Native File Access for Windows #2

I am running three SBS 6.0 sp4 servers and our main server has the Native
file access loaded on it.  However the people who loaded the program must
have screwed something up and it sounds like I need to uninstall and
reinstall the program.  However the server it is loaded on is very much
strapped for space and I really do not want to have to service pack the
machine again.

So if I were to uninstall the Native file access for windows off of the
main server, would I have to service pack it again?

Can I install the Native file access for windows on another server or does
it have to be on the server holding the master replica?

My goal here is to do as little as possible to the main server due to its
importance to the company and how touchy it can be when it comes to
software installations.

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
KEN
9/28/2004 8:22:19 PM
novell.native-file-access 2445 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 >So if I were to uninstall the Native file access for windows off of the
main server, would I have to service pack it again?

No.

 >Can I install the Native file access for windows on another server or
does it have to be on the server holding the master replica?

It doesn't have to be on a server with any replicas at all. However the
NMAS installation must be on a M or RW replica.
--
  Andrew C Taubman
  Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

  Opinions expressed above are not
  necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
9/28/2004 10:45:04 PM
>  >So if I were to uninstall the Native file access for windows off of the
> main server, would I have to service pack it again?
>
> No.
>

>  >Can I install the Native file access for windows on another server or
> does it have to be on the server holding the master replica?
>
> It doesn't have to be on a server with any replicas at all. However the
> NMAS installation must be on a M or RW replica.
> --
>   Andrew C Taubman
>   Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
>   http://support.novell.com/forums
>   (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
>   Opinions expressed above are not
>   necessarily those of Novell Inc.
Thanks for the reply. You have made me very happy with those answers.

Ken
0
Ken

Native file access for Windows
What's the Nlm for Native File access for windows i need to install it in a netware 6 server There are multiple files -- you need to run the GUI Install program and select it from the list of products to be installed. After installation, you need to reapply the latest Service Pack to the server, then check for post-SP updates to CIFS. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > re there sources, > within, or beyond Novell documentation? > Just what you might find in the forums here. What "more information" are you looking for? bd NSC Volunteer SysOp > In article <QCxWb.7110$6M5.3061@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > > re there ...

Installing Windows Native File Access
I am doing a project for school wehich involves having a Novell machine in it, I am using it as the file server for the network. My question is everytime I install Novell at the end of the installation it tries to install the Windows native file access it fails. What could be the problem? I assume it is something in the setup that I am not entering the right parameters for something. Any help would be appreciated, Matthew Please repost to the Install-Upgrade forum which is appropriate to your version of NetWare. When yo...

Native File Access for Windows #3
I have two question about Native file Access for Windows the resides on our Novell SBS 6.0 Sp4 server. 1) I have a one Windows XP Sp2 laptop w/o a Novell Client installed on it and it will not ping the the name of the server nor access the server. Although it can ping IP Addresses on the server and all domain neames except the Name of the Native File server. Example: ServerA_W I have other computers w/o the Novell Client Installed that will access the Server no probelm. What could cause this? 2.)In server A's CIFS settings it has an IP address in the WINS IP section. ...

Native file access
We have a Novell Server running OES Netware 6.5 support pack 8 All of the XP workstations have the Novell Client 4.91 installed. We now have some desktops that are part of a domain, but need access to the Novell server. I was doing research and came across this page: 'Native File Access in NetWare 6 eliminates the need for the Novell Client' (http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5031643.html) Whoever configured this server has already enabled CIFS as it is in the autoexec.ncf with the command of cifsstrt.ncf On the Microsoft domain I have users double click ...

NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack
I am in search or more information regarding �windows share point� configuration for NetWare 6.0 Native File Access Pack. Are there sources, within, or beyond Novell documentation? Regards, Sean Sgrossell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options ava...

How to use native file access
Currently 'm using novell client to login to NW server. How to login to NW server without using novell client login ? Pls advise. Thanks Rgds Daniel First thing, from what do you want to attach to the server? Windows, MAC, Linux? http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?page=/documentation/ nw65/native/data/hz8pck9v.html Above is the link to the NFAP documentation -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop The future comes slowly, the present flies and the past stands still forever From windows xp machine. Rgds Daniel "Ti...

NW51 Native File Access
I have an SLA license for our school district, we are waiting to go to Novell 6.5 until after summer. Can I install the Native file access pack from the 6 Install for NW 5.1 so I can switch out MAC machines from the older AFP from prosoft (server side)? Then when I go to NW 6.5 my users will be familiar with using the newer service from their MAC computers before I go to 6. Thanks for any info. No, sorry. You might want to talk to Novell to see if they might be able to do something for you. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Foru...

Native File Access Pack
Our standard windows account for a PC that about to be distributed is 'cityuser'. Our objective to get the latest Novell Client installed from a Novell network directory without first installing an older Novell Client from a CD. Here is what I have tried: 1) Created a new User Object named 'cityuser.COR', and give it Read right to the directory where we currently keep the latest client. 2) Edited the SYS:\ETC\CIFSCTXS.CFG file on the server running Novell Native File Access Protocols (there only needs to be one, right?)and made sure that COR was specified on ...

Native File Access NW51
I have an SLA license for our school district, we are waiting to go to Novell 6.5 until after summer. Can I install the Native file access pack from the 6 Install for NW 5.1 so I can switch out MAC machines from the older AFP from prosoft (server side)? Then when I go to NW 6.5 my users will be familiar with using the newer service from their MAC computers before I go to 6. Thanks for any info. Best to ask in the NFAP forums. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Native file access with an IPAQ
I am running three Novell SBS 6.0 Sp4 servers and two of them have the Native file access for windows running on them. I have no troubles going in through network neighborhood and accessing the servers on laptops wired or wirelessly. When I use an IPAQ, I can only access one of the servers and its not the one I really care about. I can ping the Native file server names on the wired lan and I can ping the addresses of all the servers using the IPAQ. I can not find the option to ping using domain names using the IPAQ yet. Any ideas why I can access one server but not the other? ...

Native File Access Monitor
Has anyone come across or have an idea of a way to automate monitoring or get a notification if there is an issue with native file access. Our Mac users feel slighted and native file access is a little more problematic then most of our services and I cannot think of a good way to monitor it (beyond NMASMON). Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- gohawks8941 Gohawks8941, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might ...

Mac Native File Access
I recently upgraded some servers from 4.11 to NW 6.5, which had Mac file spaces on the volumes. Once at 6.5, files were converted from the traditional file system, to NSS so that NFAP could be used. The customer is now complaining that access from Mac's is intermittant, and that sometimes they are able to see all appropriate files and folders, and sometimes they can not. I suspect that TID http://support.novell.com/cgi- bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10088704.htm May be at play, but there is no resolution for the problem Any Ideas??? Thanks! Joe D. Make sure you...

Native File Access and login
I'm in the process of setting up NFA and the user on the Windows XP x64 machine has a different login name than the Netware 6.5 user login. Does this pose a problem or should the login name be the same? Thanks Well, if you want to make the login as easy as possible, it is recommended to use the same way. Otherwise, the workstation first tries to login with the local user name, and then, after failure, it will prompt the user to enter both user name and password. However if the user name and password happen to be the same as the local user, the login to the server can be ...

Web resources about - Native File Access for Windows #2 - novell.native-file-access

The Windows Blog

20/20 Will Offer ‘Important Window’ Into Life As Iraqi Refugee
... To ride that roller coaster of hope and anguish with these 149 refugees was dramatic, Vargas told TVNewser. “It’s a small but important window ...

Windows 10 Mobile Update For Older Lumias Pushed To 2016
Earlier this year Microsoft stated that their plan was to begin the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Lumia devices in December. With ...

HTML5 video comes to Firefox for Windows, Netflix fans rejoice
Yesterday we told you that Netflix for Windows 10 had received an update , but that's not all that's coming to Windows, Firefox also has plans ...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government ...
... expanded its partnership with one of China's largest defense and technology conglomerates as it announced a joint venture to get Windows 10 ...

'Clash Of Clans' Update From Supercell Adds A Personal Break Status Window And Winter Theme
"Clash Of Clans" fans that are annoyed by the Town Hall 11 personal break timer will love this optional update. Learn what the patch means for ...

Microsoft delays Windows 10 Mobile upgrade for older Lumias
If you've been itching to try Windows 10 Mobile on your Windows Phone 8.1 device, we've got some bad news. Microsoft says older Lumias won't ...