalbury@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:50:16 GMT, "Mike Berg"
> <bergm@gw.lincoln.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>
> >We are NW5.1 SP4, DS 8.79
>
> Have you run the NDS Health Check?
>
> --
> Donald Albury
> Novell Technical Support Volunteer SysOp
> Sorry, no e-mail support provided

0
Mike
3/27/2003 6:44:09 PM
Mike,

Have a look at TID 10060600 for instructions
on how to do a NDS Health Check.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas
3/27/2003 10:19:36 PM
Yesterday we had a problem with DS syncronization and in the process I

performed all the steps in the health check except the schema sync. At
one
point changes to DS took quite a while and iretated end users. Near
the end
of the day NDS seemed to settle down. Although now our 4 servers
holding
replicas are still about 15 to 20 seconds off. Is that normal? All
servers
are in time sync.

"Niclas Ekstedt" <niclas.ekstedt@nospam.iftech.se> wrote in message
> Mike,
>
> Have a look at TID 10060600 for instructions
> on how to do a NDS Health Check.
>

> --
> //Niclas Ekstedt
> _______________________________
> Niclas Ekstedt, CNE
> NSC Volunteer Sysop
> Iftech Network AB
> _______________________________

0
Mike
3/28/2003 3:00:33 PM
Also would syncronization be more efficient with a read only replica
instead
of a rw?
"Mike Berg" <bergm@gw.lincoln.k12.mi.us> wrote in message
> Yesterday we had a problem with DS syncronization and in the process
> performed all the steps in the health check except the schema sync.
At one
> point changes to DS took quite a while and iretated end users. Near
the
end
> of the day NDS seemed to settle down. Although now our 4 servers
holding
> replicas are still about 15 to 20 seconds off. Is that normal? All
servers
> are in time sync.
>
> "Niclas Ekstedt" <niclas.ekstedt@nospam.iftech.se> wrote in message
> > Mike,
> >
> > Have a look at TID 10060600 for instructions
> > on how to do a NDS Health Check.
> >

> > --
> > //Niclas Ekstedt
> > _______________________________
> > Niclas Ekstedt, CNE
> > NSC Volunteer Sysop
> > Iftech Network AB
> > _______________________________

0
Mike
3/28/2003 4:12:04 PM
Is that resolved with dsrepair?
"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@Novell.AndThis.com>
wrote in
message news:bV4ga.29149$j15.24010@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> This usually means the Root partition is not syncing properly.
> --
>  Andrew C Taubman
>  Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
>  http://support.novell.com/forums
>  (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>  OneNet is better than nothing.NET
>
>  Opinions expressed in the above text are not
>  necessarily those of Novell Inc.

0
Mike
3/28/2003 8:38:49 PM
Mike,

> Although now our 4 servers holding replicas are still about 15 to 20
> seconds off. Is that normal? All servers are in time sync.

As long as they're in sync, that's not a problem.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas
3/29/2003 4:22:31 PM
Mike,

No, the only change is that a Read Only replica will not outbound
synch
any changes. It will still inbound synch just as much info as a Read
Write does.
Also note that a Read Only replica really has no practical uses
anyway.
Just about all services needs access to a writable replica. The Read
Only replica type is just there for NDS/eDirectory to be X.500
compliant. I've never seen anyone using it.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas
3/29/2003 4:25:41 PM
Mike,

> Is that resolved with dsrepair?

Perhaps. It depends on what the problem is. But since your NDS Health
Check didn't show any errors, I suggest that you try a repair.

--
//Niclas Ekstedt
_______________________________

0
Niclas

Netware license problem
Our MLA lisence object is in root partition (3 Linux servers and 1 Netware server). We removed the root replica from the Netware server and few days later faced the license problem in one Branch Office Netware server. Users could not log in and the server complained about "cannot find license". The quick fix was to put the root partition back to netware server. What should we do to get rid of that problem and able to remove the root partition from the netware server? -John- -- JShe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ H...

Netware licensing problem
--____ZBIFWJLIALSXFJITWETW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 3 Sep 2007 21:45:12 +1000" I have a problem with our 'unlimited server' license. I have the server license installed in our tree - right up the top (its a small tree) - the problem is when I restart a server it doesn't automatically acquire a server license. The license exists in the same level as the server object. The only work around I seem to be able to use is to use NWADMIN32 to manually allocate the license to a server - I kno...

Problems with Site Admin Tool
Hello!When trying to access the SECURITY tab on the Site Admin tool, I get this error:There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE ...

Migration Tool for NetWare problem...
First of all, is this where I should post this? As for the issue, we're looking to migrate file structure only to Win2k server. Current server is NW4.11(7a). Migration server is NT4(6a). Destination server is Win2K(sp4). Upon executing the tool, I can browse for the particular servers, but upon saying OK to the pair, it errors, telling me that it 'Cannot connect to server: Test2K'. GSNW and NWLink are on the 'migration' server and user is supervisor/administrator equivalent. If I use a browser, I can go into every server and do whatever I like. I tried ...

Website Admin Tool Problem!!!
For some reason when i host my site through my file system i am unable to configure it through the Admin Tool.  I get an error message (an error has accured, please restart the tool and try again).  I can edit my site when i host it through http/localhost just fine.  If anyone else is having this same problem and figured out away around this, please let me know or, if anyone from the ASP.NET team happens to spot this little post, share some love.  Many thanks!!!...

License Problems on Netware 5.0
Hi I'm running Netware 5.0 sp6 (NDS 7.51) (Server Version 5.00.09) and when some of my users try to log in they get error message 8901 can not map drive. I have rebooted the server several times and this has not cleared the problem. I have removed the licenses and reinstalled them which seems to have solved the problem at present. However I had a look at the license file objects using dsbrowse and this reports that the licenses were installed (and last modified) on the 11 November 2011 at 12:05:19. The server's time and date are correct (i.e its 29/11/2004.) C...

Netware 6.5 License problem
I've installed 3 Netware 6.5 servers. Had 3 licenses (50, 10, 5). There are three contexts in the tree (i.e. as viewed from NWAdmin) [root] | |- Site1 | |- Site2 | |- Site3 I installed user licenses in each of the contexts (i.e. site1,site2,site3) for as many as they thought they'd have. Unfortunately they did not go MLA as I recommended but VLA (i.e. red box type). The licenses are in 5 user increments, so site 3 has 1 extra license, site 2 has 3 extra and site 1 is OUT of licenses. How do I move these ABOVE the users / servers. There is no ABOVE .. unle...

Netware Admin Tools Not Accessible/Installed
I installed OES Linux with Netware and then used the migration tool to migrate a Netware 4.11 server to the new server. Everything has migrated fine (all the users are there, the NDS tree is intact) but the administration tools on the OES server are not functioning. For example, 1) "http://localhost" does not pull up a page, 2) ConsoleOne runs but the option under tools to pull up the "remote console" for this Netware server is not evern there. The bottom line is at this point after reading through the documentation I can find no way to gain access to the Netware ...

Web Site Admin tool problem
Hi! The ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool has stopped working. When I start the tool, the first page works as expected, but when I click any other page, the following error message is shown: "Tool has timed out" What could be the problem?Tommy Take a look at this thread, they are talking about the same problem/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Netware Admin GroupWise view problem
Ok, I'm going to start by saying I have no idea how to even ask my question, so I'm apologizing from the start but here it goes. When I am in NetAdmin in the GroupWise view window, I used to be able to begin to type a user's name and it would highlight each name as I typed more letters. For instance, if I typed my ID, I'd type "e" and it would move and highlight the name at the start of the E's. Then I'd type "et" and it would highlight the start of the users who begin with "et". I'd type "etr" and it would h...

ASA6 licensing problems on netware 4.11
Hi All, Is there anybody around there who has installed ASA6.0 on novell netware 4.11 and has more than one concurrent connections to the engine? We've installed asa6.0 at our clients site. The client has a license for 10 users. Whatever we try, the first user can connect to the db, all others are denied access because of to many open connections. The one and only connection available also performs badly. We ourselves run NT at our office and have no problems at all We've already contacted tech support about this and they haven't got a clue Anybody out there ...

big problem with Netware 5.1l licensing
I have seen strange thing on nw 5.1 with sp5. there are 53 license units installed, so there should be 53 users available to log in. Unfortunately if you try to log in as 54th user you CAN do it ! but i can see still 53 connections on server's monitor. Strangest thing is that you get acces to filesystem with user's privilages but you dont have write rights. It looks like a big security hole ! best regards, greg Novell SysOp, CNE5 Hi Greg I think there is no problem. The User is in NDS, he has also autorisation. Novell give more connection for networkp...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

asp.net web admin tool problem
hi,When i tried to use asp.net web admin tool in vs 2008 (vista os)given me this error There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.   my connection string was  <connectionStrings>  <add name="bil...

Web resources about - license information problem - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Did Senator Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
A Republican senator is investigating whether Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz released classified information while discussing the ...

US gave San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik visa 'despite missing information'
A congressman claims the US approved an entry visa even though Malik never provided the extra evidence requested by an immigration official. ...

Trudeau says improving access to information will make government better
Ensuring Canadians have access to federal information will mean more and sometimes difficult public scrutiny, but ultimately it will lead to ...

Making Access To Information Better Will Make Improve Government, Trudeau Says 54
The Liberals will conduct a "proper review" of the decades-old Access to Information Act with the aim of figuring out "what is actually going ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

Apple’s Maps app adds Los Angeles public transit information
Apple’s Maps application now supports public transit information for Los Angeles, California, forming a continuation of the service’s gradual ...

It's not exactly the Watergate break-in — is it? — but Bernie Sanders's campaign broke into Hillary Clinton's ...
... Democratic National Committee have accused the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders of improperly accessing confidential voter information ...

U.S. Gave Malik Visa Despite Missing Information, Lawmaker Says
Bloomberg U.S. Gave Malik Visa Despite Missing Information, Lawmaker Says Bloomberg The U.S. approved an entry visa for Tashfeen Malik, one ...