Access to file system with ldap java sdk

Hi, I'm beginner with novell and ldap, so I'm interesting: can I get the
access to file system with ldap? I want to create sort of file manager,
which can download files to system. I know that exist novell's client
which do this but I want do this itself with ldap Java sdk. And where I
can found information about this question?

--
ashirogi

ashirogi
4/4/2012 7:06:01 PM
novell.netware.5x.admin-tools 3683 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ashirogi,
> Hi, I'm beginner with novell and ldap, so I'm interesting: can I get the
> access to file system with ldap? I want to create sort of file manager,
> which can download files to system. I know that exist novell's client
> which do this but I want do this itself with ldap Java sdk. And where I
> can found information about this question?

The short answer is NO. LDAP is an interface to edirectory. Not to the
file system.

--
Anders Gustafsson  (NKP)
  The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0
Anders
4/5/2012 5:47:36 AM
Ok, but is existing any ways to download files to file system from
another computer without exist client program? What technology/sdk I
must to use?

--
ashirogi
ashirogi's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=125817

0
ashirogi
4/5/2012 9:56:01 AM
Ashirogi,
> Ok, but is existing any ways to download files to file system from
> another computer without exist client program? What technology/sdk I
> must to use?

Easiest would be to run a webserver or FTP on the server