Wokflow Error-Provisioning failue

Hi All
I'm looking for some help with a workflow error. I'm using a simple
loopback driver to provision edir groups, it's worked numerous times
before, but now when the entitlment is approved I get a RBPM error about
a malformed dn and the loopback driver is specified, and the
provisioning activity fails. I can't find any info on this anywhere.
Setting the logging to debug against the process gives me the same
answer in the log and on the screen. This is 401 AE meta running on
sles103 oes2sp3, the UA server is sles104, jboss and postgres,
recreating the driver and workflow gives the same error. ndsrepair is
showing no errors.
Any ideas?

--
JonH67

JonH67
1/28/2012 1:56:02 PM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've figured that it must be how designer is deploying the PRD. I've
rebuilt the whole environment, as I create the PRD and deploy it, I get
errors, go into userapp the process is there, apply it and approve, I
get an invalid entitlement path error. Looking down the trace for the
parameter i get something along the lines of this param/ault3$ then the
entitlement path. It's like it's appending some garbled rubbish before
the entitlement path. has anyone seen this before?

--
JonH67
JonH67's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=105091

0
JonH67
1/29/2012 1:06:02 PM
Sorry about the replies, I have no option to edit my own posts.
This is getting a little bizarre now. I've rebuilt the environment 4
times, 4 failures of some description, I'm now on SLES 103 32 bit,
OES2sp3, did the framework install, configure jboss and postgres on
another server. Getting the cannot deploy error for my prd. Looks like
it's half deployed, when I check to see whether it works or not, i get
the invalid entitlement path. I've checked the driver with RBE and it
entitles perfectly, either from within iManager or designer.
This was taken from the requestdefs xml data

name="CN=AssignGroupMembership,CN=Group Membership Control,CN=Driver
Set,CN=dirxml,O=admin"/><entitlement-param

activity-id="prov">'*\IDV\vault\groups\group2*'</entitlement-param><legal-disclaimers/><links><link

Taken from the JBoss log
Entitlement Path detected. Re ference Path =

Has anyone any idea, why this is happening, I noticed that there is
nothing the workflowdefs or resourcedefs, wouldn't I expect to see the
prd_name.provres in there?
This last time I followed the install docs end to end and the same
result.

--
JonH67
JonH67's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=105091
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451479

0
JonH67
1/30/2012 4:26:01 AM
On 01/29/2012 11:26 PM, JonH67 wrote:

> Sorry about the replies, I have no option to edit my own posts.
> This is getting a little bizarre now. I've rebuilt the environment 4
> times, 4 failures of some description, I'm now on SLES 103 32 bit,
> OES2sp3, did the framework install, configure jboss and postgres on
> another server. Getting the cannot deploy error for my prd. Looks like
> it's half deployed, when I check to see whether it works or not, i get
> the invalid entitlement path. I've checked the driver with RBE and it
> entitles perfectly, either from within iManager or designer.
> This was taken from the requestdefs xml data
>
> name="CN=AssignGroupMembership,CN=Group Membership Control,CN=Driver
> Set,CN=dirxml,O=admin"/><entitlement-param
>
> activity-id="prov">'*\IDV\vault\groups\group2*'</entitlement-param><legal-disclaimers/><links><link
>
> Taken from the JBoss log
> Entitlement Path detected. Re ference Path =
>
> Has anyone any idea, why this is happening, I noticed that there is
> nothing the workflowdefs or resourcedefs, wouldn't I expect to see the
> prd_name.provres in there?
> This last time I followed the install docs end to end and the same
> result.

Greetings,
     Is your Entitlement configured to be a "new" IDM 4.x Entitlement as
compared to the IDM 3.x format?  If so, then the Entitlement Activity
will not work correctly with this new format and is outlined in the
README for Designer:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm401/readme/data/designer401_readme.html#breug1z

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0
Steven
1/30/2012 12:50:01 PM
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't have to, does the integrated installer add the JSON
compatability? I'm not sure what went on, the 2nd error about the
invalid entitlement path was my fault, I forgot to add the double
backslashes to the entitlement path when building the PRD, I'm using
designer 4.0.1. Once I added the backslashes, it went back to the
malformed dn error. I rebuilt the environment with sles10sp3, used the
integrated installer, followed the same process to create the driver,
created the same PRD and it worked everytime perfectly. Is there some
extra configuration that's needed with the framework installer, there
has to be something I've missed when installing to an existing instance
of edir. I checked all of the names with imanager, console1 and
imonitor, there was nothing that I would consider malformed, in fact, I
used exactly the same names this time around.

--
JonH67
JonH67's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=105091
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451479

0
JonH67
1/30/2012 1:26:02 PM
On 1/30/2012 8:26 AM, JonH67 wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for the reply.
> I didn't have to, does the integrated installer add the JSON
> compatability? I'm not sure what went on, the 2nd error about the

If I understand it right, basically in 4.01 they changed formats.  The
functions used in a lot of drivers from 3.6.1 days with the pipe
separated values has been updated to look for JSON if there, else older
format.

However older drivers that assume a single string, seem like they will
just break with this new model.

So I do not think it is an install feature per se, rather it is a bunch
of little pieces, more configuration than code.  I.e. New driver configs
support it.  Newer driver shims might populate it right.  And so on.

0
Geoffrey
1/30/2012 1:28:49 PM
I've done some more testing and I think this may be related to the
metadirectory issue I've had, I posted a thread in the engine forum.
This is what I've found, install SLES103 32 and 64bit, SLES11sp1,
Install edir886 downloaded from novell, 886 from the idm 401a advanced
media, use the frame work installer, dxcmd version shows 4.0.1.0 not SE
or AE. Do the same as above, but install imanager as part of the OES
install, or separately , dxcmd shows 4.0.1.0 AE. Install any of the
above combinations with imanager, I get a malformed dn on any PRD I
create with an workflow failure/ RBPM error. Use the integrated
installer, either new tree or existing tree and it all works fine. I had
a customer do their own upgrade to 401 on linux, 12 metadirectory boxes,
every single one shows dxcmd 4.0.1.0. This was in preparation for
userapp, but you can't configure the userapp to use these servers as it
assumes it's SE. Also if it's not showing the correct version how does
that impact, functionality, licenses, upgrades, patches, especially to
userapp/rbpm. The only I've found to fix this is uninstall idm and
reinstall after imanager.

--
JonH67
JonH67's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=105091
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451479

0
JonH67
2/2/2012 9:26:01 AM
On 02/02/2012 04:26 AM, JonH67 wrote:

> I've done some more testing and I think this may be related to the
> metadirectory issue I've had, I posted a thread in the engine forum.
> This is what I've found, install SLES103 32 and 64bit, SLES11sp1,
> Install edir886 downloaded from novell, 886 from the idm 401a advanced
> media, use the frame work installer, dxcmd version shows 4.0.1.0 not SE
> or AE. Do the same as above, but install imanager as part of the OES
> install, or separately , dxcmd shows 4.0.1.0 AE. Install any of the
> above combinations with imanager, I get a malformed dn on any PRD I
> create with an workflow failure/ RBPM error. Use the integrated
> installer, either new tree or existing tree and it all works fine. I had
> a customer do their own upgrade to 401 on linux, 12 metadirectory boxes,
> every single one shows dxcmd 4.0.1.0. This was in preparation for
> userapp, but you can't configure the userapp to use these servers as it
> assumes it's SE. Also if it's not showing the correct version how does
> that impact, functionality, licenses, upgrades, patches, especially to
> userapp/rbpm. The only I've found to fix this is uninstall idm and
> reinstall after imanager.

Greetings,
    With the SE version you are not allowed to use Workflows, Roles,
Resource, and Attestation within the User Application.

    Some people have been able to get the non-Edition issue to be
resolved by installing the Activation and then restarting eDirectory.
If that does not work, please open a Service Request with Support and
they can address it (if you do not want to use your current work-around
of installing iManager before IDM)

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0
Steven
2/2/2012 10:48:04 AM
Hi Steven
Thanks for the reply. I'm all for sticking iManager on every box if it
makes it easy, it's not like it has to be accessed, it just sits there.
The meta servers were upgraded independantly of the userapp project and
went ahead while I was working this out. I tried the activation earlier
with no success, but I'll try again, it may actually fix the malformed
dn. If the versioning is in a bit of a flux state and a prd is accessed
and workflow started, it only fails at the approval stage, so that might
allow the prd/entitlement to be seen correctly. I'll give it a try
anyway.

Cheers

Jon

Jon

--
JonH67
JonH67's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=105091
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451479

0
JonH67

Provisioning application error after login to UserApp
Hi, I might be missing some configurations here. I created a user in iManager and then am trying to login to UserApp using this user's credential. User is logging in fine, but the first page gives the following error message ------------------------------------------------------------- Provisioning application error: Action:Application action Error Message: You do not have access rights to [menu-item] with id = [Work Dashboard]. An error occurred on 2/23/10 2:43 PM. If the problem persists, copy this message, including the date and time, and send to your syste...

errors errors errors..

ldap error -602 when choosing "manager"
For some reason if a particular user goes to edit their own information in UserApp 3.5.0 on SLES10, then can click the "browse object" icon, find the user, select it, click OK, but then they get an error of: Error:javax.naming.directory.NoSuchAttributeException: [LDAP: error code 16 - NDS error: no such value (-602)]; remaining name = "cn=manager,ou=blah,o=blah" I'm attaching the actual error message. Other users don't have this problem. ?? On 01/09/2008 09:01 AM, m_jonis wrote: > For some reason if a particular user goes to edit their ow...

Error, Error and more errors

ldap error -602 when choosing "manager"
begin 755 manager error.jpg M_]C_X``02D9)1@`!``$`8`!@``#__@`?3$5!1"!496-H;F]L;V=I97,@26YC M+B!6,2XP,0#_VP"$``@%!@<&!0@'!@<)"`@)#!0-#`L+#!@1$@X4'1D>'AP9 M'!L@)"XG("(K(AL<*#8H*R\Q,S0S'R8X/#@R/"XR,S$!"`D)#`H,%PT-%S$A M'"$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q,3$Q M,3$Q,3$Q,?_$`:(```$%`0$!`0$!```````````!`@,$!08'"`D*"P$``P$! M`0$!`0$!`0````````$"`P0%!@<("0H+$``"`0,#`@0#!04$!````7T!`@,` M!!$%$B$Q008346$'(G$4,H&1H0@C0K'!%5+1\"0S8G*""0H6%Q@9&...

error error error

error managing iPrint Manager on OES2
When I try to manage my new print manager running on OES2 using iManager 2.7 I receive the following error. Any ideas? Again, this is OES2 and iManager 2.7. Jim Webb Exception reading manager information Error Internal Server Error IPP Error: 0xF01F4 HTTP Error: 500 Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/...

Upgrade UserApp from regular to UserApp Provisioning? How?
So I seem to have started off down the wrong path here, and I can't seem to figure out how to get back on track. I have a SLES9 (VMWare VM) server here with UserApp installed and configured more or less the way I want it to work. But I've discoverred that I should have installed this as the UserApp + Provisioning edition version, and I only installed the plain one. Silly me. So how to upgrade from one to the other? Starting with Linux user (idm), with Jboss, MySql, and UserApp installed to run from /home/idm. I've tried: 1) Install the UserApp + Provisioning over ...

POA error WpeAddAttachRecords disk id mismatch. Passed ID [2] pUser ID [16]
Hi, I receive a lot of these errors on the POA _WpeAddAttachRecords disk id mismatch. Passed ID [2] pUser ID [16] What does it mean? Netware 6 SP3 running GroupWise 6.0.4 Kind regards, Arjan Jack, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options availa...

UserApp Challenge Response --Error -- userapp not accessible
Hi everyone, i got another big problem. When a user tries to set a too long challenge response question trough the User Application the JBoss Server throws a lots of Errors. After that the user app is corrupt, even a restart does not help. when entering http://serverip/IDM/ the server gets an HTTP500 Error. Why is this field not limited like the Answer field?? ------------ type Exception report message description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception javax.servlet.ServletException org.apache.jasper....

Library Manager Error
When I try to run an application from a Network Drive drive I am getting the error message "Library Manager Error - Fatal Disk Error" with the options to retry or cancel. clicking on retry will run the app most of the time. This does not happen all the machines/users. Also if we try to run it from a local drive, this error does not come up. The network seems to be stable and I am able to to run other applications with out any problems. Anybody have any sugggestions? What version of PB are you running and what is the network/OS you are running in? I recall there bei...

Roles provisioning & de-provisioning Error
Hi, I am facing an issue with Roles provisioning & de-provisioning (I have attached the log details at the end of this message): Case -1 � When I try to create and provision a user (using PRD forms) with both �Role One� and �Role Two� permission roles, then only Role One is provisioned to the user. � User App log does not show any error message/log and the workflow ends successfully. � Upon checking the RRS log I found that there is an error while provisioning �Role Two� role. java.lang.NullPointerException Error Also, I tried to provision a user with �Role Two� ro...

"APWA Error
Hi, I am getting the below "APWA Error - Provisioning Application error" while trying to make use of a resource from the "Request & Approvals" tab in user application. --> com.novell.srvprv.apwa.APWAException: failed to obtain Provisioning Request Resource last at com.novell.srvpv.apwa.actions.GetResourceList.sortList... I searched in the forums, and found that a SR was going to be raised for a similar error. Can anyone please tell me about how to go on with this issue? Thanks, mvrk -- mvrk ----------------------------------------------...

Error trying to get a ID from the ID Driver with IDM4
I call the ID Driver to get an ID from the loopback driver and I get the error message : 11:12:19 604 Drvrs: Loopback services ST: DirXML Log Event ------------------- Driver: \ECA-META\eca\services\DriverSet1\Loopback services Channel: Subscriber Status: Error Message: Code(-9131) Error in vnd.nds.stream://ECA-META/eca/services/DriverSet1/Loopback+services/Subscriber/sub-event-idsa-15juil-2010#XmlData:80 : Error evaluating XPATH expression 'token-xpath("id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)")' : com.novell.xml.xpath.XPathEvaluationEx...

Web resources about - Wokflow Error-Provisioning failue - novell.id-manager.userapp