dns-dhcp console

there are time when i go to the dns-dhcp console and the entries will
not
appear, i will then close it, re-open it, and it will appear. this
happens
to all of our pc's that can do the console. sometimes it will not
appear
at all. does anyone have any ideas?

0
kjs
3/21/2003 3:14:39 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You most likely are seeing issues with the Java runtime that ships
within
the DNS/DHCP console. See this TID for instructions on upgrading the
Java
runtime:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060988.htm

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim

Client 4.9.0.0sp1a Netware 5 DNS\DHCP manager console
After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS context" DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP Installing the 4.9.0.0sp1a post update doesn't solve the problem. rcools@berk.nl, > After installing Novell Client 4.9.0.0 sp1a the DNS\DHCP management > console doesn't start anymore, error message "LA002:failed to create NDS > context" > DNS\DHCP version NW5_ETF05.01, PC OS Windows 2000 and Windows XP > Installing the...

DHCP/DNS console
It is an oddity. In one of my subnets at another building, if I run DNS/DHCP Console, I can see both DHCP servers in the one tree. I can also manage and edit them. If I am in the other building (separate subnet), if I run DNS/DHCP Console, it does not recognize any DHCP servers. DHCP is working in both buildings but I currently need to be in the other subnet to manage them. These trees were merged and the second DHCP server reconfigured. Servers are running NW6 SP5 patched up to current levels. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Steve D. In article <SjUNg.2618$...

DNS Server Red X in DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I startup named.nlm, I get this: Starting eDirectory integrated Novell DNS Server... error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 1 failed; interface ignored error: could not listen on UDP socket: address in use error: creating IPv4 interface Loopback Interface 2 failed; interface ignored Loading the configuration and zone data completed. DNS Server running I can't seem to find any info on any of those errors. Also, in the DNS/DHCP Management Console it shows up as a red X. Other than that, it seems t...

DNS/DHCP Console?
Im done with my Netware to OES2 sp1 migration of dhcp and can't seem to find the java management console. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thanks in advance. -- GeoffreyKOBrien ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GeoffreyKOBrien wrote: > Im done with my Netware to OES2 sp1 migration of dhcp and can't seem to > find the java management console. Does anyone know where I can get it? > Thanks in advance. > > ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/DNSDHCPJavaConsole.zip That file doesn't exist on the server...

0.0.0.0 for DNS server IP address in DNS/DHCP console
In DNS/DHCP management console I have a red X accross the DNS server object which doesn't go away and it shows 0.0.0.0 in the DNS Server IP Address field instead of actuall DNS server IP address. How can I edit it and change it to the correct server IP address? Any help would be appreciated -- nsafa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nsafa, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not...

How to Put new DNS in DNS/DHCP Server configure atNovell Netware 5 for Small Business
We have a Netware 5 for Small Business. Our ISP provides a new DNS search order. I made this change in sys:\etc\resolv.cfg file. Do I also need to make the change to DNS/DHCP Server at the Novell Server? If I do, what is the procedure to make this change? Are there other place I need to change also? Thanks! Q.Z You're best ask in the DNS newsgroup -- but why does your ISP provides a search order if you have your own DNS? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! ...

I need a tool for DNS/DHCP
Hello! I really love having my eDirectory servers being able to use the Novell DNS/DHCP tool. But I've found that this doesn't work with Linux SLES 9 / OES. I spoke with a person about an open source tool that used a web front end for editing DNS/DHCP. What I really need it for is to set some printers to a manually assigned IP Address based on MAC address. Can someone be kind enough to point a newbie in the right direction? Thank-you -Chuck On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:48:12 +0000, Chuck wrote: A highly acclaimed tool is webmin, www.webmin.com FWIW: There are rumour...

DNS DHCP Java Console?
Hi, I picked up on a previous thread started last August about how to get the updated Novell DNS DHCP Java Console. The suggestion was to download it from ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/DNSDHCPJavaConsole.zip. If you ftp to the outgoing folder there is nothing there. I've searched the Novell download site for any sign of it and all I can find is an older version (2004) named dnsdhcp4.exe. Any help would be appreciated. tim w. -- twessels ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tim, the dns/dhcp console that was publish...

DNS/DHCP Managment Console
Howdy, Running a Netware 6.5.3 server at a business (mycompany.com). This server handles the DHCP & DNS for all the workstations. i want the FQDN "learn.mycompany.com" to resolve externally to "66.230.200.100". In practice, when a user on the local network enters "http://learn.mycompany.com" into their browser URL, i want them to be taken to Wikipedia.org - I was told that the "DNS/DHCP Managment Console" utility could handle this (which i have loaded), but i have no clue exactly how to add it (without blowing up the serve...

DNS/DHCP Management Console
When I try and access the DNS/Management Console from NWADMIN I get an error message that it can not find the exe file. Where can I find the dnsdhcp.exe so that I can put it in the correct directory? Do I need to re- install the snap-in? If so how do I do that? "frank_tucker"@amainsure.com) wrote: > > When I try and access the DNS/Management Console from NWADMIN I get an > error message that it can not find the exe file. You need to run sys:\public\DNSDHCP\setup.exe from the DNS server to install the console. -- Jim NSC Sysop > &q...

Windows DHCP
Hi All, We replaced some NW servers running DHCP with server 2003 boxes runnning DHCP. We configured them the same as far as address ranges, dns server addresses, etc. The problem is that the workstations which get addresses from the Server 2003 boxes will NOT register their PTR or A records on our Netware 6.5 SP5 DNS box. Is this a hopeless cause or is there some way to make this work? John Morgan -- Jmorg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ In article <Jmorg.3l7f2n@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Jmorg wrote: > The pro...

DNS/DHCP console source
Hi, I like the Java based DNS/DHCP console a lot better than the iManager interface, it just works a lot quicker. But there are some drawbacks: it only runs on Windows and there are some annoying bugs. Because Novell doesn't really seem interested in maintaining the DNS/DHCP console anymore (iManager is the future, apparently) I was wondering if they'd ever consider releasing its source on forge.novell.com. I've decompiled (yea, I know.. probably not very legal) the console ages ago, fixed some bugs, and turned it into a 100% pure Java program that runs perfect...

Netware to OES2 DNS/DHCP
I'm about to migrate my two dns/dhcp servers from Netware 6.5.8 to OES2 Linux 64bit machines. I have two questions about the process. 1. I've not migrated a Netware host to a OES2 host yet. I understand it's possible to do an ID tranfser to the OES2 box to keep the servername, ID etc Is this correct? 2. and more appropriate for this forum, DNS/DHCP. Can I run DNS/DHCP on both Netware and OES2 while I upgrade both machines, I will I need to have only one server running these services during the upgrade process? I'll need a couple of days to complete the above...

Dns/DHCP Netware upgrade
Hi, We have two 5.1sp6 servers running DNS and DHCP services. We want to move these 2 services to two new servers running Netware 6.5sp1a. What is the best way to do this? Is there something special to do, take care? Thank you --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If they are in the same tree, then you really don't have to worry about = much at all (create the new server objects, make sure that any routers = doing BOOTP forwarding are setup for the new servers, then move the = s...

SLES DNS and NetWare DHCP
We have had DHCP running on NetWare for some time, with no local DNS service. The DHCP option 6 is set to a BorderManager DNS proxy. I just set up a SLES 11 server with named, and it will resolve our local static IP addresses and forward to OpenDNS. I am using it now, and it seems to be working correctly. Next step, can I set the NetWare DHCP server to update the SLES DNS server, or would I be better off setting up DHCP on the SLES server? My main concerns are transitioning to the SLES server without disruption, and getting Option 60 for ZFD PXE boot set up correctly. TIA Randall, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com) Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses: http://forums.novell.com/faq.php If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot. Good luck! Your Novell Product Support Forums Team http://support.novell.com/forums/ In ...

DNS/DHCP Management Console
DNS/DHCP Management Console NetWare 6.5 sp5 Hallo to you all out there that likes the OLD DNS/DHCP Management Console and are not familiar or simple dos not like the iManager interface for DNS/DHCP managing. Many off you have used a Win98 or Win2000 on another machine ore still using a WMware to run the tool in it. Hear comes some small simple task that I discovered that while enable you to run DNS/DHCP Management under WinXPsp2. 1.Download the latest DNS/DHCP Manager (dnsdhcp4.exe http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2969896.htm) 2.Unpack the dns...

Netware DHCP to SunOne DNS
Currently we are using Netware for DHCP. Our goal is to start leveraging our DHCP setup to start registering and updating our existing DNS Servers running Sun's DNS. What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? Thanks In article <5olcg.958$Mr.939@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Ted wrote: > What is the best way to go about getting this going and is it necessary > to also run Netware's DNS as an in between for this setup? > Yes, Novell's DHCP server can only upd...

DNS/DHCP Management Console
I am getting the following error message when loading the DNS/DHCP Management Console: LA002: Fail to create NDS context. If I click on OK, then I get a blank field for Enter NDS Tree Name. Did this use to work on this PC? If so what changed? WHat OS/SP on the PC? What NW Client version/sp? -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop Download the latest DNS/DHCP Console. This is caused by using the 4.9 client. The filename is DNSDHCP3.EXE >>> Robert Leet<rleet_nospammers@sevencounties.org> 2/19/2004 2:...

DNS-DHCP Management Console
I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep getting the following error message. LA002: Fail to create NDS context I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 Can anyone help. jnewett@umw.edu wrote: > I have tried to install the dns-dhcp Management Console and I keep > getting the following error message. > > LA002: Fail to create NDS context > > I have tried running it with every java between 1.3.0 to the latest 1.4.2 > > Can anyone help. Update your console. http://support.novell.c...

DHCP Questions ... Primary DNS Suffix and Bug in DHCP/DNS Utility
I have been reconfiguring our Novell 5.1 SP4 DHCP/DNS server to pass NDS Server, Tree, and Context information through DHCP. I would like to specify the Primary Domain suffix for Windows 2000 workstations. Currently, we manually enter a suffix domain name under the TCP/IP properties, but IT staff sometime forget to perform this step. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the DHCP/DNS Utility appears to have a display bug. The Directory Agent (Code 78) has been specified in my DHCP settings, but no value is displayed unless I click on the Modify button. We are running ...

DST and DNS-DHCP Management Console
Hi all, I was reading the TID on DST and the DNS-DHCP Management Console. It mentions the the java patch applies only to the DNS-DHCP Management Console form Netware 6.5 sp5. Our environment consists of Netware 6.0 (sp5) with eDirectory 8.7.3.8 and all DNS-DHCP services run on these servers. We have one Netware 6.5 sp5 box. I was thinking of installing the DNS-DHCP Management Console from that server, patching it for DST and using that Console to manage DNS- DHCP. Is it safe to use the DNS-DHCP Management Console from Netware 6.5 sp5 to manage DNS-DHCP running on Netware ...

DNS-DHCP Management Console Install
The server is Netware 5.1 SP7 Running both IP and IPX Using a WinXP Pro workstation for the install. Logged in as an admin on both the server and the workstation. When I try to install the DNS-DHCP Management Console I get to 97% and it generates an error. AT 97% during the install an error box pops up that says: ---------- CopyErr Err = -2 OK ---------- When I answer OK then another alert box pops up that says: ------------ Warning readme.txt: Unable to open the input file. OK ------------ Saying OK to that prompt generates another prompt say...

tool to config dns/dhcp on nw6
Can I still use the windows utility supplied from MW5.x to configure DNS and DHCP for NW6? Robin Witkop-Staub, > Can I still use the windows utility supplied from MW5.x to configure DNS and > DHCP for NW6? > Yes. Preferably the updated dnsdhcp3.exe - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 Great - thanks for the tip. Downloading the new version now. "AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me...

Web resources about - dns-dhcp console - novell.netware.5x.admin-tools

Network Control with DNS, DHCP, and IPv6 - Infoblox
Take control of your network with Infoblox's patented Grid technology, hardened appliances and security optimized software, and expert support. ...