Identity Manager Driver for Active Directory

Hi,

we have configured the AD driver, what we need now is to make the
subscription and publication from IDM 4.0 to Microsoft Active
Directory,

How can we achieve this?

This image for reference  here 'Venkizmet Peru SAC'
(http://formsservices.webcindario.com/question9.html)

thanks

--
eden_silva

eden
1/14/2011 10:06:03 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On 01/14/2011 04:06 PM, eden silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have configured the AD driver, what we need now is to make the
> subscription and publication from IDM 4.0 to Microsoft Active
> Directory,
>
> How can we achieve this?
>
> This image for reference  here 'Venkizmet Peru SAC'
> (http://formsservices.webcindario.com/question9.html)
>
> thanks

Assuming you have read the links that Geoffrey provided you in an
earlier post you know that IDM is event driven.

For a new setup you probably need to do a Migrate from the Identity
Vault to your AD, you should see a Migrate option in iManager. Or even a
Sync since you are just starting. In the documentation see:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm40/idm_common_driver/data/bfnnbsq.html

Along with references already provide, there is the documentation, you
can search this forum, as this topic of brand new AD comes up often. And
of course there is always training.

http://www.novell.com/training/courseware/catalog.jsp?pl=7365

0
John
1/14/2011 10:22:46 PM
hello my friend.

We reviewed the synchronization, but still can not achieve the
publication and subscription user's, between IDM4.0 and active
directory.

now I have another question
� Is it true you should do a mapping of fields between IDM and AD
modifying an xml file?

Do we need to know �what is the file, ? �How do you adjust?

thanks

jgdasilva;2065103 Wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 04:06 PM, eden silva wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > we have configured the AD driver, what we need now is to make the
> > subscription and publication from IDM 4.0 to Microsoft Active
> > Directory,
> >
> > How can we achieve this?
> >
> > This image for reference  here 'Venkizmet Peru SAC'
> > ('Venkizmet Peru SAC'
> (http://formsservices.webcindario.com/question9.html))
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Assuming you have read the links that Geoffrey provided you in an
> earlier post you know that IDM is event driven.
>
> For a new setup you probably need to do a Migrate from the Identity
> Vault to your AD, you should see a Migrate option in iManager. Or even
> Sync since you are just starting. In the documentation see:
>
> 'Novell Doc: Identity Manager 4.0 Common Driver Administration Guide -
> Migrating and Resynchronizing Data'
> (http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm40/idm_common_driver/data/bfnnbsq.html)
>
> Along with references already provide, there is the documentation, you
> can search this forum, as this topic of brand new AD comes up often.
> And
> of course there is always training.
>
> 'Catalog - Search Results'
> (http://www.novell.com/training/courseware/catalog.jsp?pl=7365)

--
eden_silva
eden_silva's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=101990
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=430036

0
eden
1/18/2011 3:06:03 PM
On 01/18/2011 08:06 AM, eden silva wrote:

> hello my friend.
>
> We reviewed the synchronization, but still can not achieve the
> publication and subscription user's, between IDM4.0 and active
> directory.
>
> now I have another question
> ¿ Is it true you should do a mapping of fields between IDM and AD
> modifying an xml file?
>
> Do we need to know ¿what is the file, ? ¿How do you adjust?
>

> thanks

Have you read any of the links that Geoffrey provided you in an earlier
post?

To figure out why data is not going you need to turn on trace, see the
trace links Geoffrey provided.

Yes, there is a lot you can do with policies in a driver, read the
excellent articles by Dave that go over the basics of how IDM works.
0
John

identity manager driver for GroupWise
Where can the identity manager driver for GroupWise be found. Is it included in the identity manager product? http://www.novell.com/products/nsureidentitymanager/pricing.html#email -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB wmader@jeffco.us wrote: > Where can the identity manager driver for GroupWise be found. Is it > included in the identity manager product? ...

no option for adding print drivers in manage driver store
Im working on getting a oes2 linux server setup. Im trying to get iprint going. Ive created the driver store, print manager, etc. per the instructions. But when I go to the manage driver store tab in iManager I dont have the option to add print drivers. -- ddhottinger ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --____KJJQAWKZEFECWQHAJTTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 24 Mar 2010 06:47:43 -0400" are you going ...

JDBC Driver in Identity Manager 4
Hi, a question, When making a publication from a table in an Oracle database, you may give a format to the published value in IDM, for example, if the value of the field "Full Name" in the table in the database is "John Doe", is it possible that IDM is published as "JOHN###DOE? thanks, -- eden_silva ------------------------------------------------------------------------ http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm36/policy/data/policytypes.html#b7ghx7l http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm36/policy/data/policytypes.html#b7ghw52 Shon On 0...

Identity Manager driver for Open VMS
Goodday, I am looking for someone who has experience with Identity Manager and a connector to Open VMS. Thanks in advance for your help. Arno Arno, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. M...

Known issues with Microsoft Driver manager and SQL Server driver ?
Hello, Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded Database drivers(ASA) ? Thanks, Chethan please clarify this asi quite honestly I have no clue what you are asking. DriverManager will keep track of all loaded JDBC drivers and use the 1st driver which matches the URL. > Hello, > > Are there any known issues with Microsoft Driver Manager > hosting both SQL Server driver and Sybase Embedded > Database drivers(ASA) ? > > Thanks, > Chethan > > ...

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

Active Directory to Identity Manager not Flowing Correctly
I have been running netware for years and have recently implemented identity manager. I used the wizard to help my Active Directory synchronize with NDS. All works fine when building new users in either AD or Consoel One. When I move a user, however, I get problems. It seems to work then a few minutes later the users login name changes to the display name. There account will not work until I rename it back. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated it. ALSO, I am hoping to find a good resource on how the designer works. The flow of things to help me better understand. ...

driver AD for IDENTITY MANAGER 4.0
We have created a user in Active directory, the remote loader is installed and we also send this record to the . log file any comments? DirXML: [01/21/11 09:25:48.99]: DirXML Log Event ------------------- Driver = \TREEVK01-IDM4\system\driverset1\Active Directory Thread = Publisher Channel Object = CN=john doe,CN=Users,DC=novellvk,DC=com Level = error Message = Code(-9010) An exception occurred: novell.jclient.JCException: createEntry -672 ERR_NO_ACCESS<operation-data unmatched-src-dn="john doe"/> <application>DirXML</application> <...

Userapp different drivers in the Identity Vault Manager
People, I can have more than one driver in a single Vault userapp with Identity Manager 4..? Thanks. -- jorgeprieto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 3/9/2011 12:06 AM, jorgeprieto wrote: > > People, > I can have more than one driver in a single Vault userapp with Identity > Manager 4..? The question is unclear to me. Can you have many drivers in IDM 4, when you happen to use User App? Then yes, of course. Can you have many User App drivers in one tree? Then sort of, but why? The User App JBoss app w...

Printer driver deleted immediately after printer driver installation by remote printer management
I have a Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Novell Client 4.9 SP2. The printer drivers installed after the user login, but it will be deleted immediately after a meanwhile. The system event log show "Printer xxxx is pending deleted". And finally no network printer is installed on client side. I tried to add the printer driver manaually by access NDPS Controlled Printer, Windows alerted that it cannot locate the printer and cannot download the printer driver, but it can shows the printer status is "Ready" at add printer dialog. Any advice about this? Thanks. What first comes...

[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
hi all,  I am getting this error "[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", I am uing XP,and SP3 packs. The main Prob is the same code is running on one system...when i run in other system it is giving this error....   thanks murthy    Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, I don't know what's your connection string, but I recommend you to check it again and ensure it's correct. You may take a look at the connection strings samples in this link: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Also, pleas...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
I connecting to microsoft excel throu powerbuilder ,with dsn less connection. code like this sqlca.odbc = "odbs" sqlca.dbparm = "connectionstring='{driver= microsoft excel driver(*.xls)};dbq = 'd:\new\credit.xls'uid = '';pwd='';'" connec using sqlca; but i get above document title error please anybody help me pravin It's ConnectString, not ConnectionString ... and you have some errant quotes. Given you didn't spell "connect" right in "Connect using sqlca", I'm guessing you retyped here rather tha...

ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Im rewriting an old asp page (that still works fine) that connects to an access database using a system dsn.  The asp page is written in perlscript, not that it matters.  However, my asp.net page cant seem to connect.  Im using the OdbcConnection object and trying to create an instance like so - new OdbcConnection(connStr), where connStr is my connection string that is just simply the dsn name ("DSN=mydsn")When I call open, i get the following: - - - - -An exception of type 'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException' occurred in System.Data.dll but was not handled in user codeAdditi...

Web resources about - Identity Manager Driver for Active Directory - novell.id-manager.drivers

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...