Directory quotas

Could I send a warning to the users when they reach a directory quota
?
Or is it a way to do it ?

0
Dominic
3/25/2003 7:06:34 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dominic Richard,
> Could I send a warning to the users when they reach a directory
quota ?
> Or is it a way to do it ?

You could run a small executable in the login scripts that puts up a
warning when the free space they see drops under a certain level.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
AndersG
3/25/2003 7:51:51 PM
"Dominic Richard" <dominic.richard@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Could I send a warning to the users when they reach a directory
quota ?
> Or is it a way to do it ?

When they've reached their quota they'll receive an "out of disk
space" message, but that's nasty. Do as Anders suggests and warn them
before hand....

--
Dave Kearns
Novell Support Connection Volunteer

0
Dave
3/25/2003 8:02:08 PM
Dominic,

and to add to the suggestions by the others, there's a suitable
utility
here http://www.jrbsoftware.com as part of the excellent JRB utils

--

Shaun Pond