Sync Two Directories on Same Server

With eDirectory 8.8, it is now possible to have multiple directories on
the same physical server.

However, it appears that synchronizing two such directories is not
possible because the IDM drivers require the same port number on both ends.

Am I wrong? Is there a way to do this?

Yancey
0
Yancey
2/1/2006 7:41:21 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Set the drivers to use different ports. Something like:
localhost:2000:2001 on one driver, and localhost:2001:2000 on the other
driver.
--
Perin Blanchard, DevNet SysOp 43

Yancey wrote:

> With eDirectory 8.8, it is now possible to have multiple directories on
> the same physical server.
>
> However, it appears that synchronizing two such directories is not
> possible because the IDM drivers require the same port number on both ends.
>
> Am I wrong? Is there a way to do this?
>
> Yancey
0
Perin
2/1/2006 7:49:56 PM
Oooohh... is that in the IDM3 docs? I didn't find it.

Anyway, I tested it and it works perfectly!
Novell thinks of everything. :-)

It also occurred to me that you should (in theory) be able to use two IP
addresses which both belong to the same server (so you could use a real
assigned IP address and the loopback address as the other one).

Yancey

Perin Blanchard, DevNet SysOp 43 wrote:
> Set the drivers to use different ports. Something like:
> localhost:2000:2001 on one driver, and localhost:2001:2000 on the other
> driver.
> --
> Perin Blanchard, DevNet SysOp 43
>

> Yancey wrote:
>>
>> With eDirectory 8.8, it is now possible to have multiple directories
>> on the same physical server.
>>
>> However, it appears that synchronizing two such directories is not
>> possible because the IDM drivers require the same port number on both
>> ends.
>>
>> Am I wrong? Is there a way to do this?
>>
>> Yancey
0
Yancey

How to manage two jaguar server in two computer
I installed two jaguar CTS in two computers, and i deployed successfully,(it is easerver361 version). now i want to manage the two server in a jaguar manager. then i added two jaguar server to the jaguar manager , but i only can manage the first server. how can i manage my servers in a manager, HELP ME!!! David Zhang I'm not sure I fully understand the issue, however I think you need to create an IIOP listener on another port for the second server. Then you can connect to that server with Jaguar Manager by specifying the new port. Regards, Dave Fish [TeamSyb...

Known issues with Microsoft Driver manager and SQL Server driver ?
Hello, Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded Database drivers(ASA) ? Thanks, Chethan please clarify this asi quite honestly I have no clue what you are asking. DriverManager will keep track of all loaded JDBC drivers and use the 1st driver which matches the URL. > Hello, > > Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager > hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded > Database drivers(ASA) ? > > Thanks, > Chethan > > ...

Driver on two servers
We have eDirectory (8.8sp2) running on two servers, one is master, the other is R/W. We also have IDM 3.5.1 with several drivers on both servers for redundancy. Usually, drivers are running on one server and off on the other. And they can fail over if necessary. Recently, we figure out when events come into driver, they will be processed by the running driver and cached in the "off" driver of the other server. Therefore, when we swith driver to the other server, it will look at driver cache and re-process events in it again. It sounds not reasonable. We know we can clear th...

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

server to server sync
HI, I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers and basically I just need to sync the files on occassion. Any help Appreciated Raymond raymond3402@yahoo.com wrote: > I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to > communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files > on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers > and ba...

load the same manager on two servers
I was wondering if I could load the same manager on two servers as long as I have DNS pointing to both of them. Im looking for a way load balance my 600 printers as they are only located on one box right now. Thoughts? -- GeoffreyKOBrien ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geoffrey, I think that is not a supported configuration and will make you more problems then before. Why not split the printers between two separate print managers ? Rainer -- brunold ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Adding a second Server to a Driver Set and Moving Drivers to the New Server
Is there a good TID or documentation on how to make this move? The move will happen between to servers with the same OS. One server is running eDir 8.7.3.3. The new server is running 8.7.3.7. Greg Niemeyer Greg, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and optio...

management two ip address on the server
I have a server (novell 6 sp 5) with 2 NIC ("N1" and "N2"). The N1 has the ip-address 192.168.1.1 The N2 has the ip-address 10.1.1.1 I created a subnet for the N1 and afterwards added the N2 that I created for another subnet In the DHcp server the situation is a) 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 for N1 b) 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 for N2 I have inserted into DNS internal the name "ser1" that corresponds to 192.168.1.1 (by inserting "record a"). The name of my server is "ser1". If from the workstation that is connected to ...

Want to compare test server directory with production server directory- easy way?
Hey guys, do any of you know of an easy way to compare two directories? I'd like to compare all the asp files between my test server and production server. Right now, I only know of doing that from the command prompt... and that's a lot of files to "fc file1 file2" for. I'd like to think I could just print out both directory listings, and compare by date and file size... but I'm kinda anal, and know that's not a bulletproof way. :) Thanks! -Thomas Beyond Compare... It's awsome. We use it here at work. http://www.scootersoftware.com/ check it out :// 13one Well,...

Synchronize directories on two different servers
Is there a nlm utility that can be run daily that will synchronize directories on two different servers? , > Is there a nlm utility that can be run > daily that will synchronize directories > on two different servers? I suggest you have a look at TaskMaster from www.avanti-tech.com - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 Taskmaster from http://www.avanti-tech.com/ -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Supp...

Identity Manager Driver for Active Directory
hi, where I can download the driver for Identity Manager 4.0 for Active Directory? thanks -- eden_silva ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > where I can download the driver for Identity Manager 4.0 for Active > Directory? download.novell.com on the IDM 4 download page, and it is on the base DVD ISO. Try the identity-Manager.engine-drivers forum if you need more help, since this is the Novell Access Manager forum. thanks friend -- eden_silva ---------------------------------------------------------------...

management two ip address on the server
I have a server (novell 6 sp 5) with 2 NIC ("N1" and "N2"). The N1 has the ip-address 192.168.1.1 The N2 has the ip-address 10.1.1.1 I created a subnet for the N1 and afterwards added the N2 that I created for another subnet In the DHcp server the situation is a) 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 for N1 b) 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 for N2 I have inserted into DNS internal the name "ser1" that corresponds to 192.168.1.1 (by inserting "record a"). The name of my server is "ser1". If from the workstation that is connected to ...

Active Directory driver with two domains
Hello, We have an Active Directory driver that creates mailboxes on a Exchange 2007 System. The driver calculates the SMTP email address according to an algorithm and so it needs to query the destination Active Directory to see if an email address is available. The Active Directory driver points to an Active Directory domain "A" wich is father of another Active Directory domain "B". The Exchange 2007 system has mailboxes for the Active Directory domains "A" and "B". When the algorith mades a query, it not verify if the email address is...

Web resources about - Sync Two Directories on Same Server - novell.id-manager.drivers

List of web directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open Directory Project (a.k.a. ODP or dmoz) – The largest directory of the Web. Its open content is mirrored at many sites, including the Google ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: About Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

PBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Philadelphia Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.