Moving IDM3 to new netware server

I am glad I tried this in testing first because I think I hosed up my
server. I am trying to move IDM3 from one netware server to another. The
server I want to move it too is in the same Tree and has the needed
replicas.

What I tried to do first is simply assign the driver set this new server--I
kept getting some odd imanager errors. So I abandoned that and simply added
the new server to the driver set in Designer and deployed. That didnt seem
to work either.

What I *thought* was supposed to happen was when I assign the new server to
the driver set in imanager I get prompted to copy the server specific
information. And then I am good to go and can start the drivers on the new
server(after I gen new ssl certs of course). I am missing some important
step? Thanks!

0
Jeff
7/19/2006 5:16:17 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You should have been able to do what you are trying to do from either
iManager or Designer. It's hard to tell exactly what is going wrong from
your description (lacking the exact error messages), but two things that
you might check are:

Does the new server have a replica of the driver set partition?
Does the new server have IDM installed on it?

--

Father Ramon

Jeff Johnson wrote:
> I am glad I tried this in testing first because I think I hosed up my
> server. I am trying to move IDM3 from one netware server to another. The
> server I want to move it too is in the same Tree and has the needed
> replicas.
>
> What I tried to do first is simply assign the driver set this new server--I
> kept getting some odd imanager errors. So I abandoned that and simply added
> the new server to the driver set in Designer and deployed. That didnt seem
> to work either.
>
> What I *thought* was supposed to happen was when I assign the new server to
> the driver set in imanager I get prompted to copy the server specific
> information. And then I am good to go and can start the drivers on the new
> server(after I gen new ssl certs of course). I am missing some important
> step? Thanks!

0
Father
7/19/2006 7:40:12 PM
I got it working. The new server did have all the needed replicas---however
iManager(2.5) kept throwing an error that the server I was adding did not
have a replica of the partition the drivers were located in and asked me if
I wanted to add one. I said yes even though the replicas were present and no
nds errors. So it eventually proceeded to add the server. I then did a copy
of the server specific data through iManager and got the other server
working. I realized that my application passwords were not copied from the
iManager copy so I had to re-enter those.

"Father Ramon" <devforums@novell.com> wrote in message
> You should have been able to do what you are trying to do from either
> iManager or Designer. It's hard to tell exactly what is going wrong from
> your description (lacking the exact error messages), but two things that
> you might check are:
>
> Does the new server have a replica of the driver set partition?
> Does the new server have IDM installed on it?
>
> --
>
> Father Ramon
>

> Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> I am glad I tried this in testing first because I think I hosed up my
>> server. I am trying to move IDM3 from one netware server to another. The
>> server I want to move it too is in the same Tree and has the needed
>> replicas.
>>
>> What I tried to do first is simply assign the driver set this new
>> server--I
>> kept getting some odd imanager errors. So I abandoned that and simply
>> added
>> the new server to the driver set in Designer and deployed. That didnt
>> seem
>> to work either.
>>
>> What I *thought* was supposed to happen was when I assign the new server
>> the driver set in imanager I get prompted to copy the server specific
>> information. And then I am good to go and can start the drivers on the
>> new
>> server(after I gen new ssl certs of course). I am missing some important
>> step? Thanks!

0
Jeff

Adding a second Server to a Driver Set and Moving Drivers to the New Server
Is there a good TID or documentation on how to make this move? The move will happen between to servers with the same OS. One server is running eDir 8.7.3.3. The new server is running 8.7.3.7. Greg Niemeyer Greg, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and optio...

How to move a GroupWise Driver to new server
OK, I know I have posted this before, but I wanted to get a clear question out because I can't find any documentation on how to do this procedure. I currently have a GW driver, and it is running on a NetWare server. I moved my primary domain to a sles box running edirectory on it. I need now to move the GW driver over to that box. I do not know how to get this done and was hoping someone had some info on the procedure to move it. I know I need to associate the new server to the driverset, but it doesn't seem to go. And then, should I back the driver up, delete it, and rest...

Move Border Manager Server or Install new
I am currently running 3 NW 6.0 servers, one with Border Manager 3.6. The following is what my servers are doing: Exist. Server A (File/Print/DNS/DHCP) - Being replaced by a new server Server B (Border Manager 3.6 / Gwia) - Being replaced by Exist Server A Server C (Apache/GW 6.0/FTP) Can I move Border Manager from Server B to Exist. Server A and upgrade to Boder Manager 3.9 or Should I do a complete install of 3.9 on Exist. Server A? Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com In article <MXVIi.1773$NG7.371@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Kenneth Heinz wrote: > Can I move Border ...

Moving Repserver (ID-Server) to a new box
Hi Group, in the following repserver domain: repserver1 ^ || || route || v repserver2 (ID-Server) we have to move the repserver2 to another box. Any ideas or someone out there who has done a "smart" move of an ID-Server ? Note: we are glad to have a time frame where the system can be completely quiesced of about 12 hours. A Brute Force solution would be: - setting up a new repserver3 (which will be his own ID server) on the new box; - quiesce the system for some time; - drop all routes and connections in the old repserver ...

Using Storage Manager to move server to new hardware
I'm getting ready to use Storage Manager to move my NW 4.11 w/SP9 to new hardware, prior to upgrading the Tree to NW 6.x. While the procedure seems simple enough (I'm just going to use a boot floppy on the new server to copy the partitions over), I was concerned about bringing the server up on a new NIC. At home, on my test network, I have six computers and I'm always installing new versions and OS's on them, and, in the past, have had issues when using the same NW server name on a different NIC than it was on before (the old server and Tree no longer exist). ...

Move eDir to AD driver to new Windows server
Okay so my wording is probably wrong. Currently our eDir to AD driver has defined an authentication context and a hostname that's our Windows 2000 DC. That server (The Win2K) has the Remote Loader on it. We need to upgrade to Windows 2003. But we're not going to do an in-place upgrade. So, in the test lab, the Windows guys have setup a new Windows 2003 DC. Can I just go into the driver object and change the authentication context and hostname to the new server? And then install the remote loader on that new server? -- kjhurni ---------------------------...

C05D errors after moving GroupWise to new NetWAre server
Hi, Moved a 70GB GroupWise 7.0.1 system from a NetWare 6.5 w/SP6 to a new NetWare 6.5 w/SP6 server, all seemed ok until... we tried opening messages with various users and many messages returned a dreaded C05D error and the POA complained that it was missing MSGxx.DB files in the OFMSG folder of the PO. Extra info: the entire po was copied to the new server with no files missing, same number of bytes. All links and ip addresses for POA and MTA were adjusted in Console One to point to the new server and the appropriate .poa and .mta config files adjusted as well. Ran gwcheck...

Move NW6SP3 Server to NEW Server
Hello What is the best way to move a complete nw6sp3 server with nds and volumes to a new machine. are ther any tid's to help to do the prodedure? Thank you Paul Something like TID10085160 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

moving ifolder server to new server
I would like to move iFolder to a new, faster server. Users access the current via an NDS name that I would prefer to leave pointing to the old server. What is the easiest procedure? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- duplicate Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ I am very new to novell. Can you please explain? "Suzanne Miles" <smiles@NOSPAMthebisgroup.com> wrote in message news:6cqik0l5a5ql4a928mr1o1a7f61ehre4el@4ax.com... > duplicate > > ...

Moving NDPS Manager, Broker, and printer agents to a new server.
Hello All: How would I go about in moving my entire NDPS printing system from server to another. Both servers are 5.1 sp6, edir 8.7.0.3, both servers in the same tree and OU as well as on same segment. Thanks Please see http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10016871.htm Joerg ...

Move 5.5 to 6.5 , new server, new tree, new everything
Hi, Running GW 5.5.5 on NW 5.1, single PO and Domain, about 108 users. I have read all the posts in here going back a few months regarding the upgrade/migration/graft of 5.5 to 6.5, one thing I did not come across though was the problem of having a new Tree/IP address and such, during the process. Is this possible? I already have the new tree setup ( 2 servers clustered) running NW6.5 if I follow the procedures mentioned beforehand about moving the directory structure from 5.5 to 6.5 and then startup 6.5 to upgrade the .db's to 6.5 will this also allow me to do any PO na...

Move single ZCM server to new server
Hi, We have a pretty small production environment, with a single ZCM 10.3 server. The server is currently running as a XEN virtual machine. I want to move it over to VMWare on a different box. I was thinking that I could just do an install of SLES 10.3 on the new VM, and then copy the *var*, *etc* and *opt* directories from the old box onto the new. Any feedback on this? Will it work? Should I first do an install of ZCM on the new box, just to make sure all package dependencies have been met? -- mbrady ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Move DHCP from old server to new server
I haven't done this before, but I have installed a new Netware 6 server to replace my old one. The old one has DHCP on it... and I'd like it to run off the new one... what's the easiest way of tackling that move? Unload DHCPSRVR on the old server. Create a new DHCP server object. Assign the existing subnets to the new DHCP server. Load DHCPSRVR on the new server. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp > Unload DHCPSRVR on the old server. > Create a new DHCP server object. > Assign the existing subnets to the new DHCP server. > Load DHCPSRVR on the new server. >...

Web resources about - Moving IDM3 to new netware server - novell.id-manager.drivers

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ