CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602

Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree
nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having
problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into
iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than
stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change
something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the
actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this:
users arent LUM enabled or so it seems
the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both still have the name of the
premigration linux server, not of the current server
There are still a bunch of objects in the tree dealing with the old server
name (SAS Service - premigname, etc)
the unix workstation object did at least switch to the new server name,
however it had no groups associated to it.
Let me know what other info you might need from me. I would be happy wiping
the CIFS config & starting from scratch, as long as it works in the end
(without of course nuking the entire server....).

Thanks!

0
Keith
3/17/2009 2:12:59 AM
novell.native-file-access 2445 articles. 0 followers. Follow

oh, and
- the namcd service wasn't even in /etc/init.d (it is now after going
through oes config & rerunning LUM configuration, but it still didnt fix the
rest of the setup)
-  wwwrun, www, novlxtier, novlxsrvd, novlxregd are all local instead of in
edirectory, meaning they are in /etc/passwd and /etc/group and not in
edirectory like they should be
- admin has uid 0 and admingroup has gid 0 instead of I guess it is supposed
to have 600 instead?

any thoughts yet?

"Keith V. Klenke" <abendorg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree
> nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been
> having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I
> go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than
> stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to
> change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since
> the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this:
> users arent LUM enabled or so it seems
> the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both still have the name of the
> premigration linux server, not of the current server
> There are still a bunch of objects in the tree dealing with the old server
> name (SAS Service - premigname, etc)
> the unix workstation object did at least switch to the new server name,
> however it had no groups associated to it.
> Let me know what other info you might need from me. I would be happy
> wiping the CIFS config & starting from scratch, as long as it works in the
> end (without of course nuking the entire server....).
>
> Thanks!

0
Keith

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

Clustering error
To whom it may concern We are using SLES SP1- OES2.We have 4 cluster nodes and 8 existing cluster resources. When we want to create a new cluster resource, we follow the following under mentioned steps. > Select cluster Options > Select new resource > resource > next > add new cluster resource name > inherit frame template - select template Generic IP > Define additional properties > next - load script > next - unload script > next - monitor script > next - resource policies > resource preferred nodes > finish Then it shows the foll...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error: Unknown error

Cannot start CIFS
I've got an OES2 SP1 Linux server that I want to setup CIFS on. It does NOT have SAMBA installed. I've logged into two diff. iManager servers, and every time I click "start" on the CIFS service I get this error (that I cannot seem to find anywhere on Novell's KB or the forums): Storage error: Unknown error with error code: -1 Ironically it works fine in my test lab. -- kjhurni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:06:03 +0000, kjhurni wrote: > I've logged into two diff. iMa...

Assertion error: Error restarting transaction log file. Error code: 1/32
On 2 consecutive nights at about the exact same time, we received the following assertion error: E. 06/29 21:23:05. *** ERROR *** Assertion failed: 100915 (10.0.1.3764) E. 06/29 21:23:05. Error restarting transaction log file. Error code: 1/32 I believe this was a result of dbremote trying to re-start the log file. Here is our dbremote command line: dbremote.exe -dl -k -o c:\bersys\dbremotelog.txt -c "dbn=central01;eng=central01;uid=xxx;pwd=xxx" -x -l 500000 -m 32M d: \bersys Both the c: and d: driver are local to that server. We run the command with the -x paramete...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

unknown error on mailbox. No error code
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020808080709010207060606 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When opening a mailbox of a user I get an unknown error. No error code is given. The POA displays no error code. When trying to access this mailbox through webaccess, It says " Please login again. You may have typed your name or password incorrectly. Remember that passwords are case sensitive." Tried to do a analyse/fix- re-create user database and a structural rebuild. Nothing helps. ----...

Unknown error: Error code = 8203
--____HCNACVMXATTAXMXLXAAA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 31 Oct 2006 01:39:45 -0600" I have GroupWise 7.0.1 installed and I am getting the following error = message on the GWIA screen Unknown error: Error code =3D 8203 The agent could not read this message from message transport. The GroupWise status is showing "Closed" --____HCNACVMXATTAXMXLXAAA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____VVOLSPJNRHMAORRFNPXB____" -...

Error code : -6058 UNKNOWN ERROR
I have encrypted Description attribute of User object, through Roles and task>eDirectory Encryption>Encrypted attributes option in iManager. I have created a user successfully..., and i observed that description attribute is shown as content supressed in log files as per my requirements. But If i try to move that user to other container through iManager, It says Error 6058 move object request failed. In log it shows status= Error message= (6058) UNKNOWN ERROR Thanks in advance -praneeth -- praneethtcs ---------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602 - novell.native-file-access

Nintendo DS storage devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nintendo DS storage devices are some of the devices used to store a licensed developer's work-in-progress images, homebrew video games , or downloaded ...

Top Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: DepoMed, Gap, Intel, IBM, Nimble Storage, Workday and Many More
Friday's top analyst upgrades, downgrades and initiations include DepoMed, Gap, Intel, IBM, Nimble Storage, Workday and UnitedHealth.

Google Photos update helps free up precious phone storage
Running out of storage space on a phone is a major pain point that affects millions of Android users across the world. Google understands that, ...

Google Photos will now help free up storage space on Android phones
When you look at the storage breakdown on your mobile device, chances are good that your photos take up a bulk of space on your hard drive. It ...

Goldman Eyes $20 Oil; Glut Overwhelms Storage Sites
... is frightening many analysts, including those at Goldman Sachs. From the Telegraph (my emphasis): Goldman eyes $20 oil as glut overwhelms storage ...

Nimble Storage is getting destroyed
Nimble Storage's stock is getting pounded on Friday, and it's taking newly public Pure Storage down with it. Nimble reported its Q3 after the ...

Remaking Old Coal Plant Into Energy Storage Facility
Four companies have taken on the challenge of repurposing an old coal plant into a 2MW battery-based energy storage facility for grid support ...

IDG Contributor Network: A latency-killing, cloud storage network is coming to a city near you
There have been a lot of innovations in enterprise storage in recent years and months much of it focused on driving storage to the public cloud ...

How to expand your Macbook storage without taking up any extra space
Having a backup drive is key to anyone with a laptop, but lugging around an extra hard drive can take the convenience out of portable computing. ...

New energy storage deployments in major Asia Pacific markets expected to total nearly 37GW from 2015-2025 ...
While system costs remain one of the largest hurdles to the energy storage industry's growth, declining prices are helping to move the technology ...