2 way picklist onClick

Hi,
I have a requirement of populating a field based on the value selected
in a 2 way picklist. Now, if i select more than one value in the 2 way
picklist, i need to set the other field as blank. I am using the
following code to find the index of the selected value and its value:

var index = document.uiform._CoreRoles.selectedIndex;
var SelectedValueName = document.uiform._CoreRoles[index].value;

Now, when multiple values are selected and the above variables are
printed using the alert method, the index and the value of the value
that has the lowest index is printed. Can anybody help me in this
regard.

Regards
Saurabh

--
skachru

skachru
6/9/2009 6:46:02 AM
novell.id-manager.userapp 4379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 06/09/2009 01:46 AM, skachru wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a requirement of populating a field based on the value selected
> in a 2 way picklist. Now, if i select more than one value in the 2 way
> picklist, i need to set the other field as blank. I am using the
> following code to find the index of the selected value and its value:
>
> var index = document.uiform._CoreRoles.selectedIndex;
> var SelectedValueName = document.uiform._CoreRoles[index].value;
>
> Now, when multiple values are selected and the above variables are
> printed using the alert method, the index and the value of the value
> that has the lowest index is printed. Can anybody help me in this
> regard.
>
> Regards
> Saurabh

What you really need to get is a count of the number of entries? How
about getValues and check the length of the array returned?
0
John

Web resources about - 2 way picklist onClick - novell.id-manager.userapp

The Orlando Project
The Orlando Project is an experiment in the integration of text and technology. It has designed and continues to enhance digital tools to harness ...

Charles Mok 可圈可點
多得梁振英錯愛,想不到我今天的一篇香港家書(註一),再要求成立科技局,都能夠得到特首這麼認真地以新聞公告(註二)回應,實在要感激他。 特首辦的回應說:「由於立法會拉布,現屆政府至今未能落實建議...(莫乃光)提到行政長官上任前曾承諾會成立科技及通訊局,有關建議雖然在立法會內得到主 ...

P - Computer dictionary and glossary
Computer dictionary abbreviations, definitions, glossary, and terms beginning with the letter P.

Winter ’14 Developer Preview
Summer is fading and fall will soon be here. Question: do you know what the best part of fall is? That’s right, the winter release of Salesforce.com. ...

App outreach and sustainability: lessons learned by Portland, Oregon
The big problems faced by contests and challenges in government apps are encouraging developers to turn their cool apps into sustainable products, ...

Magento - Wiki - All Articles
Menu OUR SITES Magento Magento's Corporate Site Enterprise Edition Enterprise-Class Platform Magento Go Small Business Storefront Connect Extensions ...

List Master - Video Demo
Login List Logic Software List Master Lists Your Way VIDEO DEMO MY LISTS Signup Help FAQ Tips and Tricks iPhone App Screenshots Video Demos Description ...

Attachments - OnTime Developer API
These are the get, post, and delete methods for managing attachments in the OnTime RESTful API.

App outreach and sustainability: lessons learned by Portland, Oregon
Having decided to hang around Portland for a couple days after the Open Source convention , I attended a hackathon sponsored by the City of Portland ...

Final Draft 8 for Windows review: Screenwriting software ready for its close-up
... write the screenplay. You'll have to bring your own brilliant ideas, but Final Draft can help with the format. Final Draft 8's Elements picklist ...