OES vs SUSE vs IDM vs my future sanity

In the past, Novell has indicated that their -primary- platform for
Identity Manager is SUSE Linux.  IDM development on the OES platform was
secondary.  A good example of this philosophy in action was when OES2
SP1 was released on Linux, which created versioning conflicts between
IDM 3.5, eDir 8.8.4, OES, etc.  Since then, eDir version 8.8.5 has been
released which eases the versioning issues and brings solidarity to the
OES and straight-up Linux platforms.

Can we expect future releases of OES to be in harmony with IDM from now
on, or is it likely that versioning issues between the three may
reoccur?  Has there been any philosophical shift in this area,?

We had decided on utilizing non-OES SUSE Linux for IDM boxes, however
licensing issues (it is cheaper for OES) and the recent releases of
OES/eDir are causing us to re-evaluate.

--
JoelCBennett

JoelCBennett
12/3/2009 5:46:02 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

JoelCBennett,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

\ vs / vs %

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Panel vs PlaceHolder vs UpdatePanel vs ???
I have a need to add controls to a form dynamically.The control type, number, order, properties, etc. will not be known until run time so no controls can be predefined. In general, a source defines which controls must be added to a form, a user will make some entries/selections and submit.On postback, the user's submission will be processed and some controls' property values, perhaps even the controls themselves, will change with the updated results displayed to the user. There are numerous ways to handle dynamic controls.I've considered Panels, Pl...

Confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM
Hello, I am confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM when to use which? I have to parse an xml document in VS 2005 using C#. Can someone answer this...just want to know the if I can use SAX in .NET or use the regular lib's...

GridView vs DataList vs Repeater vs Formview vs DetailsView
In development there is always a question which control to choose. I think many developers including myself are not clear on which control should be should for which purposes. Can you pls explain what are the pros and cons of these controls and also why some say that Gridview is a heavy control and repeater is a light control what does that mean. what makes a control heavy and what makes a control light......does it really matter in professional applications  which control you use? kindly throw some light. thanks. Still kind of new myself, but this is what my book says:Control - Cap...

VWD VS VS?
I have VWD Express and I have Visual Studio Standard on my learning/development machine. Is there any reason to use VS over VWD. I think VS may have some deployment features that VWD Express does not, but I could always switch over to VS if I needed. I've used both on the same projects and that hasn't caused me any problems so far. Pros and cons? Thanks. James http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/06/26/647516.aspx BTW, typica VS license is per user, not per machine, you may be able to use VS on more than one machine - check the EULA.Thanks-----------------------------------...

SQOD: masterpages and VS 2003 vs VS 2005
Hi All, Apologies, I'd delve into this further myself but I'm pressed for time and I know I can find a quick answer via the forums. I have a few basic questions: I'm just starting to look at masterpages as a possible means to apply a common look-n-feel for my (growing) web app. I currently have VS 2003. - is the masterpage functionality available in VS 2003? - do master pages allow css-type positioning? are they the best way to enforce positioning? And, regarding VS 2005 - what are the major differences (iow, is it worth it upgrade now to VS 2005) - what does ...

mySql vs msSql vs msSql2005Express vs MsAccess
Can Someone tell me what is the pros & cons of the above database? Is there any good links for the above topic? Thank you.chankl78 MySQL free open source RDBMS(relational database management systems) with limited features pros free con limited features. Microsoft SQL Server one of the big three RDBMS Express is just an edition, while SQL Server is now number one in relational calculus that part is not included in Express because it is totally free. http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/features/compare-features.mspx Express pros free con without data automation and relational...

array vs arraylist vs dropdownlist vs ListBox
I am still learning a lot about asp.net. I have code where I am loading an sqlObjectReader with multiple field records and i am looking at different ways to parse and store the records I get. So, I am thinking that I would like to use the sqlObjectReader.read method, to run through all of the records it has, and to store those records in a different object type. It looks like the dropdownlist, listbox, and arraylist only allow for me to have one item per row, which doesn' t meet what I want. Can I do this with an array ? Or, is there no easy way to add these items dynamically ...

the Bat! vs. Pegasus vs. Eudora vs. others
Hello, all... the time has finally come for me to roll out a new email client on my company's network. yes, happy days are here... and i've finally convinced the powers that be to allow me to prohibit the use of Outlook and Outlook Express for POP and SMTP at the company where i work. So... i will be in the market for a new email client and i wanted to just toss a few points that i'm thinking about into the newsgroups (follow-ups set to grc.security only) since i know that many of you have already taken these steps in the right direction. The following are condition...

IBS vs. DNN vs. RP vs. PSK
What are the main differences between the IBuySpy, DotNetNuke, Rainbow Portal, and Portal Starter Kit tools? I'm just starting to look at them and don't really want to dig down into each individual one to find its pros/cons. Can someone point me to an existing assessment? I know that DNN is based on IBS (I think Rainbow is, too), but I don't know what was added/changed. Nor do I know how these differ from the starter kit that was released by Microsoft. If anyone can help me out, here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin.com ...

//p vs ($??{ }) vs ...
Let me see if I can translate for you. I hate impasses, especially on stuff I'm using :-) I believe Ilya wants to make a //p option that will postpone regexp interpolation on all variables used in the regexp until match time: $foo = "then"; $re = qr/$foo/p; $foo = "now"; "how now" =~ /$re/ && print "This should match"; With RC1 (which doesn't have //p), you have to write that as: $re = /(??{ $foo})/; Sarathy seems to be a little confused about the interaction between //p and (?{ ... }) blocks. My und...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Web resources about - OES vs SUSE vs IDM vs my future sanity - novell.id-manager.drivers

Digital Marketing And Social Media Blog - The Future Buzz
The Future Buzz is the digital marketing and social media blog of Adam Singer, covering everything media, marketing and PR.

Legal Futures - Market intelligence for firms of the future
The number of personal injury claims management companies (CMCs) has fallen below 1,000, it has emerged, down from 2,300 at the start of 2013. ...

Phil of the Future - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Phil of the Future is an American sitcom that originally aired on Disney Channel from June 18, 2004, to August 19, 2006 for a total of two seasons. ...

Save the planet from apocalypse in Marvel Future Fight
For fans of the Marvel franchise, a blockbuster RPG has recently been updated just for you. The latest version of Marvel Future Fight brings ...

Politics and the Future
It is political season in the US. For the next three months (ish) the two major political parties will select their nominees, then there will ...

Why Apple's Future Failure is Certain
Idiots will flame this post " clickbait ". It's how they draw attention to themselves, to inflate their egos; others mistakenly will assign motivation ...

Future iPhones may contain Li-Fi, a technology with transfer speeds 100x faster than Wi-Fi
Recently discovered code in iOS suggests that Apple may be exploring the feasibility of incorporating Li-Fi functionality into future iPhone ...

Microsoft's new Minecraft game for schools could help build future customers
As part of an effort to expands its presence in classrooms, Microsoft on Tuesday announced plans to release a new version of the popular video ...

Monday Night Futures
... Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor. From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures : ...

The mobile phone of the future will be implanted in your head
Implantable technology and driverless cars headline a number of bold predictions from the Davos World Economic Forum survey of 800 industry leaders ...