Where are role assignment requests stored?

Hi

fresh install of IDM 4.0.1 with user application. made a mistake in
initial configuration, so the roles for uaadmin were not properly
assigned. fixed this, uaadmin can now work and has all the user
application roles assigned. However, when I login as uaadmin, I see on
the work dashboard -> request status a number of completed role
assignment requests (for the roles successfully assigned in the second
try) and a number of role assignment requests in status "running" (from
the first try). I want to get rid of those running requests (close them
or delete them).

Questions:
- how can I close / delete those running requests?
- where are such requests stored? (couldn't find them in the user
application database, so I assume in eDirectoryy?)

thanks, Peter

--
pga72

pga72
2/1/2012 9:56:02 AM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2/1/2012 4:56 AM, pga72 wrote:

> Hi
>
> fresh install of IDM 4.0.1 with user application. made a mistake in
> initial configuration, so the roles for uaadmin were not properly
> assigned. fixed this, uaadmin can now work and has all the user
> application roles assigned. However, when I login as uaadmin, I see on
> the work dashboard ->  request status a number of completed role
> assignment requests (for the roles successfully assigned in the second
> try) and a number of role assignment requests in status "running" (from
> the first try). I want to get rid of those running requests (close them
> or delete them).
>
> Questions:
> - how can I close / delete those running requests?
> - where are such requests stored? (couldn't find them in the user
> application database, so I assume in eDirectoryy?)

Look in AppConfig under the User App driver object in eDir.

RoleConf container, RoleReqs I think.

0
Geoffrey
2/1/2012 11:06:40 AM
geoffc;2172296 Wrote:
> On 2/1/2012 4:56 AM, pga72 wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > fresh install of IDM 4.0.1 with user application. made a mistake in
> > initial configuration, so the roles for uaadmin were not properly
> > assigned. fixed this, uaadmin can now work and has all the user
> > application roles assigned. However, when I login as uaadmin, I see
> on
> > the work dashboard ->  request status a number of completed role
> > assignment requests (for the roles successfully assigned in the
> second
> > try) and a number of role assignment requests in status "running"
> (from
> > the first try). I want to get rid of those running requests (close
> them
> > or delete them).
> >
> > Questions:
> > - how can I close / delete those running requests?
> > - where are such requests stored? (couldn't find them in the user
> > application database, so I assume in eDirectoryy?)
>
> Look in AppConfig under the User App driver object in eDir.
>
> RoleConf container, RoleReqs I think.

cool, found them, thanks! would you change the status or simply delete
them? is there something in User App / IDM that automatically removes
such completed requests after a while?

regards, Peter

--
pga72
pga72's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=116061

0
pga72
2/1/2012 12:36:01 PM
On 2/1/2012 7:36 AM, pga72 wrote:

> geoffc;2172296 Wrote:
>> On 2/1/2012 4:56 AM, pga72 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> fresh install of IDM 4.0.1 with user application. made a mistake in
>>> initial configuration, so the roles for uaadmin were not properly
>>> assigned. fixed this, uaadmin can now work and has all the user
>>> application roles assigned. However, when I login as uaadmin, I see
>> on
>>> the work dashboard ->   request status a number of completed role
>>> assignment requests (for the roles successfully assigned in the
>> second
>>> try) and a number of role assignment requests in status "running"
>> (from
>>> the first try). I want to get rid of those running requests (close
>> them
>>> or delete them).
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>> - how can I close / delete those running requests?
>>> - where are such requests stored? (couldn't find them in the user
>>> application database, so I assume in eDirectoryy?)
>>
>> Look in AppConfig under the User App driver object in eDir.
>>
>> RoleConf container, RoleReqs I think.
>
> cool, found them, thanks! would you change the status or simply delete
> them? is there something in User App / IDM that automatically removes
> such completed requests after a while?

I think there is a setting in the UA Admin page.  I know there is for
completed workflows.

I shall now in Steves honour say, please do not touch these directly.  :)
0
Geoffrey
2/1/2012 3:03:08 PM
On 02/01/2012 10:03 AM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
> On 2/1/2012 7:36 AM, pga72 wrote:
>>
>> geoffc;2172296 Wrote:

>>> on
>>> second
>>> (from
>>> them

>>> Look in AppConfig under the User App driver object in eDir.
>>>
>>> RoleConf container, RoleReqs I think.
>>
>> cool, found them, thanks! would you change the status or simply delete
>> them? is there something in User App / IDM that automatically removes
>> such completed requests after a while?
>
> I think there is a setting in the UA Admin page. I know there is for
> completed workflows.
>
> I shall now in Steves honour say, please do not touch these directly. :)
Greetings,
   The Role and Resource requests are kept for 7 days by default.  The
setting is on the Role Resource Service Driver.  We have a process that
cleans them up properly.  Please do not delete them yourself.

I do believe this is outlined in the documentation.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams

Manager role assignment
I have a requirement in which a user's manager must be able to make role assignment for their direct reports. Short of making all managers "Role Managers" can this be done (similarly to team resource requests)? The drawback about making all managers "role managers" is that they can create and modify all roles or make assignment to other than direct-reports. -- pcook ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/22/2009 08:36 AM, pcook wrote: > I have a requirement in which a user's manager must be able to m...

Request/assign roles via request & approvals (3.6.0)
I'm quite new to the workflow processes and currently running a quick investigating of the 3.6.0 Provisioning module to see if it will might fit our business needs. Right now I'm under the impression that requesting for a resource (request & approvals tab) and requesting for a role (roles tab) are two separate processes. Is it possible to request/assign roles via resource requests, so we'll only have to bother users with only one procedure ? (I only managed to assign entitlements via a provisioning workflow, not roles) JvH. On 02/05/2008 11:07 P...

Using application id property or Roles class to filter roles a user is able to assign
The SDK indicates that the roles.getallroles method of the roles class can return roles belonging to a particular application id. Can anyone enlighten me on how to invoke getallroles passing an application id? Also what class should I use to define applications in the aspnet_applications table of the aspnetdb.Thanks,Kevin I'm not sure what you mean by "what class should I use...".  I believe in beta 2, you just use the / for all your applications and somehow the users default correctly.  I'll leave that for someone else though.  As far as your first question, I'v...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Error selecting group for the assignment of Role from "Role Assignment Page"
Hi, I am logged in UA as user assigned to Role Manager. I would like assigning a role to a group but i get the following error selecting DNPicher control for a group from role assignment page in Role tab. 2009-01-02 23:55:56,188 ERROR [com.novell.srvprv.impl.servlet.service.ParamListLookup:doViewLookup] Invalid parameter com.novell.srvprv.impl.servlet.service.ParamListLookup = session Timeout My environment is the following: SLES 10 Sp2 eDirectory 8.8.3 Binary Version 20216.83 IDM 3.6 & UA 3.6.1 Patch B Build Revision 28588 On 01/03/2009 08:10 ...

How can I manage Users Roles without Using the inbuilt ASP.NET role management
 Hi,I need to build a framework for loading links based on whether user has right to access a page. I expect the application to load only those links that user can access when he logs in.I actually want to load the links with web.sitemap.  Can some advise me on how to do this without using the inbuilt ASP.NET role managementThank you.  You need to enable security Trimming in your website ,http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178428.aspx Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the f...

Roles, roles, roles
Hey is it posible o have a role for a user to only update the content? I don't want that user to change skins or to make other admin changes... up I think if you allow a role to edit contents on a module level he wont be able to change anything else. Did you try that? cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands if you allow a role to edit contents in a module lets say discussions module, then that role will be able to edit, delete the threads. so for a role to be able to add new thread only, do we need to write our own code?-keeara g------------------ keeara, see...

How can I manage Users Roles without Using the inbuilt ASP.NET role management (for real)
I would like to use User Roles without using the inbuilt ASP.NET role management feature. Unlike the other thread, the topic is what I am actually looking for. I already have a user database, and a table with 'membership role' levels. So I want to use that. I had no problem using Authentication... FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie works great. But I can't seem to code the Roles from scratch. Roles.AddUserToRole(profileUserID, "admin") complains bitterly that there is no RoleManager setup. If I add "roleManager enabled="true", it says there ...

Role Manager role problem
Hi, I've been giving a user (let's call him userA) the Role Manager role, without creating any container to which this userA is a trustee. This userA has access to the Assign Roles, and can therefore browse the users to assign roles to. When i choose a userB in using this browsing method, i can see which roles he has access to, and moreover i can delete them, even if my userA hasn't any Trustee right on the role to be deleted (or its container). Any idea why ? I would like to avoid this behavior, which is not secure to my mind. Any idea what i'm doing wrong ...

Get Role by role ID
How can I retrieve a role based on the Role Id? Yeah but there is nothing built in i can see.  Write your own function or extend whats there. Select RoleId From aspnet_Roles ar Inner Join aspnet_Applications aa on aa.ApplicationID = ar.ApplicationID Where ar.RoleName = @RoleName and aa.ApplicationName = @ApplciationNameJared RobertsLead Application Developer Thanks for your help. I have written the stored procedure. How do i call this from within the code similar to the like of Role.Exists etc. you need to right your own class or extend whats there.Jared RobertsLead App...

Assigning and manageing concurrent primary key ids
 I have a form where the user is filling out a work order. The form has a few different tabs, such as labor, parts, etc. I need to allow the user to enter in serveral rows of parts / labor into a grid  (what type I could care less), once they have added all the labor / parts they hit save and the data from the grids need to be saved to the database. When they hit save I do an insert into the main work order table, then grab a work order id created and use it as the Primary Key to save the labor / parts etc into their respectible tables. My biggest issue how to manage the wo...

Assign a role to a role
I was wondering if I could assign a role to a role?Example: I have 3 departments: HR, IT, FI. Each of them have read, change and superuser roles (e.g. hr_read, hr_change, hr_superuser). Now I would like to globally assign them to roles like: system_read, which would contain hr_read, it_read and fi_read. If that is not possible is their a workaround for that?Thanks, appreciate your answersChris ...

change Initial Request Description when assign group to role
Hi, When i assign a role to a group the role driver process all group's member and assign that role and the linked resource with the Initial Request Description equal to "Automatic Assignment" fort the role and "Created by the Role Driver" for resourse. Is it possible to customize theese descriptions. I would like to set the reason the user has been assigned to a group. thanks On 04/12/2011 03:30 AM, Giacomo Parravicini wrote: > Hi, > > When i assign a role to a group the role driver process all group's > member and assign that ro...

Manager's view of direct-report assigned roles
I'm trying to develop a method in which managers can view role assignment to their direct-reports. They should be able to see all group, inherited, and assigned roles. Then I need to develop a method wheras a manager can revoke an assigned (not inherited or group) role. First, is there any portlet that might be able to be used for the manager to view direct-report roles? It would be preferable to use the web service to do so if possible. I've been experimenting with exposing user nrf[Assigned|Group|Inherited]Roles via the DAL but with them being structured attributes I'm ...

Web resources about - Where are role assignment requests stored? - novell.id-manager.userapp

Assignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HootSuite Rolls Out HootSuite Assignments Google Chrome Extension
Social-media-management platform HootSuite announced the release of HootSuite Assignments , a browser extension for Google Chrome that enables ...

KOMO Assignment Desk (@KOMODeskFolk) on Twitter

TeacherKit - Class Organizer, Teacher Planner, Gradebook, Assignment List, Attendance and Student 's ...
Get TeacherKit - Class Organizer, Teacher Planner, Gradebook, Assignment List, Attendance and Student 's Grade Tracker on the App Store. See ...

One of my least favorite assignments is covering tragedy. I'm a family man and my wife and kids mean ...
Explore troywayrynen's photos on Flickr. troywayrynen has uploaded 342 photos to Flickr.

Fits and Starts - An Art Assignment - YouTube
A short routine assembled and edited for The Art Assignment (https://www.youtube.com/user/theartassignment), set to an original track by Son ...

Animal of the Day: Mittens the Hermaphroditic Cat to Get Gender Assignment Surgery
Meanwhile in Canada… A cat born with both male and female genitalia in Newfoundland is about to go under the knife. Mittens was found in the ...

School assignments go high-tech
How much do you help your kids with their school projects? How much do you help your kids with their school projects? Remember when the pinnacle ...

Students enlist MyMaster website to write essays, assignments
Students from almost every university in NSW are paying up to $1000 to have their essays written by a Sydney-based company, undermining the academic ...

Snow Sky confirms spring assignment as England stayer enters quarantine - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
ONE of the leading fancies for the Melbourne Cup, top English stayer Snow Sky has been confirmed as heading to our shores after entering quarantine ...