2 way picklist onClick

Hi,
I have a requirement of populating a field based on the value selected
in a 2 way picklist. Now, if i select more than one value in the 2 way
picklist, i need to set the other field as blank. I am using the
following code to find the index of the selected value and its value:

var index = document.uiform._CoreRoles.selectedIndex;
var SelectedValueName = document.uiform._CoreRoles[index].value;

Now, when multiple values are selected and the above variables are
printed using the alert method, the index and the value of the value
that has the lowest index is printed. Can anybody help me in this
regard.

Regards
Saurabh

--
skachru

skachru
6/9/2009 6:46:02 AM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 06/09/2009 01:46 AM, skachru wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a requirement of populating a field based on the value selected
> in a 2 way picklist. Now, if i select more than one value in the 2 way
> picklist, i need to set the other field as blank. I am using the
> following code to find the index of the selected value and its value:
>
> var index = document.uiform._CoreRoles.selectedIndex;
> var SelectedValueName = document.uiform._CoreRoles[index].value;
>
> Now, when multiple values are selected and the above variables are
> printed using the alert method, the index and the value of the value
> that has the lowest index is printed. Can anybody help me in this
> regard.
>
> Regards
> Saurabh

What you really need to get is a count of the number of entries? How
about getValues and check the length of the array returned?
0
John

2 way picklist onClick event
Hi, I have a 2 way picklist. Currently, i have written an onClick event which populates another fields based on the value clicked on the left side of the picklist. Can we fire an onClick event based on the value selected on the right side of the picklist. Regards Saurabh Kachru -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 06/24/2009 07:16 AM, skachru wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 2 way picklist. Currently, i have written an onClick event > which populates another fields based on the value clicked on the left &g...

2 way picklist
I have a 2 way picklist on the form. There are some pre-populated values on the right side when the form gets loaded. Now, if the user tries to de-select those values and move them to left side, i need to give a message and a yes, no option. If user selects yes, the value should move to left and if user selects no the value should remain on the right side. but this behaviour should not happen if user moves a value from left to right. Can anybody suggest how can i achieve this functionality. Regards Saurabh Kachru -- skachru -------------------------------------------------...

Issue in 2-way picklist
Hi, I have 3 picklists:One is 2-way list(coreRoles) and other two are 1-way picklists (coreFunctionalTask and coreAppList). On click/focus on left-side of any role in 'coreRoles' picklist, I need to populate data on 'coreFunctionalTask' and 'coreAppList' field. I am using following code: var varCoreRoles=form.getValue("coreRoles"); form.setValues('coreFunctionalTask',IDVault.get(null,String(varCoreRoles), 'Role', 'chwUPRoleFunctionalTask')); var appAccessArray=new Array(); var appArray=new Array(); var tempArray; a...

displaying 2 way picklist
Hi I have a requirement of making a picklist 2-way dynamically at runtime. Normally we set the show-2lists attribute to true in the properties of the picklist. But how can i achieve this at runtime by writing a piece of code. regards Saurabh -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 05/11/2009 03:46 PM, skachru wrote: > Hi > > I have a requirement of making a picklist 2-way dynamically at runtime. > Normally we set the show-2lists attribute to true in the properties of > the picklist. But how can i ac...

2 way picklist issue
Hi, I have a 2 way picklist. I am hiding this field on the onLoad event. When a specific condition is met, i am making this field visible through field.show() method. But the 2 way picklist does not appear. Can anyone help me in this regard. Regards Saurabh -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Greetings Saurabh, That has been covered in this list, that it is a known bug. Also, you asked the same question on 13-May-2009 in the Thread "2 way picklist show/hide" and were told then that it was a known bug....

2 way picklist is driving me crazy
And i know i am doing something wrong, so sorry in advance. We have users and groups (companies). A company has roles (plain attributes, not the RBPM) to get access to resources. A user has a subset of these attributes. In a 2 way pick list we fill the left with a global query. We try to fill the right one with the already assigned information. As soon as we place the field.select we get a script error, whatever i try with the syntax. .....eh Help ! Below is the event (on another field which provides the data populateLeft(); populateRight(); function populateLeft(){ v...

2-way picklist display issue
Hi, Is there any way I can get a 2-way picklist to cover 2 fields ? I have created a form where we have everything in 2 columns to conserve space and would like the 2-way picklist to cover both columns, right now it just looks ugly. Either the picklist gets to small or we get a big space between the columns. Thanks -- ----------------------------------- joakim . ganse_@_ accept-it . se ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi Joakim, you can use jQuery to rearrange form items and massage the GUI - set "colspan" in yo...

2 way picklist show/hide
Hi, I have a 2 way picklist. While loading the form,i am hiding this picklist using field.hide() method. When the form gets loaded,the picklist becomes hidden but an extra space gets created in the form. How can i remove this space. Regards Saurabh -- skachru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 05/13/2009 02:16 PM, skachru wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 2 way picklist. While loading the form,i am hiding this > picklist using field.hide() method. When the form gets loaded,the > picklist becomes hidden but an ext...

Way to scroll pages in PD (from 1/2 to 2/2)
Has anyone come across a good way to change which page of data PD displays? I can't see how to move from the first page of data to the last page of data (if for example the user adds a row, and I want to show the blank row to the user)? Thanks, David In Dynamo: // function to test whether page parameters are defined function GetParam( envparam ) { if( exists(document.value[envparam] ) ) { return document.value[envparam]; } return ""; }; // create the component and check for errors dwMine = java.CreateComponent( "DataWindow/HTMLGenerator&...

A way to add New vendors into ZCM 10.2.2 #2
Is possible to add new vendors and links to download patches to deploy using this ZCM tool?? and a second question.. sub set of the previous Q: in to a existing vendor is possible to add new languages? we need to use microsoft PT from portugal patches and in zcm patch managment we have only PT Brasilian.. they are bigger but is not the same :p is possible to add the pt-pt subset from microsoft or another vendor? Tanks -- GIL_CARTAXEIRO ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gil, duplicate - heard you the first time! :-) ...

IDM 2 Notes driver 2.1.2 no-id-file
I am trying to use the no-id-file attrib, but when I set it to true it overrides(or ignores) the create-mail and store-useridfile-in-ab attribs in the XML and then fails to create the account because of "Required registration argument not provided" id 4299. Is there something else I need to set to use this attrib or is it a bug? Darrell O'Regan --____NJRISRHQOIWEHDXFFFCT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 5 Apr 2006 06:59:48 -0600" D...

IDS Policy Manager 1.6.2 Released
"IDS Policy Manager 1.6.2 Released May 26 13:00 2005 GMT This new release of IDS Policy Manager adds a few minor changes. If you are running a version older then 1.6, you will not getting rule updates. We still see a lot of people trying to update their rules from activeworx.org. Sourcefire has change the licensing for the rules and you must have IDS Policy Manager version 1.6+ to download the rules directly from snort.org. If you don't, you will not get updates. Enjoy the new release! The changes include: * Added - Support for external syslog server ...

What is the best way to manage 2 EAS (test and production) ??
To apply modifies with a few time and with more realibility (also managing versions) ?? Thanks ...

[ID 20011125.143] h2ph generating error with glibc-2.2.2-10
This is a bug report for perl from rconover@bangtail.net, generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.6.1. ----------------------------------------------------------------- [Please enter your report here] When attempting to generate all ph files for my system with h2ph, a generation error occurs when h2ph encouters a line such as: #if defined __cplusplus || !__GNUC_PREREQ (2, 7) || !defined __USE_GNU which is located in /usr/include/sys/socket.h it h2ph generates this line: if(defined (defined(&__cplusplus) ? &__cplusplus : 0) || !(defined(&_...

Web resources about - 2 way picklist onClick - novell.id-manager.userapp

The Orlando Project
The Orlando Project is an experiment in the integration of text and technology. It has designed and continues to enhance digital tools to harness ...

Charles Mok 可圈可點
多得梁振英錯愛,想不到我今天的一篇香港家書(註一),再要求成立科技局,都能夠得到特首這麼認真地以新聞公告(註二)回應,實在要感激他。 特首辦的回應說:「由於立法會拉布,現屆政府至今未能落實建議...(莫乃光)提到行政長官上任前曾承諾會成立科技及通訊局,有關建議雖然在立法會內得到主 ...

P - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter P.

Winter ’14 Developer Preview
Summer is fading and fall will soon be here. Question: do you know what the best part of fall is? That’s right, the winter release of Salesforce.com. ...

App outreach and sustainability: lessons learned by Portland, Oregon
The big problems faced by contests and challenges in government apps are encouraging developers to turn their cool apps into sustainable products, ...

Magento - Wiki - All Articles
Menu OUR SITES Magento Magento's Corporate Site Enterprise Edition Enterprise-Class Platform Magento Go Small Business Storefront Connect Extensions ...

List Master - Video Demo
Login List Logic Software List Master Lists Your Way VIDEO DEMO MY LISTS Signup Help FAQ Tips and Tricks iPhone App Screenshots Video Demos Description ...

Attachments - OnTime Developer API
These are the get, post, and delete methods for managing attachments in the OnTime RESTful API.

App outreach and sustainability: lessons learned by Portland, Oregon
Having decided to hang around Portland for a couple days after the Open Source convention , I attended a hackathon sponsored by the City of Portland ...

Final Draft 8 for Windows review: Screenwriting software ready for its close-up
... write the screenplay. You'll have to bring your own brilliant ideas, but Final Draft can help with the format. Final Draft 8's Elements picklist ...