DNS\DHCP

I keep getting the following error message when I try to view my DHCP
logs.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused. Cannot establish
communication session with the target server.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Paul

0
lssulaker28
3/21/2003 10:06:51 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try asking in the dns-dhcp forum.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

I need a tool for DNS/DHCP
Hello! I really love having my eDirectory servers being able to use the Novell DNS/DHCP tool. But I've found that this doesn't work with Linux SLES 9 / OES. I spoke with a person about an open source tool that used a web front end for editing DNS/DHCP. What I really need it for is to set some printers to a manually assigned IP Address based on MAC address. Can someone be kind enough to point a newbie in the right direction? Thank-you -Chuck On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:48:12 +0000, Chuck wrote: A highly acclaimed tool is webmin, www.webmin.com FWIW: There are rumour...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

Netware DHCP to SunOne DNS
Currently we are using Netware for DHCP. Our goal is to start leveraging our DHCP setup to start registering and updating our existing DNS Servers running Sun's DNS. What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? Thanks In article <5olcg.958$Mr.939@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Ted wrote: > What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary > to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? > Yes, Novell's DHCP server can only upd...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. ...

Netware to OES2 DNS/DHCP
I'm about to migrate my two dns/dhcp servers from Netware 6.5.8 to OES2 Linux 64bit machines. I have two questions about the process. 1. I've not migrated a Netware host to a OES2 host yet. I understand it's possible to do an ID tranfser to the OES2 box to keep the servername, ID etc Is this correct? 2. and more appropriate for this forum, DNS/DHCP. Can I run DNS/DHCP on both Netware and OES2 while I upgrade both machines, I will I need to have only one server running these services during the upgrade process? I'll need a couple of days to complete the above...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

Trustee Rights and the DNS/DHCP tool
I'm trying to open up permissions so that an admin at one of my remote sites can manage DNS and DHCP at his site. What objects do I need to give him trustee rights on? To my knowledge that's never been documented. At a minimum I would think 1) the container where the DNSDHCP locator, group and RootServerInfo live, and 2) the container(s) where the DNS and DCHP objects reside that he needs to manage. And I don't think a user would need this as the NLMs manage the files here, but it's possible that file system rights to the SYS:ETC directory on the DNS/DHCP s...

Whether to use Netware for DNS/DHCP?
We have always used static IPs. We have about 300 users. Let's say they are spread equally inside of 192.168.a.b where a is 1, 2 or 3 depending on the floor or location you are in. We have always just pointed people to our ISP for DNS. Lately we have been considering going to DHCP and bringing the DNS in-house so we have a little more flexibility. The thing is, everyone on my staff including myself has used these service on Win2k or 2003 server and are familiar with them. We are debating whther to just throw one of these out there to do it or learn the Netware way. Mos...

Converting DHCP/DNS from Netware to OES2
Hello, What is the process for converting a DHCP/DNS cluster resource running on Netware to OES2? We have a Netware two node cluster. I will remove node1 and insert a new OES2 node1 into the cluster. Install DHCP/DNS on it. Then do I run the migration tool and migrate the DHCP/DNS services that are running the Netware/node2 server to the OES2/node1 server? I have done the process on a stand alone server using the migration tool and it was pretty easy and went smoothly but have never done this on a cluster/cluster resource. Thanks Scott -- SJFast911 -------------------...

DNS/DHCP with Netware 6.5
I am configuring DNS and DHCP on an evaluation server running Netware 6.5. I have configured DNS on NW5.0, NW5.1 and NW6.0 successfully in the past with no problems. The DHCP workstations get there IP information etc and get automatically listed in the DNS database for every implementation short off Netware 6.5. I cannot get DHCP workstations automatically listed in the DNS database - it simply doesn't happen! On the DNS screen on the server console, whenever an attempt to access the DNS database occurrs (using internet browser from the workstation to access web server on th...

tool to config dns/dhcp on nw6
Can I still use the windows utility supplied from MW5.x to configure DNS and DHCP for NW6? Robin Witkop-Staub, > Can I still use the windows utility supplied from MW5.x to configure DNS and > DHCP for NW6? > Yes. Preferably the updated dnsdhcp3.exe - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 Great - thanks for the tip. Downloading the new version now. "AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me...

DNS Suffixs in Netware DHCP server
I am trying to configure our Netware DHCP server to send out the Domain DNS Suffix search order. Is this possible? If so where do you do the configuration? Any help would be great! Thanks Much! Mike TID 10060439 any help ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ well it answered my question, you can not use DHCP to push domain suffixs. Thanks "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0fbckkj1gipux00k@forums.novell.com... > TID 10060439 any help ? > > Cheers D...

Web resources about - DNS\DHCP - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

DHCPv6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DHCPv6 is the version of the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) networks. In addition to stateless ...

How to Set Up DHCP Reservations (and Never Check an IP Address Again)
Checking your computer's IP address every time you need it can get tedious. Here's how to set up DHCP reservations on your router so that each ...

Network Control with DNS, DHCP, and IPv6 - Infoblox
Take control of your network with Infoblox's patented Grid technology, hardened appliances and security optimized software, and expert support. ...

How to Set Manual DHCP and a Static IP Address on an iPad or iPhone
How to Set Manual DHCP and a Static IP Address on an iPad or iPhone

Shoddy DHCP causing iPad WiFi woes reckons university
Princeton University reckon they've discovered the root cause of the iPad's intermittent WiFi connection problems, and rather than a hardware ...

How to reenable DHCP for Lexmark E120n
How to re-enable DHCP for Lexmark E120n Hi. I have deselected the option "Enable DHCP Client" of my Lexmark E120n network printer via its web... ...

OS X Server 2.1.1 available with DHCP service, Profile Manager supports iOS 6
Those running OS X Server, take note. Apple has issued version 2.1.1 with a few nice changes. First, you can now manage the DHCP service from ...

App Store - AirPort Utility
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AirPort Utility on the App Store. Download AirPort Utility and enjoy ...

Open Directory - Computers: Internet: Protocols
... help the entire directory only in Internet/Protocols Description Top : Computers : Internet : Protocols (787) BitTorrent @ (23) CIFS (4) DHCP ...

Server Tent, Bridging The Gap, and More Server Set-ups
... not too often you see a bridge that covers a 1-foot gap with two Ethernet-Fiber bridges as I saw at one company." "I was having some DHCP-related ...