SSL connections

Scenario:
a) server 1 - OES Linux with eDir881, installed IDM vault and
              AD driver (mode - connect to remote loader)
b) server 2 - Windows 2003 with eDir881, installed remote loader
              and AD driver.
Both servers in the same tree.

Question 1: for SSL connection between IDM engine and remote loader I
must create server certificate (used for connection string) and export
self-signed CA certificate. For server certificate - what server I need
select in "Create Server Certificate wizard" (Linux box or Windows server?

Question 2: for SSL connection between AD driver and AD on the Windows
server I must create certificate for LDAPS on the Windows server.
What right FQDN name for windows server?
I tried different formats but they not working - after certificates was
created and imported LDP.exe can't connect to LDAP via 636 port.
If server have DNS name srv.mydomain.com, what I need write to
certificate request in Subject string?

Regards, Igor
0
sam644
11/29/2006 7:14:52 AM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is the remoteloader on a DC or member server?
-jim

sam644@mail.ru wrote:
> Scenario:
> a) server 1 - OES Linux with eDir881, installed IDM vault and
>               AD driver (mode - connect to remote loader)
> b) server 2 - Windows 2003 with eDir881, installed remote loader
>               and AD driver.
> Both servers in the same tree.
>
> Question 1: for SSL connection between IDM engine and remote loader I
> must create server certificate (used for connection string) and export
> self-signed CA certificate. For server certificate - what server I need
> select in "Create Server Certificate wizard" (Linux box or Windows server?
>
> Question 2: for SSL connection between AD driver and AD on the Windows
> server I must create certificate for LDAPS on the Windows server.
> What right FQDN name for windows server?
> I tried different formats but they not working - after certificates was
> created and imported LDP.exe can't connect to LDAP via 636 port.
> If server have DNS name srv.mydomain.com, what I need write to
> certificate request in Subject string?
>
> Regards, Igor
0
Jim
11/29/2006 2:23:33 PM
0
ab
11/30/2006 2:27:51 AM
> Is the remoteloader on a DC or member server?
> -jim
>
> sam644@mail.ru wrote:
> > Scenario:
> > a) server 1 - OES Linux with eDir881, installed IDM vault and
> >               AD driver (mode - connect to remote loader)
> > b) server 2 - Windows 2003 with eDir881, installed remote loader
> >               and AD driver.
> > Both servers in the same tree.
> >
> > Question 1: for SSL connection between IDM engine and remote loader I
> > must create server certificate (used for connection string) and
export
> > self-signed CA certificate. For server certificate - what server I
need
> > select in "Create Server Certificate wizard" (Linux box or Windows
server?

> > Question 2: for SSL connection between AD driver and AD on the
Windows
> > server I must create certificate for LDAPS on the Windows server.
> > What right FQDN name for windows server?
> > I tried different formats but they not working - after certificates
was
> > created and imported LDP.exe can't connect to LDAP via 636 port.
> > If server have DNS name srv.mydomain.com, what I need write to
> > certificate request in Subject string?
> >
> > Regards, Igor

Remoteloader installed on the primary domain controller.

Regards, Igor.

0
sam644
11/30/2006 6:44:06 AM
Thank's. Now I understand it.
I used two boxes scenario.

But knowledge is power and I want to know answer to the second question...
I tried follow IDM and Microsoft documentation for switch on SSL LDAP
access to AD and it is still don't work on my windows server.
What FQDN I need use (in LDAP format or any another).
I tried use full LDAP name (this server's name I see after connecting to
the AD via LDP.EXE port 389), but after issued certificate on the Novell
CA and importing to Windows box I can connect to AD via 636 port.

Regards, Igor.

0
sam644
11/30/2006 6:58:15 AM
One more question:
you wrote "clear out authentication field ..."
But how remoteloader can authenticate to AD in this case?
If follow documentaion in driver configuration I need enter next:
1)authentication ID: <user login name with admin account ont he AD >
2)Authentication context: <winserver.abc.local>
3) password for authentication ID: <password>

What mean "clear out authentication field" ?

Igor.

> Thank's. Now I understand it.
> I used two boxes scenario.
>
> But knowledge is power and I want to know answer to the second
question...
> I tried follow IDM and Microsoft documentation for switch on SSL LDAP
> access to AD and it is still don't work on my windows server.
> What FQDN I need use (in LDAP format or any another).
> I tried use full LDAP name (this server's name I see after connecting
> the AD via LDP.EXE port 389), but after issued certificate on the
Novell
> CA and importing to Windows box I can connect to AD via 636 port.
>
> Regards, Igor.

> > The SSL certificate for the engine-to-Remote-Loader connection should
be
> > associated with the Linux server.  That KMO's short name (not
including
> > hyphen and NCP server name) should be specified in the driver on the
> > Remote Loader line (kmo='theDriverName').
> >
> > Put the Remote Loader on an AD box that is a Domain Controller and you
> > don't need SSL between the RL and the DC.  Clear out the
authentication
> > field, set ssl, signing and sealing to 'no', and make sure
> > authentication type is Negotiate (vs Simple).  Star things up and
enjoy
> > a faster, simpler, and arguably more-secure environment with fewer
> > points of failure (two boxes instead of three).
> >
> > Good luck.
> >

> > sam644@mail.ru wrote:
> > > Scenario:
> > > a) server 1 - OES Linux with eDir881, installed IDM vault and
> > >               AD driver (mode - connect to remote loader)
> > > b) server 2 - Windows 2003 with eDir881, installed remote loader
> > >               and AD driver.
> > > Both servers in the same tree.
> > >
> > > Question 1: for SSL connection between IDM engine and remote loader
> > > must create server certificate (used for connection string) and
> export
> > > self-signed CA certificate. For server certificate - what server I
> need
> > > select in "Create Server Certificate wizard" (Linux box or Windows
> server?
> > >
> > > Question 2: for SSL connection between AD driver and AD on the
> Windows
> > > server I must create certificate for LDAPS on the Windows server.
> > > What right FQDN name for windows server?
> > > I tried different formats but they not working - after certificates
> was
> > > created and imported LDP.exe can't connect to LDAP via 636 port.
> > > If server have DNS name srv.mydomain.com, what I need write to
> > > certificate request in Subject string?
> > >
> > > Regards, Igor

0
sam644
11/30/2006 8:01:50 AM
> [...]

> > > Both servers in the same tree.
> > >
> > > Question 1: for SSL connection between IDM engine and remote loader
> > > must create server certificate (used for connection string) and
> export
> > > self-signed CA certificate. For server certificate - what server I
> need
> > > select in "Create Server Certificate wizard" (Linux box or Windows
> server?
> > >
> > > Question 2: for SSL connection between AD driver and AD on the
> Windows
> > > server I must create certificate for LDAPS on the Windows server.
> > > What right FQDN name for windows server?
> > > I tried different formats but they not working - after certificates
> was
> > > created and imported LDP.exe can't connect to LDAP via 636 port.
> > > If server have DNS name srv.mydomain.com, what I need write to

0
sam644
11/30/2006 8:01:58 AM

http://www.novell.com/documentation/idmdrivers/ad/data/bv0tbi5.html

Authentication Context

"If no value is specified, localhost is used."

For the RL on a DC leave it blank to avoid any unnecessary over-the-wire
communication.

Good luck.

sam644@mail.ru wrote:
> One more question:
> you wrote "clear out authentication field ..."
> But how remoteloader can authenticate to AD in this case?
> If follow documentaion in driver configuration I need enter next:
> 1)authentication ID: <user login name with admin account ont he AD >
> 2)Authentication context: <winserver.abc.local>
> 3) password for authentication ID: <password>
>
> What mean "clear out authentication field" ?
>
> Igor.
>

>> Thank's. Now I understand it.
>> I used two boxes scenario.
>>
>> But knowledge is power and I want to know answer to the second
> question...
>> I tried follow IDM and Microsoft documentation for switch on SSL LDAP
>> access to AD and it is still don't work on my windows server.
>> What FQDN I need use (in LDAP format or any another).
>> I tried use full LDAP name (this server's name I see after connecting
>> the AD via LDP.EXE port 389), but after issued certificate on the
> Novell
>> CA and importing to Windows box I can connect to AD via 636 port.
>>
>> Regards, Igor.
>>
> The SSL certificate for the engine-to-Remote-Loader connection should
>> be
> associated with the Linux server.  That KMO's short name (not
>> including
> hyphen and NCP server name) should be specified in the driver on the
> Remote Loader line (kmo='theDriverName').
>
> Put the Remote Loader on an AD box that is a Domain Controller and you
> don't need SSL between the RL and the DC.  Clear out the
>> authentication
> field, set ssl, signing and sealing to 'no', and make sure
> authentication type is Negotiate (vs Simple).  Star things up and
>> enjoy
> a faster, simpler, and arguably more-secure environment with fewer
> points of failure (two boxes instead of three).
>
> Good luck.

>>> export
>>> need
>>> server?
>>> Windows
>>> was

0
ab

Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hello, I am getting the following error while connecting to SQL Server 2005 from my ASP application. Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Appreciate your quick help.  Thanks, Satya. Hi Satya, This exception may be caused by a few reasons, please refer to the KB article below to trouble and fix it. PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345Jian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies ...

AD driver and SSL connection
hi, Trying to get eDirectory and AD sync, when IDM is running on NW 6.5 serv= er = and Remote Loader on AD controller. After creating AD driver between "Test" OU in active directory and "Test= " = O in eDir syncronization is working, but after enabling SSL sertificate = = errors are occurred. I create new certificate for server SKUMBRIA ('DirX= ML = - SKUMBRIA' listed on eDir), and export Public Key Cert with C1: DirXML = - = SKUMBRIA.b64. On remote loader is SSL enabled and browsed to this file, = on = driver specified kmo=3D'...

SSL connection closed (uploading driver)
Hi, I'm trying to upload a driver for a Canon iP5200R to my broker (running on a NW65.SP2 server). The copy to DRVR_TMP completes, then there's a pause, followed by a message box saying "The SSL connection has been closed". I've tried the old favourite of re-creating the driver with pdrvgen.exe, but the same thing happens. iPrint client is v4.12. Any ideas? Thanks, Iain This client is compiled with a version of Open SSL that is not compatible with the older version of NILE.NLM on the server. If you update to at least SP4 on the server, this ...

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open
Dear friends, I have difficulty to connect my database through ODBC connection. When I try to do that in Data Explorer under section of ODBC, I will face with "Failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open" error. I have no idea where it comes from. I tried on different PCs with Windows 7 and 8 based on 64 bit and 32 bit machine. My database is Postgres. Could anyone help me out please? >When I try to do that in Data Explorer under section of ODBC I saw a lot of problems using the data explorer with various connection types (odbc, MSSQL) Try to co...

connect syntax using ODBC driver manager
Hi, Could anyone please show me an example of the connect syntax necessary for a connecting using an ODBC driver manager. 1. Is this correct: $dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:ODBC:sql_lite",''",''"); where sql_lite is defined in $ODBCINI: [ODBC Data Sources] sql_lite = OpenLink SQL Server Lite Driver User = me Password = myPassword etc. etc. 2. Do I have to explicitly define the username and password in the call to connect() if they are defined in $ODBCINI? TIA, Pete Peter Levine 415-286-5716 - 345 California pwl4@pge.com ...

SSL Connection Between the Active Directory Driver and DC

Cannot Connect to Sql Server Management Studio
 We are working with a need to implement SSL and I used the IIS resource kits selfssl.exe tool to create a certification to test somethings on localhost. This worked well and I logged off, went home, logged back on from home via vnc and worked some more.  No problems.  I then logged off and called it a night.  I did not uninstall the personall ssl certificate.  At midnight, my machine reboots and defrags.  Just including all the 'variables' I can think of. This morning I came into work and noticed that I could not successfully connect to the website...

Informix 9.21 (IDS.2000) and Native Driver to connect it!
I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I connect from development environment. I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21 on Windows NT. I have this problem with Native Driver "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net v9.x" The database painter show me the owner of table wrong! This problem was correct in any other release? Thanks Alejandro Del� Please refrain from cross-posting your questions. See reply in the connectivity newsgroup. "Alejandro Del�" <alejandro_delu@siu.edu.ar> wrote in messag...

Connection still apperas in SQLServer Entreprise Manager over Locks / process ID
Hello,i have a doubt here, after a close the connection, i still can see the last stored procedure active in the LOCKS/PROCESSID in enterprise manager of SQL SERVER.I think i'm closing the connection well Try If Me.ID > 0 Then Dim strSql As String = "SP_CHANGECLASSCONTENTS" Dim sqlcommand As New SqlCommand(strSql, New SqlConnection(ConnStr)) sqlcommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure sqlcommand.Parameters.Add("@PerformActivation", SqlDbType.Bit).Value = 0 sqlcommand.Parameters.Add("@PerformInactivation", SqlDbType.Bit).Value = 0 sqlcommand.Parameters.Add("@PerformDelete...

IdCmdTCPServer with SSL
Hello I'm trying to connect a TIdTCPClient (developed with Delphi6) vs a TIdCmdTCPServer (developed with Delphi XE6) throw SSL. I get error "Error connecting with SSL" on TIdTCPClient.Connect. I have OpenSSL libraries on both sides. *Server code (Delphi XE6)* {code} FTCPServer := TIdCmdTCPServer.Create(nil); FTCPServer.DefaultPort := FConf.port; FTCPServer.OnConnect := TCPServerConnect; FTCPServer.OnDisconnect := TCPServerDisconnect; FTCPServer.OnException := TCPServerException; FTCPServer.IOHandler := TIdSe...

I am Installing GWMobile 3.01 In the portion for SOAP configuration on the POA, since I want to use a SSL Connection Can I change the SOAP SSL to Enable and Not interrupt the connection for our existi
--____RFCKOFBDHFBBWJKUFDIF____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 8 Jun 2009 10:12:14 -0400" SSBhbSBJbnN0YWxsaW5nIEdXTW9iaWxlIDMuMDEgSW4gdGhlIHBvcnRpb24gZm9yIFNPQVAgY29u ZmlndXJhdGlvbiBvbiB0aGUgUE9BLCBzaW5jZSBJIHdhbnQgdG8gdXNlIGEgU1NMIENvbm5lY3Rp b24gQ2FuIEkgY2hhbmdlIHRoZSBTT0FQIFNTTCB0byBFbmFibGUgYW5kIE5vdCBpbnRlcnJ1cHQg dGhlIGNvbm5lY3Rpb24gZm9yIG91ciBleGlzdGluZyBCbGFjayBCZXJyeSBzZXJ2ZXIgdGhhdCBp cyB1c2luZyBTT0FQPw0KU2hvcnQgVmVyc2lvbi4uLi4uV2hlbiB1c2luZyBTT0FQIGlzIGFsbCBj b21td...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

Query a Connected System from a Driver not Connected to tha
Hi all, We are using IDM version 3.6. I am using the following article: - 'Query a Connected System from a Driver not Connected to that System | Novell User Communities' (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6302) So I have configured the following local vars: x-Query: Code: -------------------- <do-set-local-variable name="x-Query" scope="policy"> <arg-node-set> <token-xml-parse> <token-text xml:space="preserve">&lt;nds dtdversion="3.5" ndsversion="8.x"> &a...

query a connected system from a non connected driver
Hello all, We are using IDM 3.5.10.20070918. I am trying to do a query to a non directly connected system using the info in '' (http://tinyurl.com/9w5wga)and http://tinyurl.com/6cxtko and are having "issues" to say the least; the *name space *is declared; <policy xmlns:dircmd="http://www.novell.com/nxsl/java/com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.cmd.DriverCmd"> my query looks like this; <do-set-local-variable name="Var_Q_Auth" scope="policy"> <arg-node-set> <token-xml-parse> <token-text xm...

Web resources about - SSL connections - novell.id-manager.drivers

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

'How To Get Away With Murder' Season 2 Spoilers: Annalise, Wes, Eve's Connection Teased
Here are some spoilers from the second half of "How to Get Away With Murder" season 2.