error/exception handling

Is there a way to hook into an exception handler to change what it does
and how it shows unhandled errors on the page.

The strait forward way is to put try catch everywhere. But it looks
like UA has exception handler allready so maybe it is possible to
override it???

--
are79

are79
4/15/2010 9:06:02 AM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 04/15/2010 05:06 PM, are79 wrote:

> Is there a way to hook into an exception handler to change what it does
> and how it shows unhandled errors on the page.
>
> The strait forward way is to put try catch everywhere. But it looks
> like UA has exception handler allready so maybe it is possible to
> override it???

No, you need to catch your own errors in your own scripts.

0
John

Exception Handling Block Event Log Error "The description for Event ID () in Source ()
 Hello, I have noticed this question a lot in the forums but no one seems to answered it.  How do i get rid of"The description for Event ID (blah) in Source (blah) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from" from the event log when using Microsofts "Enterprise" library Exception Handling with Logging block.thanks ...

Exception Handling/Management
I'm looking into using exceptions for the first time, and one of the things I came across was this.  I have my database consisting of x number of tables with fields.  Most of those fields are of type varchar and have constraints, e.g... RoleId must exist in tblRoles for the records to be inserted into to tblUsers. Or the Username column in tblUsers has a unique constraint and the maximum length is 20 Now, it seems silly having to validate every single parameter that is submitted to the application before attempting to insert as that surely defeats the purpose of ...

Exception Handling Error
I am trying to understand some code that I am using from a book, there is a section for logging exceptions that is being called that I do not completely understand and would appreciate some insight:  public static void LogException( Exception ex ) {using ( StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter( HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath( "~/ExceptionLog/LogFile.txt" ) , true ) ) {sw.WriteLine( DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString() + Environment.NewLine + ex.InnerException.ToString() + Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine ); } } The program is calling this method when I try runni...

Page Request Manager Server Error Exception : Error with serializing Textbox Value
I am getting following error When I am trying to assign a Property of type Textbox to ASP.Net Textbox control :  Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Error serializing value 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox.' Thanks in Advance  Happy Coding,Ajay Ajay, I couldn't quite understand this from your description.  Can you post some code?  How are you assigning a Textbox property to the Textbox control? JamesJames Ashley, Magenic Technologies(j...

WebService Script Call Error Handling
I've got a call to a c# (asmx) web service from my JavaScript, which works fine on my local machine but when I deploy it to IIS, the call is failing.Unfortunately, even though I've implemented the documentation suggested error handler, I get no useful information back from the error object I catch: get_statusCode(); -> '500' get_timedOut(); -> 'false' get_message(); -> 'There was an error processing the request.' get_stackTrace(); -> empty get_exceptionType(); -> emptyAny ideas why I'm not getting anything back from my web method? If I n...

Error rendering control. An un handled exception has occured. Exception Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' Was thrown
After creating a composite control when i switch to design view, i get this error : Error rendering control. An un handled exception has occured. Exception Type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' Was thrown . control code is as follows::Imports Microsoft.VisualBasicImports System.WebImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsNamespace newcustomControl    Public Class customComposit        Inherits Table        Dim searxhText As TextBox        Dim searchBu...

Handling errors with @@ERROR
I have code in a stored procedure to handle errors by checking "IF @@ERROR <> 0".   However my ASP.Net page displays an error message anyway when an error occurs. I have a feeling that as soon as there is an error it is based back to my ASP.Net web page and the stored procedure does not get to to my IF line or something similiar to that. Is there a way I can force the stored procedure not to raise an error automatically.  I want to handle these using my IF block....

sys.webforms.page request manager server error exception:An unknown error occured while processing the request on server. The status code returned from the server 403
I am using Visual Studio 2005 and AJAX Enabled web site. I am using backend as SQL Server 2005. My form contains the details of Sequence Number which is to be stored under one sequence name into database. If it exists it returns error through procedure. First time it will work correctly. Next time if i want to save the data in different name.  I got this exception & connection time out expired exception can any body help it out. "sys.webforms.page request manager server error exception:An unknown error occured while processing the request on server. The status code returned fr...

GridView Error/Exception Handling
 Hello, Can some one tell me how to gracefully handle exception errors with GridView? I'm using a GridView with ObjectDataSource. Because of the constraint on my database table, delete is not possible if the selected data is associated with other data in other table (to prevent orphaned data). Instead of getting an ugly error page, I'd like to display the error message neatly in a label. I'm using the default select, update, delete buttons in the gridview. How can I do this? I tried  a simple try-catch statement on the delete button click event but it didn't work.Th...

Exception Handling and Error Page
Hi, I am building a new application where I want to handle exception in proper way. I am enclosing all code in try, catch blocks. How do I raise exceptions happened any where and finally capture them in Servlet and log it and forward a good error page to user ? Can anyone provide me some samples ? Thanks User You can map an error page to a particular HTTP status code or java Exception. These pages will capture the exception information which you can then do with what you like. Carson ________________________________ Carson Hager Cynergy Systems, Inc. http://www.cyner...

Error Handling and Cast Exceptions
I am new to programming and .NET and am trying a simple VB form program to mess around with integers. The program has 2 textboxes to get numbers from the user and I am trying to ensure that the text entered is in the form of a number(integer). My code gives me an error when trying to run the program. I get the message box but when I click the OK button it causes the error. The specific error is: ((An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in microsoft.visualbasic.dll Additional information: Cast from string "a" to type 'Integer' is not val...

Error: Exception thrown has not been handled
I clicked on a buttom and show this: "Error: Exception thrown has not been handled.: System.AccessViolationException int32 sethtmlaction(intptr, system.string, system.string) of object datawindowinterop.semanticfunctions." Someone knows how to solve this problem? ...

DNN2 Exception Handling Error
I moved my DNN site and database to a production server and now get this error: An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. I've not been able to identify the fix for this error. If anyone has resolved this error, please send me your fix. Thanks. DanDan Slaby, MBA, MCSD the aspnet user should have read/write permissions on the entire DNN directory (including the portals/_default dir where the exception xml file is...) MattMatt FraserDotNetNuke Core TeamLiquid...

Exception Handling error in web.config
Hello, I have the Exception handler defined in my code, and I have this configuration: <add name="UI Policy"> <exceptionTypes> <add type="System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" postHandlingAction="None" name="Exception"> <exceptionHandlers> <add logCategory="UI" eventId="100" severity="Error" title="UI Policy Logging" formatterType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.TextExceptionFormatter, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, Pub...

Web resources about - error/exception handling - novell.id-manager.userapp

Motor vehicle exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The exception is based on the idea that there is a lower expectation of privacy in motor vehicles due to the regulations they operate. Additionally, ...

Podcast #42 – It’s The Exception That Proves The Rule
... Language and Usage , which was frustrated by the high number of certain types of questions that were coming in. Is this podcast the exception ...

RWW News: Marco Rubio Reiterates His Opposition To Rape Or Incest Exceptions - YouTube
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/marco-rubio-reiterates-his-opposition-rape-or-incest-exceptions Right Wing Watch reports on the extreme ...

Can Tunisia, the 'Arab exception', hold on to democractic ideals amid turmoil?
The terrorist attack on the Bardo Museum, in Tunis, represents yet another episode of senseless, barbaric violence in the name of Islam.

Bike thefts spike in exception to drop in crime
... level in nine years, with a 28 per cent jump in three months. Bicycle thefts have soared to their highest level in nine years, a rare exception ...

Many rugby films wind up in dead ball area but The Ground We Won is an exception
If rugby is the game they play in heaven, rugby movies generally come from a lesser place.

Most consumers better off after carbon tax scrapped – with one possible exception
Households are roughly $550 a year better off since the scraping of the carbon tax, but air travellers may wonder if they are being overcharged, ...

Men Need to Admit That Jian Ghomeshi Is No Exception
That men like Jian Ghomeshi are a terrible exception and if we as men simply stand up and say we are not as bad as that, or that we are not rapists ...

China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement
China, Thailand reach visa exception agreement People's Daily Online ... this at a forum on China's foreign diplomacy held in Beijing. Both ...

No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily
No exception allowed in graft crackdown: People's Daily - Ecns.cn ecns The expulsion of Ling Jihua from the Communist Party of China (CPC) ...