How to move user home directories

Hi
I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without lost
trustees, permission and other properties).
What do I have to do?
Just move it?

thank for your help

Marcelo (from Argentina)
0
marce
1/3/2006 3:04:05 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check out http://jrbsoftware.com/06utils/sethome2.htm

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote:

> I need to move the user home directories to another volume (without
> lost trustees, permission and other properties).

you can download the Server Consolidation Utility from
http://download.novell.com

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message
> On 1/3/2006  marce@fcm.unc.edu.ar wrote:
>
>> Just move it?
>
> Check out http://jrbsoftware.com/06utils/sethome2.htm

Actually, movehome will do the whole job i.e. copy the directory structures
including rights, quotas, etc, and update the "Home Directory",
"homeDirectory" and "Message Server" attributes.

John

0
John
1/5/2006 9:37:43 AM
Great to know, thanks John :)

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Web resources about - How to move user home directories - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Avicenna Directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Between 2000-2007, the WHO published the directory electronically, along with updates received after the 2000 print publication. In August 2007, ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: Accessing Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

Welcome to SBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Sacramento Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.