MYSQL Install error installing UA 3.6.1

When I run the ./JBossMySQL.bin installer to install JBoss and MYSql, I get
the following error in the JBossMySQL_InstallLog.  I am authenticated as
root.  I abandoned a custom install because of the same errors.

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)
^G/opt/novell/idm/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost'
failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.novell.sock'
exists!
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.novell.sock' (2)

I realize this is not a MySql support forum, but since I am running the
UserApp install script which installs mysql, this seems like the appropriate
place to post this question.  Any help would be appreciated...

-Mike

0
Michael
9/14/2008 4:35:53 PM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OK, it looks like it is a setting in the my.cnf file:

socket          = /tmp/mysql.novell.sock

Is this setting correct?  Wouldn't the ID that gets created by the instal
(mysql) need to have rights here?  There is nothing in the docs regarding
this.  Should I change this line to read socket          =
/opt/novell/idm/mysql/mysql.novell.sock where the mysql ID has rights?

-Mike

0
Michael
9/14/2008 4:43:22 PM
Greetings Mike,
   Did you start MySQL.  It is not running after the install.

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
exteNd & IDM Senior Technical Support Engineer

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:43:22 +0000, Michael Kijewski wrote:

> OK, it looks like it is a setting in the my.cnf file:
>
> socket          = /tmp/mysql.novell.sock
>
> Is this setting correct?  Wouldn't the ID that gets created by the instal
> (mysql) need to have rights here?  There is nothing in the docs regarding
> this.  Should I change this line to read socket          =
> /opt/novell/idm/mysql/mysql.novell.sock where the mysql ID has rights?
>
> -Mike

0
Steven
9/14/2008 4:47:18 PM
The error is during the install.  The install displays the message "Please
wait...JBossMySql is being configured for your system". It then finishes
with the message "There were errors during the installation of mysql Check
the JBossMySQL_Instal1.Log for details"  The errors I posted are the errors
that are in the log immediately after the install.

I am going to rename the IDM directory, and retry the install.

-Thanks
0
Michael
9/14/2008 5:28:12 PM
On 09/14/2008 12:28 PM, Michael Kijewski wrote:

> The error is during the install.  The install displays the message "Please
> wait...JBossMySql is being configured for your system". It then finishes
> with the message "There were errors during the installation of mysql Check
> the JBossMySQL_Instal1.Log for details"  The errors I posted are the errors
> that are in the log immediately after the install.
>
> I am going to rename the IDM directory, and retry the install.
>
> -Thanks

The errors sound like it is trying to connect to MySQL which it should
not be doing at all during the install.

Run the JBossMySQLinstall.bin (I think that is the name) first, this is
the convenience installer. This will just lay down 3 directories, MySQL,
JBoss, and a Java runtime.

Then you can run User App using the Java runtime installed by the
convenience installer.
0
John
9/14/2008 6:30:31 PM
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:35:53 GMT, "Michael Kijewski"
<mkijewsk@med.umich.edu> wrote:

>When I run the ./JBossMySQL.bin installer to install JBoss and MYSql, I get
>the following error in the JBossMySQL_InstallLog.  I am authenticated as
>root.  I abandoned a custom install because of the same errors.

Unless something has changed, you're not supposed to be logged in as
root. You're supposed to create a user, log in with that user, and use
it to install MySQL and friends.

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp            http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.
0
dgersic_

Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1".
Name: Jonathan Sprague Email: sprag80atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Cannot use persona add-on in 3.6 Beta i. I get this error message:"Personas 1.3.1 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6b1". Comments: I have Windows 7. Personas 1.3.1.does not add-on to my system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b1) Gecko/20091029 Firefox/3.6b1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

Userapp 3.5.1, Jboss, mysql and window2003 install error
Dear sir I'm new with IDM and UA. I done develope the system. Right now I'm install UA3.5.1 Application on window2003 STD SP2 with jboss and mysql that lunch from UA application and got jboss install error. I try to find how to fix on this page with notthing seem to help. On this server I'm install only UA3.5.1. For eDirectory IDM3.5.1 and eDirectory8.8.5 is seperate on another machine. I also import the server.log and boot.log from my jboss with this thread. All configuration is default configuration, create new key, start mysql, start jboss but with this error ...

UserApp 3.6.1 gets 504 errors with NAM 3.1.1 IR2
I'm front-ending IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (patch C) with NAM 3.1.1 IR2 It mostly works. Until I go into the admin section and go to Portlet admin I click the little "plus" sign to expand the portlets. Then I find the portlet (I've tried the 3 common ones - Detail, Search, and Org Chart). I then click the "plus" next to the portlet and it expands to show me the registered portlet. If I then click on the registered portlet to actually administer it, NAM immediately throws a: Status: 504 Gateway Time-Out Description: Lost connection to origin server...

Installing ID-Provider under IDM 3.5.1 Installation
Novell Identity Manager 3.5.1 / Windows Server 2003 Novell eDirectory 8.8 / Window Server 2003 Novell iManager 2.6.0 / Windows Server 2003 Hi I was just wondedring, is there any documentation availble describing installing ID-Provider driver with Novell Identity Manager 3.5.1 Installation on Windows Server 2003? Regards, Maqsood. -- love anything that talks binary! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ belaie, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, an...

DNN 3.1 Install, not fully installing (Policy Error)
I am getting some strange behavior when trying to install an instance of DNN 3.1 on my hosting provider.  I have installed it several times now, and everytime, it runs through the install process, but when I access my portal, it is missing MANY modules (such as HTML, Announcements, etc).  And, there is no "Clear Cache" on the module menus, and the default portal doesn't seem to load the normal "Template".I have installed it on my localhost without any problems many, many times.  It seems that it is only when I upload the files, and run the install on my hosting provider that t...

3.0.13 to 3.1.1 install error
I upgraded, did all the upgrade steps(i think), including machine keys in web.config and I'm getting the following error when bringing up the site's URL Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObjectNotCached(String ObjectProviderType) +26 DotNetNuke.Services.Ca...

[ID 20010727.008] AIX 4.3.3 Perl 5.6.1 make install failure
This is a bug report for perl from c29677@cessna.textron.com, generated with the help of perlbug 1.28 running under perl v5.6.0. ----------------------------------------------------------------- I've followed the instructions to build Perl 5.6.1 with symlinks outside the source tree, and to do a tar install, to make a special distribution to put out on a web server. When I run make install (as root), though, I get this fatal error: make install.perl install.man STRIPFLAGS= make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target README from dependencies. Stop. make: ...

Install keeps failing : Cannot install windows installer 3.1
Hello,This is quite weird, whenever I try to install VS 2005 .net express, I get a failure right at the start of the installation process, the installer says : Could'nt install Windows installer 3.1 ....sigh, I'll never get this to work ..thanks Can you try to install Windows installer 3.1 from the Microsoft web site?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c   Let us know if that works? Thanks. -Bret...

Install JDK for UserApp 3.6.1
Section 2.5 of the docs is a little vague for those of us that aren't linux gurus: The Roles Based Provisioning Module and User Application Standard Edition installation programs require that you use the Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Development Kit version 1.5. Version 1.6 is not supported. Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK* to use with the User Application. Or, manually specify the path during the User Application install to override JAVA_HOME. So, in the past what I've done is get the jdk-1_5_10-linux-i586.bin from Sun's site direc...

UA 3.7 MySql error after install
Hi all, I install the JBoss+MySql on a W2k3sp2 server. When I use the JBossMySQL.exe installer everything goes oke, until I start MySql at the end. The error is something like: warning option thread stack. unsigned value 65536 adjusted to 131072. The same error occurs when I start mysql with start-mysql.bat After that the UA installer cannot create the tables during the install. What goes wrong here? Other question, how do I uninstall UA, JBoss & MySQL. Can I just delete the whole directory? thanks Casper -- idmforumuser --------------------------------...

3.1.1 Install Error
Hello,I am trying to install DNN 3.1.1 on a shared Web server. I have read the install docs, performed a clean install several times and still receive the following error:Installing DotNetNukeVersion: 03.01.01 Installation Status Report00:00:00.296 - Installing Version: 3.1.000:00:00.296 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.SetUp.SqlDataProvider00:00:00.359 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Schema.SqlDataProvider00:00:06.984 - Installing Script: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider00:00:12.687 - Installing MemberRole Provider:00:00:12.687 - Executing InstallCommon.sql00:00:14.328 - Executing InstallMem...

Java requirements for UA 3.6.1 install
I am getting the error "bash: java: command not found" when I try to run the command java -jar IdmUserApp.jar. I suspect it is because I do not have the appropriate path statement pointing to my Java install. But is there also any requirements for specific environmental variables to be set? If so what are they any where is the proper place to put them ./bashrc, /.bash_profile, startup script? Also the install doc says I need JRE 1.5.0_15 (pg. 14) and also says I need Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Development Kit version 1.5 (pg. 33) Are these the same? Sorry fo...

Installation errata for UA 3.6.1 available?
Is there an errata, or is anyone collecting tips/tricks/gotchas for getting user app installed successfully? I seem to be running into a lot of issues, most have work arounds, relating to the installation of the product. Much time can be saved by others if there was such a document that can be made available. The most recent issues (but not an exhaustive list) include: 1) Cannot install driver config files on an iManager server without IDM engine installed. Work around - Install them in a bogus directory on a server with the IDM engine, then copy them to the appropriate directory ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Web resources about - MYSQL Install error installing UA 3.6.1 - novell.id-manager.userapp

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper