NFS client user access after file creation by NetWare- windows user.

I am using an NFS exported nss netware folder as my document root for
apache2 on OES linux SP2.  After a netware user changes or creates a new
file, Apache cannot see the file.  According to TID 10097414, this is by
design.  The document suggests that if all the Netware Clients that will be
modifying the file have the same primary GID in their eDir user object, and
if the Novell NFS umask is set appropriately, then that group on the Unix
side will always have the necessary access to the file, even after
modifications.
How do I check and modify the GID of the eDirectory users. What is the
appropriate umask value I set when I export the folder in Netware?
0
Doyle
11/14/2006 8:23:26 PM
novell.native-file-access 2445 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Doyle,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

File open/lock Monitor on one file closes when user accesses this file
Hello, we are running a DBase 4.1.1 MS-DOS application at Netware OES 6.5 SP4 (Novell Small Business Suite Server). Sometimes we are experiencing a slow down of the application when the server CPU ha about 5% and the disks are also not running heavy. There is nothing to find in the network too. What we found today is, that when a user accesses ex. file.dbf and we open the "File open/lock activity" Monitor on this file, the monitor closes immediately. We can shortly see the users session (nolock) before it closes. Are there any hints we can follow to find the backgrou...

The root user has access to remote folders/files of any user?
Hi, all! Prelude: OpenSUSE 11.2 (2.6.31.8-0.1-desktop), installed Novell client 2.0 SP2 (novell-client-2.0-sp2-sle11-i586.iso). I found that if any usual user is logged into a NDS-tree, then _local_ root has full access to user's network shares, including the user's home directory located on remote Netware-server. Is it by design or have I missed something? Nevertheless in windows local admin has no access to network resources mounted of any other user. If you runas shell (as admin) then admin in principle can't "see" network shares which were mounted (conn...

Native File Access user name problem
How do I deal with multiple users named SMITH who reside in different contexts on a Netware OES server? The Native File Access from Windows doesn't seem to allow me to specify the full context so I only seem able to log in to one SMITH account using NFA. I have set up a cfg file which lists the relevant contexts, but it doesn't seem to help. I might, also add that if I do NFA from a Mac, there is no problem specifying the full context. In article <l%TYe.6486$Oi6.3364@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Rkatcher wrote: > How do I deal with multiple users named SMITH ...

Windows user Local File system access
Greetings, In ZFD 4.0.1, the Documentation states 5 bulleted items the logged-in user needs access to, 2 folders, and 3 Registry keys. My question is: Are all 5 of these mandatory for AL to work in every case? Seems like alot of local tweaking to make it all happen. Thanks Ernie Ernie, yes they're needed - for mist customers, it's not a problem, since they don't remove the standard rights... -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp Shaun Pond wrote: > Ernie, > > yes they're needed - for mist customers, it's not a problem, since...

Iterating files and folder, how NOT to display files that user don't have access to?
 I have to iterate some files and folders and I do this like so (impersonation turned on): Dim p As DirectoryInfo = New DirectoryInfo(absolutePath) Dim fsi As FileSystemInfo() = p.GetFileSystemInfos Dim info As FileSystemInfo Dim extensionImage As String = "" For Each info In fsi...... My problem is that all users see everything, even though they don't have access to the file/folder. So they can see the file/folder, but they can't open it. It would be a lot better to just hide the items they don't have access to. How sh...

How to access a web user user control from the .aspx code behind file that hosts it?
I have a web page named mainster.aspx. This web form uses a web user control named inputs.ascx. On the user control inputs.ascx I have an text edit control with a user ID named UserName and another one named AmountOfPurchase. So my question is how do can I get a rference or handle to theses text edit controls, from the code behind of the file that hosts them. That is from mainster.cs Will You'll have to create a property that will give access to them in inputs.ascx.cs. It will need to be a public property. As a point of application design, you should try and avoid this, and instead pr...

The Bat! File Permissions Let Local Users Access the Mail of Other Local Users
http://www.securitytracker.com/alerts/2003/Oct/1008004.html SecurityTracker Alert ID: 1008004 CVE Reference: GENERIC-MAP-NOMATCH Date: Oct 27 2003 Impact: Disclosure of user information Exploit Included: Yes Description: A vulnerability was reported in The Bat! e-mail client software. A local user can access a target user's e-mail. It is reported that The Bat! creates new accounts with unsafe permissions in the %programfiledir%\The Bat!\MAIL\ directory. A local user can reportedly view inbox and outbox messages. hUNT3R of 01 Security Sumbission is credited with dis...

NFS for netware (Native File Access Protocol) permissions
Hi All, I configured the NFS server on NW6.5 SP7 and exported NSS volume using independent access control with trusted hosts and Access permission. For Linux NFS client, I was able to see the directories under NSS volume when I check the Root for the access permission and windows NFS client could not see any directories at all. However, when I set the Anonymous access at the global permission then both clients can see all directories. Please advice, Thanks, Steve -- spham68 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spham68, ...

Error 500 accessing iManager
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi together, I have a NW 6.5 SP 1 Server with the following error message, when I try = to start iManager: sounds like this: Could not connect to server. Check CGI Scripts Error 500=20 When I have a look to the error.log of APACHE2, I'll see the follwing = message: configuration error: couldn't check user. No user file?: /nps/servlet/porta= lservice Any good suggestion? Thanks anywhay Christian --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Conten...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean Sgrossell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options ava...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > re there sources, > within, or beyond Novell documentation? > Just what you might find in the forums here. What "more information" are you looking for? bd NSC Volunteer SysOp > In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > > re there ...

Accessing Files from a User Control
Ok. Here is my file structure: MyProject/ - default.aspx resides here MyProject/images/ - images reside here MyProject/UserControls/ - My user controls reside here MyProject/Function/ - Some specific function web pages reside here in UCMyUserControl.ascx I have an image. The code simply says < img src="images/myimage.gif" > . This works fine when I put the User Control in default.aspx. However when I put the User Control in an aspx page under MyProject/Function the image won't show. Presumably because the image tag should actually be ../images/myimage.gif...

tracking user access to a file
I need to track who accesses a file (and when) on a Netware volume. What is the easiest way to do that? More to the point, where do I turn that on? It's been a long time since I've had to work on a Novell server. -Thanks! Dave Noice, CNE4, CNE4.11, CNE5 Dave Noice, The feature you're looking for is called auditing. Refer to the documentation at www.novell.com/documentation for your version of NetWare for more information and guides for how to set it up. -- ___________________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS Systems Engineer/NS...

Using VPN client then netware client to access file server
Hi, I have one customer site functioning well. Using Cisco VPN client then login via 4.83 sp2 client. Now when attempting to use above method I receive Tree not found. We have 5.x servers. I don't really understand the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? Any comments or suggestions or pointing to documentation would be greatly appreciated. Bruce Childers St OR 503-373-1993x244 bruce.childers@state.or.us > I don't really understand > the advertisement of the tree, SAP or ARP or ? SAP is IPX. ARP is NetBIOS. NetWare uses SLP (mainly) as well as Host...

Web resources about - NFS client user access after file creation by NetWare- windows user. - novell.native-file-access